Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pet hair

Default Pet hair

9885B349-F78C-4BB8-9D42-3BA7CE964F5A.jpg picked up one of these for the pet hair. Just sweep the hair over to it and poof, it sucks it up. The mrs. is happy and now I’m happy.

One more reason I don't own pets. Just sayin.....

Might make a difference on multiple levels to have a good buddy. Just sayin

I think dogs are the best of all Gods creations. They’re so loyal and loving. They greet you with a smile every morning. They’d give their life for you. I’d do the same for them. Are they as dirty as hogs? Yep.

I agree rebel. Cattle dogs go through a phase (sometimes two) when everybody calls them velociraptors. They tear everything and everybody's heels and hands to pieces. We stuck with it with Max and he's the best dog we've ever had. Oh yeah. They say they shed twice a year. 6 months in the winter and 6 months in the summer. Even my piano pedals are fur covered.

I had dogs for 60 years. Gonna try the next 60 without.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    One more reason I don't own pets. Just sayin.....
    The reason any pet we have, or will have, is basically an outside pet.

We had 2 lab/shepherd mixes. They have a specific shedding season: January 1 through December 31. Their hair is like bee stingers. It doesn't come out of carpet by vacuuming. You have to pluck each individual hair out with a pair of tweezers (theoretically-I never actually did that). They ruined 2 really nice throw rugs before we realized this.
    "The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play." Capt. James T. Kirk

The last dog we had was a Yorkie Poo. I guess that classifies as a dog. Smart as sin and as laid back as a Californian on drugs. They have hair and don't shed. That's why we got her. I'm not too certain that dog wasn't a cat. Nothing bothered her.

C99EFD9E-6123-41A6-9BF4-3AF19D598EA6.jpg

The shepherds are ours. Pet sitting for some friends for the pug and lab. All smiles
    Last edited by rebel; 01-08-2020 at 03:35 PM.

Good looking crew. Every time I see a pug I think of Frank of Men in Black singing I will Survive. Gotta love a dog with talent.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I clicked on this thinking someone had a good use for pet hair.
    One of my cats took all the dog classes. He fetches and follows me around like a dog. The other cat thinks he's an idiot.
    I think he qualifies in the size department as a dog too (1/2 Maine Coon.)
    Every spring we comb a couple cat's worth of hair out of him. We found if we put the fur bundles on the bird feeder the chickadees and finches take whole facefulls of it to line their nests, which strikes me as ironically comical. There's several generations of birds out there that think the smell of cat fur is home. LOL.
    Last edited by LowKey; 01-08-2020 at 08:48 PM.
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant

There are certain breeds (including wolves) that you can separate out the guard hairs and knit the fur.

https://www.akc.org/expert-advice/li...-with-dog-fur/
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I had dogs for 60 years. Gonna try the next 60 without.
    That gives you what? only 10 years to go?
    If by what I have learned over the years, allow me to help one person to start to prepare. If all the mistakes I have made, let me give one person the wisdom that allows them to save their life or the life of a loved one in an emergency. Then I will truly know that all the work I have done will have been worth every minute.

My daughter picked up a GP when she moved back from Arkansas to "take care of me" after my fiance passed. I had no idea she was picking this thing up, she "rescued" him from a horrible situation, he was physically and emotionally mistreated and very malnourished to the point he is never going to grow to his breed norm. BUT THE FUR.....This thing NEVER stops shedding, EVER. it slows down minimally. Despite endless sweeping, vacuuming and dust mopping, dusting every available surface daily, I still sweep another dogs worth of hair from every available surface in the house, under the couch, chair and recliner, under the desk, in the corners, on the damn walls even. And she never lifts a finger to clean any of it. GGGRRRR.
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Rick is mean.

When the boys were still at home probably in middle school or so, we took them to San Antonio. #1 wife had work related stuff to do so the boys and I took a walk from the hotel of over to "The Institute of Texan Cultures". As we were walking around looking at all the cultural stuff we happened upon a lady dressed in period clothing using a spinning wheel. We stopped and talked to her for a while and she showed the boys how to card the fibers and spin yarn for a blanket she was making. It was really soft and unique and I asked her what type of wool she was using. She pointed to a picture she had sitting out of a big white hairy dog....

I can only imagine how that blanket must smell if it ever gets wet...

Alan

Rick is absolutely correct.
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)