Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Where is the best place in the USA to do a Les Stroud and D*ck Proenneke??

Quote Originally Posted by BENESSE View Post
    I love to see old threads revived. It means someone cares enough to do research on what was said before and follows up allowing new members to contribute their POV.
    Spot on....some one has done the 'search"as is suggested many times....
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    Pertinent information is never "old"....PM added some interesting info........Unless it "the best survivial knife", better be "New"....
    Quote Originally Posted by BENESSE View Post
    I love to see old threads revived. It means someone cares enough to do research on what was said before and follows up allowing new members to contribute their POV.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    Spot on....some one has done the 'search"as is suggested many times....
    I agree wholeheartedly.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

It's spring again!

These searches would be easier if we had a ROTTW section, possibly titled How To Live (freeload) Off Other People's Efforts.

We could have special subtopics like; Avoiding Tresspassing Charges, Stealth Camping, Gurillia Gardening, Professional Dumpster Diving
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Don't forget "Poaching Made Easy"
    Wilderness Survival:
    Surviving a temporary situation where you're lost in the wilderness

Alaska, The Madness! 1stimestar's Avatar
    Little cabin in the woods, middle of Alaska.

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    It's spring again!

These searches would be easier if we had a ROTTW section, possibly titled How To Live (freeload) Off Other People's Efforts.

We could have special subtopics like; Avoiding Tresspassing Charges, Stealth Camping, Gurillia Gardening, Professional Dumpster Diving
    Quote Originally Posted by pete lynch View Post
    Don't forget "Poaching Made Easy"
    Hahaha.

Yes, Alaska has computers, IRS, and Child Support Enforcement agencies.
    Why do I live in Alaska? Because I can.

Alaska, the Madness! Bloggity Stories of the North Country

"Building Codes, Alaskans don't need no stinking Building Codes." Sourdough

Yes, I have wifi in my outhouse!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Tell ya' what. I'll let you use some land for a few months, and you can practice clearing it while you get ready for the real thing out there in the wilderness. I'll even supply well water from a garden hose, firewood, and a Porta-John. There's plenty of game and fishing close by. Just leave the dogs, cats, squirrels, and ducks alone, and we'll get along just fine.
    That sounds a lot what I would do although I don't need my land cleared, just some more dead trees cut down, build a new cabin with a greenhouse and practice all kinds of survival. I also have a garden hose running out of a clean water spring and plenty of firewood. We might have to make a new outhouse.
    Plenty of game and even fishing but no dogs or cats etc. maybe a bear or mountain lion.

I am offering anyone who is interested in camping some or all this next summer, a good place to camp, work some, practice and Live survival and even help me build a cabin. I would also furnish plenty of beans and such if necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by zandercross13 View Post
    Is this a real offer? or is it just a comment? if it is real i would love to take you up on it because i could always use the practice
    My offer is Real.

I know of very few places that are better to practice and live survival than on and near my remote Wyoming mountain retreat. It is at 9,500 feet in elevation about a mile east of the Continental Divide.
    Like paradise in the summer and a winter paradise from Nov. to May.

So anyone just message or email me soon if interested in what I have offered. I have plenty of free camping spots also. Any questions just ask me. After June first I likely will be unavailable since I live up there from June to about Nov. every year since 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnman Mike View Post
    I know of very few places that are better to practice and live survival than on and near my remote Wyoming mountain retreat. It is at 9,500 feet in elevation about a mile east of the Continental Divide.
    You must be close to Laramie then.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnman Mike View Post

I am offering anyone who is interested in camping some or all this next summer, a good place to camp, work some, practice and Live survival and even help me build a cabin. I would also furnish plenty of beans and such if necessary.

My offer is Real.

So anyone just message or email me soon if interested in what I have offered. I have plenty of free camping spots also. Any questions just ask me. After June first I likely will be unavailable since I live up there from June to about Nov. every year since 1999.
    count me in!

http://thefemalesurvivalist.blogspot.com

In the end you find no one wins, and the race was only with yourself.

Alaska, The Madness! 1stimestar's Avatar
    Little cabin in the woods, middle of Alaska.

You know, we should do our own version of couchsurfing.com or org, I forget. Once I get my new cabin, I'm sure I could benefit from some labor in exchange for a spot on the couch and my excellent tour guide abilities.
    Last edited by 1stimestar; 03-29-2013 at 08:49 PM. Reason: typo
    Why do I live in Alaska? Because I can.

Alaska, the Madness! Bloggity Stories of the North Country

"Building Codes, Alaskans don't need no stinking Building Codes." Sourdough

Yes, I have wifi in my outhouse!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zandercross13 View Post
    Is this a real offer? or is it just a comment? if it is real i would love to take you up on it because i could always use the practice
    That was like 3 years ago. Sorry, I don't own that property anymore.
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

Wow time flys by dont it!!!
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

Blog Entries

Cool However....

However, Ken CAN use an "ambulance spotter!" .....
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

I have came across this thread and Jeff's other post a very times while doing my research over some period of time.
    I think it's messed up that people automatically start ridiculing someone because they want "freeload" off of someone else's land.
    First of all nothing is freeloading if you have to do a form of work to receive it. Secondly, I don't believe in land being owned and even if I did, why would it matter if someone is living off of remote land? Might as well put some use to it.

So to continue the question: Where would you recommend going to, in order to live off the land away from society without buying land (if you bought the land you would still be apart of society and paying taxes, therefore still being on the grid)

When I say this I don't mean so you can run back to civilization whenever you want. To go Live out in the wild. Like hundreds of miles out where no average person would find you.

Haven't heard back from jeffb....for a long time....so can't say how it worked out for him......????
    Seem you know him pretty well?

No I don't know him at all. It's just everytime I do my survival study searches and come across this site it would always be this post or his other one that is similar.

Well good luck with that....I do not agree....and wouldn't suggest a place even if I did.
    Some one shows up,.... and knocks on your door, ask if there is anyone around that has too much stuff that they aren't using,.... they don't need... you can just haul it off.

Sorry.

Because this is the kind of crap that gets left behind when freeloaders squat on someone else's land. This guy got 6 months for this mess. He should have been forced to clean it up. If you want remote try Siberia.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Secondly, I don't believe in land being owned and even if I did, why would it matter if someone is living off of remote land?
    If it is my land, I can assure you that it will not end well for the squatter.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by ForsakenRecluse View Post
    " ... Secondly, I don't believe in land being owned ...
    Well, you're not the first with that particular ideology. That's what Lenin and Stalin and Mao and Kim and Castro, etc., believed.

S.M.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to gain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

- Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790),U.S. statesman, scientist, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759