Thread: Ragweed Forge

Default Ragweed Forge

I recently ordered a issaki jaarvenpa knife from Ragweed Forge. It came quick, they are a fast shipper. To my dismay it wasn't the one I ordered. I was the correct knife but it was in stainless rather than carbon. My heart sunk, I had been dragging my feet for a few years on ordering this knife but finally did. I emailed a short message of the situation. In a few minutes I received a phone call from the owner. This was 8 o-clock at night. We talked about it and he offered to send another knife but alas he was sold out on the model I wanted. He had a lapin puuko in carbon, nearly the same as the jaavenpa. That sounded good to me so he sent it out really fast. I sent the jaarvenpa back. He sent a flat diamond sharpener along as a gift. I told him that wasn't necessary as things happen. I don't feel right gaining from a small mistake and I may have even put the wrong number on the ordering form. Not a big deal either way. Anyhoo I now have a big sammi knife, good for butchering reindeer, batoning wood and various camp chores. Eventually I'll order a jaarvenpa.
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

Nice to see another company that stands behind their work.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I have known Jim for a long time and can attest that he is a first rate individual. I'm not surprised at all that he sent something extra to make up for the error. That's just Jim. I would have no reservations about ordering anything from him.

Good to hear "Good company/Good Guy" stories.
    Thanks for posting.....
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

I have ordered about 25 blades and a few knives from Ragweed, GREAT service never a problem. he had for a while a blade called a cobbler's knife only bought 2 wish I bought 12 full tang 3.5"ish blade great turkey and white tail blade.

I have ordered a few things from him and they always came FAST. I know he doesn't make most of the stuff he sells, but man, those two Helle blades I got from him have been very impressive. Anyways, it is nice to hear that he hasn't changed.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee