Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: winter vehicle loadout how do you do yours?

Kids don't "borrow" anything, you just give it to them.....your job as Dad.

I would continue to expect her to back you up in the future....or the old "Hey remember when you had to borrow the TP when we were out shooting"......story will become legend.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

those stories always come out in front of new boy friends LOL, remember when? lol.
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

Quote Originally Posted by sjj View Post
    natertot,

Would you please explain what you mean by "Dry-Spill" and how you use it with the salt mix?
    Sorry sjj, I just noticed this and I will explain.

Dry-Spill (and similar products) are what shops and certain fields use when something liquid spills on the floor. You sprinkle the stuff on the liquid and it absorbs it allowing you to simply sweep up the floor and not have a wet floor as a "slip hazard". It is similar to cat litter, but much cheaper around $4 for a 50lbs bag, and the stuff I use is a bit "grittier" than cat litter as well. I mix it about 50/50 with the salt that I store in my vehicles. The reason I do this is when a vehicle gets stuck and you put salt down, it turns the ice into slush and the slush quickly dissolves the salt. Doesn't help too much in the way of traction. The Dry-Spill will not dissolve and as the ice gets soft from the salt, the dry-spill will dig into it giving great traction to get said vehicle out of the stuck predicament. It was a trick I picked up from a "AAA" roadside guy back in high school. It works pretty good.
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten