Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Squirrel Season

bow and arrow is a good idea,what about a high powered pellet rifle,or a 50 cal. blowgun?
    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave in a well preserved body,but rather to skid in sideways,bruised,battered,and totally worn out,shouting "Holy crap.....what a ride!"

As for primitive... Slingshot!!!... my preference is a pump air rifle... not ideal if you're shootin 'em up in a tree.. actually not really a good idea at all.... but around me, they are jumping all over... I get like 3 or 4 running across my back deck at a time... I'll sneak out the front door, sit in the side yard, take careful aim, and WHAP, headshot.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery?" - Patrick Henry

A quest for knowledge is never complete.

The only easy day was yesterday.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by your_comforting_company View Post
    lol. pets.

next thing you know people will have pet chickens, and birds, and fish, and pet pigs...

...oh wait...

i'm getting hungry
    And just what's wrong with pet chickens hmmmm??
    Ken, I'm with you on this one!

Who has the ban button?
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

Baton?! Do Sarge, Crash and I look like baton kind of guys? We're routy touty. We use levers and gears and buttons and switches. It's all very mechanically and electrically complicated. Even some smoke and mirrors but I can assure you there are absolutely NO batons! Hmmmpf.

Oh, wait....you said button......uh, never mind.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

"PIRACY IN THE BLOOD" Icemancometh's Avatar

Some friends of ours have a pet squirrel, named of all things Nutty Buddy. He sits on thier shoulders and eats out of thier hands. They tried to set him free but he would sit in a tree outdise of thier door and jump on them whenever they left the house. True story.
    ""What the hell you doin' with that lawnmower blade?" "I aim to kill you with it.""

I had a neighbor that did the same thing until the squirrel bit her and she had to take rabies shots. True story.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

We have a Grey in the back yard which is safe (as long as he keeps minding his manners). The little diggers though, they just destroy to much stuff.
    Have Lights? Thank a Lineman!
    "Being prepared is sometimes inconvenient, but not being prepared is always inconvenient." - Fred Choate

I've been hauling the diggers off all summer. All you have to do is set out an unbaited trap and you'll catch them. They are dumber than rocks.

we have several chipmonks , couple of red squirrells, and greys plus momma racoon and momma bear with her triplets that frequent my back porch, along with all my birds, nothing more funny than getting my butt chewed by a squrrell hanging off a feeder as i am trying to fill it, the other night we had to put a 3ft by 4ft pice of paneling in front of the bay window to stop little brown dog from barking all night and what do i see on the window in the morning? muddy bear paws trying to see over it, i think she was asking where the bucket of kfc was, man i love living here
    always be prepared-prepare all ways
    http://wareaglesurvival.blogspot.com

naturalist primitive your_comforting_company's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by wychwood View Post
    And just what's wrong with pet chickens hmmmm??
    Ken, I'm with you on this one!

Who has the ban button?
    nothing wrong with pet chickens. but i did notice ken put up a picture of one of those "pets" on the grill with some foreign object up his and noone got offended.. strange folk.

no need to ban me. If you dont want me here I can leave of my own accord.
    sorry if I seem brash, but that pissed me off.
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. Helen Keller

My Plants
    My skills
    Eye Candy
    Plant terminology reference!
    Moving pictures

it's a can of beer most likely.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

nothing wrong with pet chickens. but i did notice ken put up a picture of one of those "pets" on the grill with some foreign object up his and noone got offended.. strange folk.

Not quite sure what you are so upset about. You start a thread about squirrel hunting. Ken, who has many times (and obviously unknown to you) said that he treats squirrels as pets - hence the "sick" comment. He also posts a picture of a chicken being roasted with a can of beer inserted (prompting the beer butt chicken comment) BTW you can buy beer butt chicken kits in many places around here. Then Winnie makes a comment about chickens - noting that she has posted many times about raising them and calling them "her girls" - another bit of personality quirk that was obviously not known to you. (kind of happens on forums when folks get to know one another). Then seemingly out of the blue - you take offense - get po'd and talk about being banned. Honestly - lighten up a bit.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Blog Entries

It was a Joke! There's also been a bit of giggling going on about who actually has the ban button. If I take offence to a post, believe me you'll know about it.
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    They are dumber than rocks.
    Really?

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

Alright people, I've made Nora aware of the content of this thread, brace yourselves for the wrath.
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by trax View Post
    Alright people, I've made Nora aware of the content of this thread, brace yourselves for the wrath.
    What's a Nora?I just know I'm going to regret this

Quote Originally Posted by wychwood View Post
    What's a Nora?I just know I'm going to regret this
    shhhhhhh.....Nora is an Attack Ninja Squirrel. She is probably behind you right now. She is ....... Oh goodness! I've said too much already.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Nora and I are friends. She a bit of an elitist and normally hangs around moderators and administrators. But for some reason she's taken a liking the Trax. She is a full ninja warrior. She is a master of the following martial arts:

Aikido
    Archery
    Boxing
    Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
    Capoeira
    Danish The Pastry
    Eskrima
    Exlax
    Fencing
    Hapkido
    Hari Krishna
    Hybrid martial arts
    Jeet Kune Do
    Jojutsu
    Judo
    Jujutsu
    Karate
    Kickboxing
    Kobudo
    Krav Maga
    Meta Tarsal
    Mixed martial arts
    Muay Thai
    Muslim martial arts
    Ninjutsu
    Prime Ordial
    Sambo
    Silat
    Ssireum
    Systema
    Taekwondo
    Twinkie Done Gone
    Wang Chung Tonight
    Wing Chun
    Wrestling
    Wushu

And no matter what you do, never, ever stare into her eyes. She can melt your soul.

Wang Chung Tonight ---- deadly.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I was still editing when you posted.