Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Spider bites

Now that is some good stuff, I had'nt gave much thought too....Thanks for posting.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    Now that is some good stuff, I had'nt gave much thought too....Thanks for posting.
    Hey Hunter, have you ever heard of barking spiders? I remember when I was a kid, I would hear my dad tell mom about them all of the time. We must have had a lot of them at our house although I never really saw them.........ever!

Oh yeah, usually come out when a group of guys are hanging around, after a some hard boiled eggs and brewskies, or beans.....

Around here we have the elusive African barking spiders, very rare, and mostly only heard, not seen....although I hear that to see one is not a pretty sight.

Kinda falls into the old "Pull my finger"....line of activities.....

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...rking%20spider

Randy, the picture was just to show that the venom(poison) is present in all spiders. It's not their saliva.

I'll do a few pushups for causing the confusion.
    I had a compass, but without a map, it's just a cool toy to show you where oceans and ice are.

Someone told me one time that the dady long legs spider is the most poisenous spider on earth, but it's mouth is so small it can't bite humans...................is that true?

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    Randy, the picture was just to show that the venom(poison) is present in all spiders. It's not their saliva.

I'll do a few pushups for causing the confusion.
    It makes no difference for the purpose of this thread but following the evolutionary ladder it is nothing more than MODIFIED saliva. Semantics, technicalities and such.

If you ever do see a barking spider you can consider the barker disqualified from the barking event. I think someone posted a caution on here a few days ago that went soemthing like, "Never trust a barking spider".
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

So last september I got a brown reccluse bite, after two weeks, I know way two long, I finally decided to go to the hospital and they perscribed me to antbiotics, I was on them for a little bit and It made many of the problems go away, however the medication was making me so sick I stopped taking it. Now in february the back spot is still there, and occasionally it hurts.

Do you guys know anything that I can do to make this go away?

Quote Originally Posted by japs8944 View Post
    So last september I got a brown reccluse bite, after two weeks, I know way two long, I finally decided to go to the hospital and they perscribed me to antbiotics, I was on them for a little bit and It made many of the problems go away, however the medication was making me so sick I stopped taking it. Now in february the back spot is still there, and occasionally it hurts.

If you do not seek medical attention....and if it is really a bite from a brown recluse.....Read where it says effects of bite http://www.brown-recluse.com/bitephotos.html
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by japs8944 View Post

Although this is not an accepted medical practice, I have heard that cordisone ( dexamethasone ) injections around the bite site works wonders. You may have a tough time finding a doctor to do this but a lot of farm vets do this and it normally works well leading to much reduced rotting and swelling. Normally the symptoms just go away very quickly!

Well the bite was treated, and the rotting and swelling went away, I just still have a black spot there that I kinda want to go away.

Thanks for posting that site. crashdive123 great stuff

iM FAIRLY CERTAIN THAT AFTER VIEWING THE SPIDER BITES iM NOT WANTING TO COME VISIT YOU GUYS ANY TIME SOON !!! lol ! ! ! !
    THE PROSPECTOR ! !

agree lol

When I lived in kentucky I would get a bite once in awhile, not sure what it was from. It was the size of a quarter and would harden over. My friends would get the same bite but theirs would have a small blister in the center. Not sure but it may have been a wolf spider.

Quote Originally Posted by birdman6660 View Post
    iM FAIRLY CERTAIN THAT AFTER VIEWING THE SPIDER BITES iM NOT WANTING TO COME VISIT YOU GUYS ANY TIME SOON !!! lol ! ! ! !
    http://www.ontarioinsects.org/TMason/frame.htm Just sayin.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Rick and Hunter are our resident experts on barking spiders, so any further questions about those will be deferred to them

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Anyone remember the screaming Camel Spider scare when the troops first invaded Iraq?

spiders ths size of a car tire the ran on their two back legs screaming as they swept across the sand!

Able to bite you painlessly and suck out all your body fluids while you slept.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Quote Originally Posted by Wildthang View Post
    Rick and Hunter are our resident experts on barking spiders, so any further questions about those will be deferred to them
    Would that be the infamous African barking spiders you speak of?

They are known to inhabit the trees around the perimeter of a camp fire, waiting for the unsuspecting after supper that included beans, chili w/beans or potato salad w/eggs.....and beer.

Can be very dangerous......
    Last edited by hunter63; 03-27-2013 at 05:00 PM. Reason: splin" and deleted a line on the dangers, for taste reasons

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    Anyone remember the screaming Camel Spider scare when the troops first invaded Iraq?

spiders ths size of a car tire the ran on their two back legs screaming as they swept across the sand!

Able to bite you painlessly and suck out all your body fluids while you slept.
    I remember that, and I remember seeing the pictures that were posted about them too.
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"