Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: preparedness in images

Default preparedness in images

I thought it would be more impacting to show some photos...?

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Last edited by remy; 07-07-2009 at 05:13 PM.

Good stuff, Remy. I particularly like the fire extinguisher! That's something everyone should have no matter where they live. I saved a former home because I had a 20 lb. CO2 handy. I now have 2 of them as well as the ABC Dry Chems. You can snuff a chimney fire with a CO2 pretty quickly although it was a grease fire that I battled.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Yeah...we have 3 of them (one on each floor, and one in the car).
    It's all those silly little things we never think about...Like the N95 dust masks...it took me months to remember to pick some up.

Thanks for the pics.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I like that Kel-tec folding .223 rifle. Always been tempted to get one of those. How do you think it stacks up to an AR?
    "How do you know that my dimwitted inexperience isn't merely a subtle form of manipulation used to lower people's expectations thereby enhancing my ability to effectively maneuver within any given situation?" -Deputy Dewey Riley, Scream 2

Thanks for sharing, and some good ideas there.

Here's a write up on the Kel-Tec.

http://www.equipped.com/Kel-Tec_SU-16_Review.htm
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Southern WV , raised in Eastern KY up a holler

You are prepared and I did learn. Fire extinguishers, taken for granted at home, car, truck and even atv but never really thought of as a survival item. I also plan on staying at home yet I would have to "round up" some items you already have prepared to move out. All in all I would say "good job" on your planning.
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old
    to fight... he'll just kill you.

Like Old VW Coot said, excellent preparedness. you definatly have it thought out. I hadent thought of a fire extinguisher either, though I usually keep several boxes of baking soda around in car and kits. it is worth the weight to keep on hand.
    Turtle Clan / Coffee Addicts Anonymous

Oh, and on the 5 gallon water containers...one thought. They make those so they are stackable on top of each other, which is what I have. Gives you a bit more options in where to store them if you can do so vertically. You might also want to think about ordering a self siphoning spigot for them. Pouring water out of them without one is a messy pain. Especially if you are trying to filling something smaller like a canteen.

The climbing rope is a great addition, too. Paracord/550 cord should NEVER be used for climbing. What length of rope do you have?

sgtdraino,

I could not tell you, i never fired an AR.
    I can tell you though that i am extremely satisfied with the SU-16. At first i was a little skeptical about that folding stock (is it going to move and rattle ?)and all that "plastic"...but we all love it.
    Our next Christmas gift will be an Eotech 552 for it.
    The rifle does accept AR mags though...which i thought was a great idea. The field stripping could be performed by a 5 year old too.
    We put about 500 rounds through, and so far no problems. Once folded, we can fit it in our biggest BOB if we want to (the camelbak BFM as shown). Overall a great addition to our gear.

Ole coot,

Fire extinguishers are not necessarily a "survival" item, but definitely a "preparedness" item...And as for rounding up, all items are "bagged" following different categories. Our vehicle (ford escape (ironic) hybrid) also contains an array of equipment and another 5 gallons of water. Our important papers, although in a fire resistant safe at home, have all been photocopied and put in a safe box at our local bank with some cash and photos of all our belongings for insurance purposes.
    Our equipment is divided in groups, from "heavy gear" to "medium weight", and finally BOB...

Rick,

The space we had created for water storage (remember we are in an apartment)meant side by side. Not able to stack here, and so we went with those (7.5 gallons each). The cap, when unscrewed and flipped is equipped with a retractable spigot.
    Our next nest we will definitely switch to stackable though, and if we stay in southern California, might even go with 50 gallon drums (water is a big concern here).

30' on the rope.
    Climbing rope is so darn expensive...but i always thought it was a must item.

It's all a "preparedness" item until you need it, isn't it? Then it becomes a "survival" item.

i keep my eye out for climbing line when it's on clearance. can find good dynamic single 11-12mm rope for well under a buck per foot if you aren't in a hurry about it.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

True...
    Rick is so smart !

Vous m'incitez à rougir, monsieur!

Those blue Reliance containers look stackable, so much so that they are a perfectly molded fit. They are not in practice though. I had one straight up blow out in the closet. All five gallons in the hallway. Luckily, it was caught quick and at floor level already.

If you can't stack Remy, and are getting the containers from Wal-Mart ... I think you could get more per square foot if you used the desert containers from here out. The taller thinner ones. Only 5 or 6 gallons, but that is 10 or 12 gallons in the same footprint as the 7 gallon above.
    Why is it my countrymen don't realize the American Dream isn't a house in the suburbs and an SUV? It's "Don't Tread On Me".

Preparedness / survival gear deals and sales of the day, every day.
    http://survivaldeal.com

Vraiment ?
    Et moi qui pensait t'inciter a penser...
    (Tu n'es pas obligé de me vouvoyez non plus.)

Hmmm...i would have to check those out then rightcoast...
    I got those containers from "adventure 16"...

What about some photos of your stuff ?
    hopeak ?
    beo ?
    Rick ?
    Sarge ?
    Anyone ?

Talking about it is great, although limited...but seeing is practical.

I would like to see some photos of those "desert containers" from rightcoast too...

Got to use some the past few days. I'll snap some pics and post em after all of the clean up is through.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel