Thread: Starting a fire with a stun flashlight

Default Starting a fire with a stun flashlight

Hi all, was cleaning the house the other day and found a stun city flashlight I bought a couple of years ago at a local gun show. Charged the battery and it worked, both as a flashlight and stun. While it was sparking and arcing the thought came to mind I bet I could start a fire with this darn thing. Cut a piece of cardboard to protect the lens and took an almost empty can of off and tap sprayed (just a little bit) a wad of pine needles. Sure enough instant fire. Next I tried a small piece of char punk wood. Did not work on first try as I had the contacts in the rim in direct contact with the char punk wood so I backed off a bit and move the arcing rim into the char punk wood and this time it worked - had two embers going where the edge of the two contacts where. Looks like the stun flashlight can make a first fire with the help of a little off and then keep making fires if you make some char punk wood during the first fire. Just thought others might find this interesting or useful.

IMGP0079resize.jpg

IMGP0080resize.jpg

Heh. Pretty cool. You can kill a palmetto bug, start a fire, and foil a bank robbery in quick succession (wait, how long does a charge take?)
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

I do not think that stun gun was working properly.

I believe the only valid process for testing one is to put it against your leg and hit the button.

That or find the family cat.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    I do not think that stun gun was working properly.

I believe the only valid process for testing one is to put it against your leg and hit the button.

That or find the family cat.
    Works great! sprayed myself with off and zapped my leg ;-)
    Man-on-fire.jpg

Now I have lots of char cloth ;-)

Wow! That's cool! Uh, maybe hot?

So glad you're not a palmetto bug...
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

I didn't even know that could happen. That's pretty cool. At the very least, it's a pretty interesting and useful idea on a camping trip. Thanks for suggesting such an idea. My sons and I are going camping in the mountains next week and I plan to try your method. What do you usually take with you when you go camping? I took canned goods, rubber boots, bug spray, tents, and SPAM lots and lots of SPAM.
    Last edited by crashdive123; 09-14-2022 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Idiot Spammer

Quote Originally Posted by HassangLauser View Post
    I didn't even know that could happen. It's pretty cool. At the very least, it's a pretty interesting and useful idea on a camping trip.
    Somehow I sense an edit coming to this post. What is the over/under on four days from now?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Hey! Knew that was coming.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel