Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: chest conjestion

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Let it go, please.
    I don't get it ? This is supposed to be a forum for "DISCUSSION" and whenever there are opposing views, folks get upset about it. I am on other forums and folks don't seem to get upset when someone disagrees with them - its just another opinion on the matter and thats that. All I'm trying to do is express my opinion about something that makes no sense to me at all. I mean, its common knowlege that smoke can and will damage your lungs folks, come on ?
    Lamewolf
    Manu Forti
    Roadkill, its whats for supper !
    www.angelfire.com/electronic2/qrp

Lamewolf, this is obviously something that you feel strongly enough about to use skillful sarcasm to make your point and continue the discussion. You came across loud and strong with sarcasm and no actual information, view or logic to educate or discourage anyone form the use of the plant.

" I mean, its common knowlege that smoke can and will damage your lungs folks, come on ? "

Back to the discussion.

Lamewolf makes an excellent point in the prolonged and habitual inhalation of smoke can damage your lungs.

I've been channeling the intent of lame wolf.

Some folks prefer not to inhale smoke because of known and unknown effects it may have upon lung tissues. The effects of cigarette smoking and its negative effects are well documented and frightening. I encourage folks to rethink smoking any substance as a remedy for any illness.
    Karl

The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion the the effort he puts into whatever field of endeavor he chooses. Vincent T Lombardi

A wise man profits from the wisdom of others.

Quote Originally Posted by trapper#1 View Post
    Hi everyone. I'm new to the site, and I was wondering if anyone could recomend a poultice etc. for chest conjestion. Any help would be appreciated. I hope someone can help me.
    Consult the advice of a physician.
    Karl

The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion the the effort he puts into whatever field of endeavor he chooses. Vincent T Lombardi

This is the ad the shows up on the banner at the top of the page......
    http://www.nativeremedies.com/produc...Fc9AMgodUyoAGw

So tell me that these thread are not being watched?....at least by a advertising "bot"....
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

So you are out in the wilderness and you get some bad chest congestioin, and you have no OTC medications with you. It would make sense to me that all you could do would be to boil some water, and slowly breath in the steam, especially if it is winter time and the air is very dry. Maybe some white willow bark tea for fever if you have it. I wouldn't know what else to do but this should help.

Quote Originally Posted by gryffynklm View Post
    Lamewolf, this is obviously something that you feel strongly enough about to use skillful sarcasm to make your point and continue the discussion. You came across loud and strong with sarcasm and no actual information, view or logic to educate or discourage anyone form the use of the plant.

" I mean, its common knowlege that smoke can and will damage your lungs folks, come on ? "

Back to the discussion.

Lamewolf makes an excellent point in the prolonged and habitual inhalation of smoke can damage your lungs.

I've been channeling the intent of lame wolf.

Some folks prefer not to inhale smoke because of known and unknown effects it may have upon lung tissues. The effects of cigarette smoking and its negative effects are well documented and frightening. I encourage folks to rethink smoking any substance as a remedy for any illness.
    Thank you - I think ? <grin> But no, didn't mean to be sarcastic in any way shape or form. I used to be a heavy smoker and I know what smoking can do to your lungs as I was heading downhill quick from it and finally quit cold turkey on July 4th 1980 and it has turned my life around. Yes, I do feel very strongly about it as I don't want to see anyone make the mistake of doing needless damage to themselves - even those that do not agree with me ! I have lost both friends and family to things like infazema, copd, lung cancer etc etc and its not a pretty sight to see. So take my word for it - I care enough to discourage it !
    Lamewolf
    Manu Forti

So the concensus is that smoking a big ole nasty White Owl cigar would not help with congestion

Quote Originally Posted by Wildthang View Post
    So the concensus is that smoking a big ole nasty White Owl cigar would not help with congestion
    Makes my eyes water and my throat to get all choked up just thinking about cigar smoke - WHEW !
    Lamewolf
    Manu Forti

Congratulations Lamewolf!!!

Post 26# says it all.
    Karl

Quote Originally Posted by gryffynklm View Post
    Congratulations Lamewolf!!!

Post 26# says it all.
    Plus 1.........
    Presentation, presentation, presentation......

We don't discourage discussion but you came off a little heavy handed. We do try to avoid situations where discussions escalate to flaming and it appeared to me to be heading that way. Apparently, I misread your intent. Discuss away.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Coltsfoot grows all over the place here. You can make a tonic out of it or even smoke it.

In Michigan we now have legal medical marijuana perhaps that can help with congestion.
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

Colts foot is just coming up out here.
    Karl

Just to give you guys an idea of how much I am against smoking of any kind. A few years ago I lost a good friend to lung cancer. He was a heavy smoker and started having problems with "chest congestion" and difficulty breathing. He went to the doctor and was told he had asthma, was given a prescrition for an inhaler, was told to quit smoking and sent home. His condition went downhill from there and then went to another doctor for a second opinion and was diagnosed with lung cancer. One evening about a month later he was having severe difficulty breathing and had his wife take him to the ER and was admitted to the hospital for over night observation with a stabilized condition and feeling a little better, told his wife to go home and get some rest. When his wife got home, she got a phone call to return to the hospital as he had passed away shortly after she left. The nurse had went into his room to take some blood samples and found him covered in blood around his mouth and nose and not breathing. The reports showed that an artery that was weakend by the cancer had ruptured and he basically drowned in his own blood. I know this description is graphic, but now you know why I come on so strong about it - I don't want to see or hear about this happening again if I can help it !
    Lamewolf
    Manu Forti

My buddy Clarence was a lifelong smoker. We canoed and kayaked most of the major rivers in Labrador and northern Quebec during the 1980’s. It was heart wrenching to hear him trying to catch his breath in his later years. It was even harder to make him see a doctor. He finally went when he lost his sight. The cancer traveled from his lungs to his brain and took out his optic nerve. He passed away shortly after, last December. I honor his journey, my only regrets are that he left his wife and children far too early.
    No coltsfoot here yet. The snow is just starting to fall and the weather man is calling for 18 inches and 60 mph winds.

trapper#1

In response to Hunter63. I was looking for a natural remedy. Attitude or what!

Coltsfoot is used in commercial cough syrups and teas.
    Karl

Quote Originally Posted by trapper#1 View Post
    In response to Hunter63. I was looking for a natural remedy. Attitude or what!
    Sorry you feel like that, but details were pretty slim....I call them as I see them.
    Have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by ClayPick View Post
    My buddy Clarence was a lifelong smoker. We canoed and kayaked most of the major rivers in Labrador and northern Quebec during the 1980’s. It was heart wrenching to hear him trying to catch his breath in his later years. It was even harder to make him see a doctor. He finally went when he lost his sight. The cancer traveled from his lungs to his brain and took out his optic nerve. He passed away shortly after, last December. I honor his journey, my only regrets are that he left his wife and children far too early.
    No coltsfoot here yet. The snow is just starting to fall and the weather man is calling for 18 inches and 60 mph winds.
    The graphic description earlier is not the only friend I lost to lung cancer. In 1996 I lost another one to lung cancer and only lasted 13 weeks after being diagnosed. It had moved to his brain, stomach, and into his spine and he lost 60 pounds of his 150 pounds before he passed. I've lost an uncle to cancer, 3 uncles to infazema, and a cousin at 68 years young to COPD that was a beautiful woman, an aunt to throat cancer, and now my mother in law has COPD with only 10% lung function left. Its not easy seeing folks you care about drop like flies !
    Lamewolf
    Manu Forti