Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: G dropping

My accent gets even worse when I when I take a big chaw of kentucky twist, you would think I was from south Carolina or something.
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

Y'all don't know accents. We've got 8 or 10 here in Texas.

Alan

A funny (at least I think so) story about accents here in Florida. Years ago I worked with a guy from Brooklyn. He managed a pest control office in Palm Coast, Florida and was a Lieutenant in the volunteer fire department. He had, as you might imagine, a very, very thick Brooklyn accent. One day I asked him if he every was given a hard time because of his accent. He said that if you live in Palm Coast and don't have a New York accent they give you a hard time.

I've been there quite a few times. He was right.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

My boss had just moved to Tampa and I was down there for work. I went with him to Home Depot. We walked in and he asked one of the guys where the furnace filters were.

"Did you just move to Florida?" the guy asked.

"Yeah, why?"

"We don't have furnaces in Florida. The air conditioner filters are in Aisle 3."

Here, we have everything. The influx of people from all over the country looking to buy marij...uh, I mean looking for great outdoor excitement has brought in all kind of diversity. The Fr over at the Episcopal Church says, "Ya'll". About half the congregation is from "down south" and the rest seems to be from the M's and W's up north. I know the people who are actually from Denver because they're the ones not sniffing and snorting and they don't sweat in the summer. There used to be great drivers up here - considerate, attentive - then California and the South (I can say that since I'm from the South) invaded.

There's a saying, "You can't get any further North than Florida."

"Ever heard of Florida Man?" (I can bring that up because I was born in Florida."

Last edited by WolfVanZandt; 09-16-2017 at 10:55 AM.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

I once worked with a nice new zealand lady who asked me to drive her on an errand concerning her "leeter". We tried milk, petrol, orange juice and even vodka. I finally figured out that she wanted to mail a letter to her friend
    back home. We went to the post office.
    Last edited by Faiaoga; 09-17-2017 at 11:14 PM.

welll we have main accents here mostly English 1st language and Afrikaans 1st language.
    the accents sound quiet different
    My youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ultsmackdown Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/antonyraison/

(BOSWA) ELITE SURVIVAL RANGER - BSR/16/05