Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hey guys and gals

Welcome Dylan. BTW, what kind of Ranger are you?
    When Wealth is Lost, Nothing is Lost;
    When Health is Lost, Something is Lost;
    When Character is Lost, ALL IS LOST!!!!!!!

Colonel Charles Hyatt circa 1880

'elo and welcome to the forum. Pay attention, read, and ask every question you can think of so you can get the most of your stay.

I am doing just that and I am learning, but just remember you can only learn so much by sitting in front of the computer. You need to go out and practice the skills you are reading and asking about. Stay close to home while you practice and hone your skills. And if you ever do go out make sure you tell someone where you are going, give them an itinerary, and make sure you are prepared.

Ive almsot never had my feeling hurt. Well sarge I havnt been in the boyscouts for my mother thought it would be a waste of money and thus this rules out the first 2 questions. as for 3 I plan on first going to NOLS in Yukon as soon as i get 4 grand to pay for the trip. and after that il going to do some solo stuff to do some hands on learning then apply at a survival school that i can find. and as for 4 " Living through hardships and distress in and hostile envornment using your own wits and cunning" Howd I do? Also nice word :P And great humor guys it maded me lol all over the chair XD
    Survival

Blog Entries

Cool Points?

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Dylan View Post
    Ive almsot never had my feeling hurt. Well sarge I havnt been in the boyscouts for my mother thought it would be a waste of money and thus this rules out the first 2 questions. as for 3 I plan on first going to NOLS in Yukon as soon as i get 4 grand to pay for the trip. and after that il going to do some solo stuff to do some hands on learning then apply at a survival school that i can find. and as for 4 " Living through hardships and distress in and hostile envornment using your own wits and cunning" Howd I do? Also nice word :P And great humor guys it maded me lol all over the chair XD
    You lose 100 points on "No Scouts." Although I do understand that your mother calls the shots. Many on here are or have been actively involved in Scouting. I firmly believe that it's the best place to start.

You gain 50 points, however, for NOT planning on going out into the wild with nothing more than the clothes on your back & a knife.

Add an extra 50 points for not bringing the word KNIFE up at all!

You gain another 50 points for NOT holding Bear Grylls up as a shining example of a "Survival Mentor."

You lose 15 points for poor spelling!

But you get it back for not listing a bunch of vegetation to eat.

You get another 50 points for not putting the title "Survival Expert" as your screen name, but will lose that if you don't explain the title of "Ranger."

You stand to lose 100 points for not knowing the Boy Scout Motto & telling how you've applied it to yourself.

And if you can put up with me you'll gain another 500 points!

You also can get extra points if you know any good "Lawyer" jokes!

Remember, we're the "Wolf-Pack!" Not the "Pussy-cats."
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge47 View Post
    Remember, we're the "Wolf-Pack!" Not the "Pussy-cats."
    Sarge, I do not know what you are talking about, but I wouldn't mind being part of the Pussy Cat Dolls!

http://bandwagonmobile.com/admin/mus...318-227648.jpg

Know what I am saying? *looks to make sure the fiance` is not around*

Well the Ranger part Ive read about the green berets and the book series "Rangers Aprentice" is based on the green berets back in midevil tmes and I've used that name for many video games so ya lol. Im ready for the 500 points sir! ^__^. And for the joke.. hmm..

A man woke up in a hospital bed and called for his doctor. He asked "Give it to me straight. How long have I got?" The physician replied that he doubted that his patient would survive the night. The man then said "Call for my lawyer."

When the lawyer arrived, the man asked for his physician to stand on one side of the bed, while the lawyer stood on the other. The man then laid back and closed his eyes. When he remained silent for several minutes, the physician asked what he had in mind.

The man replied "Jesus died with a thief on either side, and I thought I'd check out the same way."
    Ive remembered this joke before but i had to copy and paste it from the site my friend told me. I tend to slaughter the joke when i try to repeat it :P
    Survival

well i rarely do welcomes, but as soon as i saw your post i knew the wicked wizard of the west would show up, so i'll add my 2 cents worth.
    if there is any points to be given out i will award a whole bunch of them for doing nols in the yukon, mad props if ya make it thru that son, and that comes from an old army ranger, if its worth anything to ya.
    always be prepared-prepare all ways
    http://wareaglesurvival.blogspot.com

Thanks wareagle that means alot
    Survival

Blog Entries

Cool You're in the hole...

You're down about quite a few points because of the knife thread & the 500 points are still "in progress." You didn't gain anything with the lawyer joke as jokes have to be funny, not factual! You also didn't "define Survival," or explain the Boy Scout Motto & tell us how you've applied it! Keep going!
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Blog Entries

Cool Hmmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by wareagle69 View Post
    well i rarely do welcomes, but as soon as i saw your post i knew the wicked wizard of the west would show up...
    Bru-hoo-hoo-ha-ha! Or "nanny nanny boo boo!"
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

Living through hardships and distress in and hostile envornment using your own wits and cunning is my definition of survival and I didnt join the boy scouts so i dont know the motto mr. wicked wizard of the west
    Survival

HeySARRRGEE, what's this lose points on the no boy scouts crap?? How many points do I lose? Last time I saw one, I was punching him on the nose as I recall.

RD, you stick with me and WarEagle, you'll do fine pilgrim.
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Pilgrim..hmm... do I get a hat? ^__^
    Survival

Blog Entries

Cool Hmmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Dylan View Post
    Living through hardships and distress in and hostile envornment using your own wits and cunning is my definition of survival and I didnt join the boy scouts so i dont know the motto mr. wicked wizard of the west
    Then I suggest you read Wareagle's sig., Numpty from Iowa!
    Last edited by Sarge47; 04-11-2010 at 09:00 PM.
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

Blog Entries

Cool Well, since you brought it up...

Quote Originally Posted by trax View Post
    HeySARRRGEE, what's this lose points on the no boy scouts crap?? How many points do I lose? Last time I saw one, I was punching him on the nose as I recall.

RD, you stick with me and WarEagle, you'll do fine pilgrim.
    Points are only for half-lings & Americans...Canadians are exempt as they have their own problems to work out. That poor Boy Scout you hit shoulda known the motto, huh?
    Last edited by Sarge47; 04-11-2010 at 05:24 PM.
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

Points are only for half-lings & Americans...Canadians are exempt as they have their own problems to work out. That poor Boy Scout you hit shoulda known the motto, huh?
    You go Sarge!!!!
    No molly-coddling here.

I have no idea what molly coddling is but it sure sounds like something we want no part of. I'm with Benesse on this one. I got your back.

Molly-coddling sounds like something to do with fire...I like fire...
    Survival

Blog Entries

Cool Yo, Ranger "wannabe" dude...

Don't "diss" the Scouts; this happened in your neck of the woods:

http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...ead.php?t=8233

Check this thread out as well:

http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...ead.php?t=1136

The Boy Scout motto is used by every Survival class that I know of, so you might just listen up; if your not playing us.
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

Yeah he should have, and ...own problems to work out? uh-uh, read my sig line.
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"