Thread: Now What Fowler

Makery and Mischief

Default Now What Fowler

Vlog #1 begin the new chapter in the YouTube channel of Fowler's Maker and Mischief. "Now What Fowler" is exactly that. What does Fowler do after winning History's Alone season 3 and the $500,000. prize. This is the first story of my new vlog. The Vlog will be basically a behind the scenes look at my life. I will still be doing all the videos about making stuff on Alone, slingshot shooting and other general making videos that I feel like making so if you want to know what I'm doing with all this money and see what it is like living off grid in a yurt with a driveway you have to snowmobile up thats what this Vlogging thing is going to be about.

Whats the first thing you would Buy?

Video link>>> https://youtu.be/m-T9vGBuF14
    Attached Images Attached Images

LOL....Way to go Zach......Good to see your are enjoying the spoils of your labor....
    Some may say "the winnings".....but you really earned this.
    Congrats again.......

Looking forward to following you....still having a bad time with vid's...guess I gonna have to switch out machines.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Liked your Vlog. Thanks for sharing and congrats again.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Just remember that money is only insured up to $100k if kept in the bank. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Just remember that money is only insured up to $100k if kept in the bank. Just a thought.
    If I had 1/2 a $million$ the last place it'd be would be a bank checking account. Even a credit union will insure an account you open for up to $250k through NCUA federal insurance. Plus they actually pay interest.
    Wilderness Survival:
    Surviving a temporary situation where you're lost in the wilderness

I thought it was insured for each account. Couldn't you open more than one account or use different banks?

Quote Originally Posted by rebel View Post
    I thought it was insured for each account. Couldn't you open more than one account or use different banks?
    Banks insure your accounts up to $250,000. He could split it between two banks.

The problem is the FDIC/FSLIC funds are always gone due to the bankruptcies of banks and bad loans by about July each year. Plus you are safer splitting it up between three or four banks so the amount you have to recover from the government agency is less per bank. Not that I'm recommending all this money be kept in banks, but when we sold our houses over 16 moves, we came very familiar with banking regulations.
    But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. Joshua 24:15

Zach...You just need to get a lawyer/finance guy.....and try not to spend it all in one place (unless you want to....LOL)
    Can go quick.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

I'd shop around for a reliable financial planner if I were you. Take of some of that to them.

Some of the big dollar athletes had finance guys that didn't work out so well.

I could see myself with a Christmas tree farm.

I would probably buy Tootsie Pops. I'm still trying to figure out how many licks it takes to get to the center of one.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I would probably buy Tootsie Pops. I'm still trying to figure out how many licks it takes to get to the center of one.
    Have you considered asking Mr. Owl?

He always cheats. Besides, I don't think he really gives a hoot.

The first thing I would do is put 250K in a bank account and set it aside for next April.... or this April, depending on if you got the money in 2016 or 2017. Uncle Sam is probably going to take 50%, just sayin.... After that, I would do the following.

1. Pay off every debt I have.
    2. Take about 10K and buy gold and silver. This would be an "emergency fund".
    3. Invest the rest. I would put a lot of it in a Mutual Fund, and some of it in stocks. You are young, so have a little fun in the stock market. Buy stocks that pay dividends, and live off the dividends.

I am not a financial planner. I am not rich, and I have a bunch of debt.... so basically, my advice isn't worth much.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee