Thread: 3 piece knives

Without counsel purposes are disappointed: but in the multitude of counsellers they are established.

s.pottscustomknives@gmail.com
    www.facebook.com/s.pottscustomknives
    http://s1248.beta.photobucket.com/us...llss7/library/

Wow! You've shown a lot of your work here, randallss7, but I think that Canadian Belt Knife is my all time favorite! It's such a classic style and executed extremely well. 52100 is such a fantastic carbon steel, I'm not sure why it's not used more by other knife makers.

Very nice. Walnut is a classic. You guys amaze me that you try such diverse stuff. Crash with the termite wood and now you with the corn husks. Most excellent!

beautiful work man
    My youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ultsmackdown Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/antonyraison/

(BOSWA) ELITE SURVIVAL RANGER - BSR/16/05

I really like the canadian belt knife as well.
    What's so crazy about standing toe-to-toe saying I am?
    ~Rocky Balboa

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    Wow! You've shown a lot of your work here, randallss7, but I think that Canadian Belt Knife is my all time favorite! It's such a classic style and executed extremely well. 52100 is such a fantastic carbon steel, I'm not sure why it's not used more by other knife makers.
    I like 52100 also and starting to like it more and more, seams to be a little more corrosion resistant than 1095, basically same price, holds an edge a little better, takes a hair popping razor edge, some say heat treat is harder, I do not see it but maybe I'm missing something. I made myself this knife a while ago, I have chopped threw deer bone (ribs etc) pretty much the only knife I use in the kitchen, I'm not a chef so I guess I am missing all the reasons it wont work as a good kitchen knife. I also use it as one of my 3 deer processing knives. This one is based on a 3/16" stock thickness blade, I have started making them on a 1/8" stock thickness blade, with a nice distal taper the blade takes on nice flexibility and the tip is micro thin, I personally like the beefy version, its like a chef style, Cleaver, and chopper all in one.

I also am putting myself in line for a Canadian belt knife, I have made several, they are ugly as heck, but I totally get the design and the way they feel in the hand. It will be made from 52100 and will have a simple set of wooden scales with a lot of little pins. I have tested knife handles with the 1/16" pins with no glue you cant get the scales off, I believe its a very secure way of attaching scales and is also looks good.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Without counsel purposes are disappointed: but in the multitude of counsellers they are established.

s.pottscustomknives@gmail.com
    www.facebook.com/s.pottscustomknives
    http://s1248.beta.photobucket.com/us...llss7/library/

Excellant looking knives!
    Sometimes I wander because I’m lost

Wow! Great job on all! Very nicely done!

More beautiful work for sure.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Thumbs up

Awesome knives , love the Drop point with walnut scales & the Canadian belt knife