Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: Alone Season 2 on History Channel

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    Not a plug but an FYI as there are some of our members that are "over there, as well"....

Pict, (Mac/Dave) has a current:"Ask me anything" .....thread going on 'That other site..... that will not be named"
    is "over there" a bad thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Grizz123 View Post
    is "over there" a bad thing?
    Nope, didn't say that.........It is what it is.......

Been a member there for quite a while, as well as a few other forums.....
    But don't advertise for any of them.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Nope, didn't say that.........It is what it is.......

Been a member there for quite a while, as well as a few other forums.....
    But don't advertise for any of them.
    I like their site too.

OK, I'm game; what is 'that other site' being alluded? I'd actually love to read Dave's thread and get his insight. If you're uncomfortable posting it in the open forum them just PM me.

PM sent.......(Pict) Dave is/was a member here also, but hasn't posted for a while.....

PM sent.......(Pict) Dave is/was a member here also, but hasn't posted for a while.....

Much appreciated.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Yep, he's got a good Q&A thread going on over there. Has answered most of the questions asked here.

One extra question too. Someone asked him what his 11th item would have been, knowing what he does now.

His answer was a multi-tool of some kind with scissors for personal grooming.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    Yep, he's got a good Q&A thread going on over there. Has answered most of the questions asked here.

One extra question too. Someone asked him what his 11th item would have been, knowing what he does now.

His answer was a multi-tool of some kind with scissors for personal grooming.
    LOL...saw that....I suppose carrying a SAK counts as "an item" even though I carry one every day.....

And as a warning, if you are upset by being preached at you need to stay away from that thread "over there". Dave is a pastor and speaks his mind about what he "thought about" while on dead time in the woods.

His experience on Vancouver Island was an addition to his spiritual journey through life.
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 07-24-2016 at 01:15 PM.

And as a warning, if you are upset by being preached at you need to stay away from that thread "over there". Dave is a pastor and speaks his mind about what he "thought about" while on dead time in the woods.

His experience on Vancouver Island was an addition to his spiritual journey through life.
    Preached at? How did you come to that conclusion? People asked and he responded, thats NOT preaching

I didn't sense anything in the thread that would be described as preached "at", but there has seemingly been an awful lot of religious comments interjected into a thread about a reality TV show. Two things people should always approached with extreme caution; politics and religion. Far too many variations and differences attached to deep-seated opinions, and that almost invariably leads to some type of conflict. I personally don't care one way or another what anyone believes in either area - to each his own - but I'm not a really big fan of being taken along for the ride.

Preached at? How did you come to that conclusion? People asked and he responded, thats NOT preaching
    That was the way I saw it myself Grizz.

For some folks any mention of spiritual or religious belief is considered overwhelming and insulting. As soon as you mention it you get a caution. My comment was simply a warning to those that might object.

That is "over there", this is "over here" and we have two separate and different systems to operate within.

IIRC, one of the medical team was female and they get checked every week, weather permitting of course
    Oh.. that's interesting. I didn't know they got medical checks every week. I always wonder how they could be surprised by winning if the only "medical check" seen from last season was when Allen was proclaimed winner. It's also interesting in that they are not as isolated as the show indicates. Not that once a week is a normal amount of interaction, it's still more than being completely alone for 60 days... But I wouldn't hold that against them for sure. I do wonder how much the participants try to talk with the med team out of desperation though

Quote Originally Posted by NJHeart2Heart View Post
    Oh.. that's interesting. I didn't know they got medical checks every week. I always wonder how they could be surprised by winning if the only "medical check" seen from last season was when Allen was proclaimed winner. It's also interesting in that they are not as isolated as the show indicates. Not that once a week is a normal amount of interaction, it's still more than being completely alone for 60 days... But I wouldn't hold that against them for sure. I do wonder how much the participants try to talk with the med team out of desperation though
    The med team does not "sit and chat" with the contestants. It is a quick check for overall physical and mental health and is over by the time the camera crew picks up old filming and batteries and deposits new. Then they were gone. Very stoic and professional from what I could gather. No information passed about the outside world or other contestants.

And David has said that it was tough having them there but not allowed to interact with them at all and them just going about their business very quickly and leaving.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Okay....so someone send me a PM with the password and handshake please I have no idea where you guys are talking about and i would like to read Dave's thoughts. Thank you. I promise to try to not fall into the rabbit hole. I will only look down into it....really...no ...really...scouts Honor.....

PM sent........enjoy.

Thank you Hunter. I just got back from a 13 day Road trip Hunter. Rocky Mountain National Park, Teton National Park, Yellowstone NP (4 nights in the park) Mt. Rushmore. Saw Moose, a grizzly bear, a big black bear, couple of thousand buffaloes (Yeah I know..Bison...yeah right) Elk, Antelope, Blacktail deer, Eagles, Pelicans, Swans, Snow Geese and just a few people.......okay maybe like a kazillion people... 4800 miles on the Yukon. 5 adults and one 11 year old female. "And a good time was had by all"

Glad you had a good time...sound like a heck of a trip.........
    Been just plain"" Hot ""here....
    Did have Bufflar steaks last evening.......(local rancher....LOL)

Packing up for a Rondy 4, 5, 6, 7 Aug......
    Trying to figure out a A? for the lodge....LOL

The med team does not "sit and chat" with the contestants. It is a quick check for overall physical and mental health and is over by the time the camera crew picks up old filming and batteries and deposits new. Then they were gone. Very stoic and professional from what I could gather. No information passed about the outside world or other contestants.
    As it should be