Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Cowboy's work is never done!

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Sounds like they had a plan you did not follow.

Put them in your pasture, let yopu feed them, medicate them and fatten them up, then come claim their property/charge you with theft.

You did too good on the CYA job and they decided to pick up their stock early.

Word gets around quick in a "good 'ole boy" network.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    Sounds like they had a plan you did not follow.

Put them in your pasture, let yopu feed them, medicate them and fatten them up, then come claim their property/charge you with theft.

You did too good on the CYA job and they decided to pick up their stock early.

Word gets around quick in a "good 'ole boy" network.
    And they WILL do that ,when the neighbors horses came onto my property (through a fence) I was told I had to let them come and take them ,if I didn't allow them to do so,then I could be charged,then the poorest of the 3 went down,and I refused to allow them to drag it,by the neck,with a tractor and chain,across the field,and my yard to road to drag it home.

The officer DID agree with me on that one that it was cruel to the poor thing to be treated that way,and forced him to call a vet to come and put him down
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Someone needs to put the owners down.
    This is an occasion when owning a gun would not be a good thing for me.

Interesting situation. In the town you live they will not take animal abuse reports unless you do so in person. I guess that cuts down on false reports just because your neighbor played music too loud last night.

They are closed Wednesday and Sunday. I've sent you a PM with the address. I'd take a copy of that picture you posted along with you and show the SPCA the shape the horse is in. It would be hard for them to ignore that. I'd take any other documents you have in had as well just to show how you got involved. That might mean a copy of the police report just to prove LEO put the horses in your pasture.

I'm glad your out of the picture on having to care for them and I'm glad you're following up on the safety of the horses.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Keep us posted CS.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I am feeling a bit frustrated that I haven't made better headway. I wanted to point out a good thing that has come of this. As I searched out the owner and visited the neighboring barns in the area. I was able to network with like minded people. I have had several calls today following up and offering assistance. I also got an offer to buy a long horn steer for $400. Something I have had interest in was longhorns. I wonder how much meat you get for $400? Anybody ever butchered one?
    Keep in mind the problem may be extremely complicated, though the "Fix" is often simple...

"Teaching a child to fish is the "original" introduction to all that is wild." CS

"How can you tell a story that has no end?" Doc Carlson