Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: a bit about ole wareagle

Blog Entries

I agree, Frank. And now, it's time for a snack!
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

Quote Originally Posted by FVR View Post
    The low body fat people will burn out their fat reserves and muscle failure will start much sooner than the slightly overweight person who may not be able to run as fast or lift as much, but who can finish.

These are just my observations.
    Be that as it may, it's interesting to note that those who survived the longest being buried in Haiti weren't chubby people going in (documented) and yet their "lean" reserves lasted and saw them through for as long as 10 days with no water.

As an overweight person one might have fat reserves for WSHTF but they are also running the risk of getting heart disease, stroke, cancer and other inconvenient stuff. Not a great trade-off in my book.
    But that's JMPO and nothing more.

So what was the point of this whole thread?
    Bigger is better? Fatter has more reserve? In shape runs farther? Out of shape shoots better?

Seems that everyone is how they are, bigger might be better, but I don't think I'm gonna change my size any time soon.
    I'm pretty happy with how I am, and I sure that WE is happy with who he is, as well as all of us kinda has to deal with what we got dealt with.

It's what you do with, what you have that counts.

Scenario, you in position, 3 guys are coming to take your stuff, one big guy, and two others, who do you take out first?
    Just sayin' ( self absolving statement, or SAS)
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    Bigger is better? Fatter has more reserve? In shape runs farther? Out of shape shoots better?

Seems that everyone is how they are, bigger might be better, but I don't think I'm gonna change my size any time soon.
    I'm pretty happy with how I am, and I sure that WE is happy with who he is, as well as all of us kinda has to deal with what we got dealt with.

It's what you do with, what you have that counts.

Scenario, you in position, 3 guys are coming to take your stuff, one big guy, and two others, who do you take out first?

Just sayin' ( self absolving statement, or SAS)
    Just make sure you don't have a heart attack and try to maintain your health.

Blog Entries

You mean there are fat people in Haiti?

Yep - tourists.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Blog Entries

You know, maybe the buried alive survivors were the fat ones at first.

As I watch BBQ wars. Ahhh....now I have to wipe down the keyboard. Again!

Banned

Eat right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierarcher View Post
    Eat right, Exercise, Die Anyway.
    That's true.
    And if some people prefer to go sooner than later who am I to deny them that pleasure?

I never meant to imply that overweight people were the "Ideal" in a survival situation. What I was talking about was the different metabolisms. I think someone who has to watch what they eat,would have a better chance than someone who can go clean out the local buffet every night and never gain an ounce.
    You may even have helped with that assumption of mine Bennesse. Haitians probably don't eat as well as we Americans, yet they were able to survive that long with no food or "reserves". I just think that those that are used to getting along with less will have a better chance in the long run.

Oh and to answer the question hunter63 posed about the three guys. It would depend, which one is the leader?If it's the big guy. Him. If it's one of the smaller guys then him, followed by the big guy. Taking out the leader first has some shock value that can buy you time. It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog, that's important. Leaders usually have more "fight" in them,cooler heads,and are more dangerous in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    wait a sec, theres suppose to be points to these threads? boy kens reason for being here is gone, i don't think he's ever made a point, but i digress.
    the reason i started this thread was to shplain myself to some here about my obsession with food, ie learning wild edibles, trapping and storing food
    Last edited by Rick; 03-01-2010 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Fixed quote tags
    always be prepared-prepare all ways
    http://wareaglesurvival.blogspot.com