Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "BOOTS in the FIELD" AWARD will be announced with-in 90 days.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Klkak and Dogman live it everyday as well.
    I agree and that is why I gave a few more months for members to post essays. I just feel there is two things I would like to encourage: 1) members practicing the things they see here, and that is the most important thing by far, and 2) encourage more essays on what they learned and also what failed. I just feel it would make for more interesting content.

In my mind I've thought that posting something worthy of a sticky would be an honor. I would like to see one post chosen each month and put in its own section. More or less a "Best of Wilderness Survival Forums". A lot of good stuff gets buried in the archives.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Alaskan Survivalist, I looked at your friends blog, and you said he was a member here. Any chance you could encourage him to post some of his very interesting adventures here also......? The guy is an animal. (I'll delete this if you request)

I'll see what he says. I know I'm learning a lot from him. We are heading out thursday scouting an area and see what he says then. It will be a few days after that before I can get back to you.

Mac will be the winner,sez I

My 2 cents......
    I would like to see a newbie category, that has referenced something here (giving credit for it of course) and have success with it, be it building a BOB, making something, or even learning something new.

Lets face it, a lot of us know who builds the best/coolest knives, does tanning, knows plants, gardens, has been "Boots in the field" a lot, has a vast image library, has the coolest guns, takes good pic's, finds the weirdest stuff.... I think we all just want to pass along that information.......
    Cool idea, SD, though........

So, if some one gives you a penny for your thoughts, and you give your 2 cents worth......who get the extra penny?
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    So, if some one gives you a penny for your thoughts, and you give your 2 cents worth......who get the extra penny?

The Department of Internal Revenue...................

Quote Originally Posted by Sourdough View Post
    The Department of Internal Revenue...................
    LOL, Good one, I was wondering who would catch on first....wasn't disappointed.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mischief View Post
    Mac will be the winner,sez I
    Mac would be in the hunt, but a lot could happen in the next 75 days, AS friend could post some neat stuff, Dogman and Kevin live a life of adventure everyday. I want to encourage the writing of essays. I want to improve the quality of the content, so more will come, and it will get goooder and goooder.

I've been thinking alot about this, and what I could do to contribute more relative stuff. Honestly, I have posted very little useful stuff on here...I'm more into posting the cheap, obvious and/or off-color remark than I am posting "how-to tutorials". Also, unless I am specifically going out to take pictures of wildlife, I rarely have a camera on me.

However, I am trying to think of a way to keep a blog on here, about my everyday life that would add to the knowledge base of the site, document my lifestyle, skills and techniques, adventures and mis-adventures. It would be three-fold. First, it would be a letter to my young son- so, that if anything ever happened to me, there would be a record of what I was all about, and how I lived. Second, I'd like to try to tie the blog into my guiding operation so my clients could see alot of the skills and preps that happen before and after there trips. Lastly, I'm kind of competitive....so, the third reason would be so I could compete in the contest....maybe, I'll join in and go for it. Really it just depends on timing...
    The way of the canoe is the way of the wilderness and of a freedom almost forgotten- Sigurd Olson

Give me winter, give me dogs... you can keep the rest- Knud Rasmussen

Banned
    Blog Entries

Dogman, It is my dream that this will go on for ever and ever, year after year. I hope that starting next year (2011) we can have a "Boots in the Field" winner every quarter. With a overall "Boots in the field 2011 winner". So if you have other stuff on the front burner so be it. I just want this to be the greatest outdoors site period.

Quote Originally Posted by Sourdough View Post
    Dogman, It is my dream that this will go on for ever and ever, year after year. I hope that starting next year (2011) we can have a "Boots in the Field" winner every quarter. With a overall "Boots in the field 2011 winner". So if you have other stuff on the front burner so be it. I just want this to be the greatest outdoors site period.
    Agreed...I am just trying to justify the time expenditure to myself. Creating a "Body of work" to share with my son, and my clients, as well as my friends here definetly is worthwhile.
    The way of the canoe is the way of the wilderness and of a freedom almost forgotten- Sigurd Olson

Give me winter, give me dogs... you can keep the rest- Knud Rasmussen

Good luck with this contest, I hope it goes well.

Blog Entries

Thank the natural/supernatural-force-of your-choosing, I have a hunting/camping trip coming up.. And a crappy 5mpix camera... Even though I don't stand a chance here...
    Survival is not about surviving AGAINST the nature. It's about surviving WITH the nature.

You can't go in to nature, nature is not a place or an object. Nature just is. You are living it.

Banned

(Boots in the field)

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

(FMR) Wilderness Guide pgvoutdoors's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Being that I've been off line for the past few days, this is the first time I've come across this thread. I think this is a great idea and I'll be glad to help support it.
    "Just Get Out!"
    WildernessSkillsTrailhead.com

Good idea.

After the 2nd annual Jamboree, I want to nominate PGVoutdoors. He is guiding and teaching Boy Scouts. He knows his stuff and he likes to teach it to others. The outdoors has been life and his passion.

I know I'm brand new here and really don't have much to say, but I think this is a great idea and would be happy to put up a "Deluxe Survival Belt" from my site as a prize to be distributed as y'all see fit.