Page 75 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 1860

Thread: what did you do this week to prepare

We bought one (may not be Ziplock) but that dang thing didn't suck. So it sucked cause it didn't suck. It couldn't form a seal on the bag for some reason. I was quite surprised that it could actually fly for a short distance......once.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

There is one trick that I've learned - if what I am storing has a lot of liquid then I will toss them in the freezer for a bit to solidify the liquids. That pump will not work with a high liquid content in the bag.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Hmmmm. May have to glue some parts back on and try it again. Thanks!!
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Went camping with my Boy Scout Troop This weekend worked on of all things Wilderness Survival. All in All every thing went ok

Nice thread
    Purchased 50 more rounds for my .40 S&w. Got a gerber sharpner for my mora clipper and attached it to my gobspark armagedon firesteel lanyard. Also found a army book on edible plants.
    Plus was able to find some allergy friendly snacks for my girlfriend's pack at a local rei. Also my local grocery store had sales going on for protein bars and enrgy bars for less than a dollar.

Its Cyclone season over here in the north of Australia , Where I am hasnt been hit yet, but we will soon enough. So all Ive done was check my Cyclone Kit thats always stocked . first aid kit , gas for the cooker , stored food is all good and got plenty of water stored away ,as its the tropics and get very warm up here. All my Survival gear is good to go . I got a small pack I can throw on if I have to leave in a hurry , that has pretty much everthing for me to live on .

Banned

Took the LSAT. Boom.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

I hope you did well.

I will never forget taking the LSAT. I had two herniated disks, the flu and no pain medication.

This week I bought and broke in a new shooter, repaired an old shooter and refinished some furnature to spruce up the retreat.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Added a couple of Hurricaine lamps, 50 ft of 550 Paracord, and a solar/crank lantern.

Bought some more 5 gallon buckets with Gama Seal lids. Now I'm thinkin 2 years worth of food would be better!

How on earth will you store and rotate 2 years worth of food? I have no place (or desire) to store 1 year's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    How on earth will you store and rotate 2 years worth of food? I have no place (or desire) to store 1 year's worth.
    Some food lasts up to 20 years when stored properly Rick, and I have lots of room. I only rotate foods that last 2 years or less, and by the way. A couple of months after SHTF I will call you to see how your doing!

Once you get a years worth of food assembled let us know what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Once you get a years worth of food assembled let us know what you think.
    Already have that and working on 2!

Banned

**** gonna hit the fan big time.

Reloaded another lot of 12g cartridges. The girlfriend bought me a maxpedition pack thing as I’m working on an EDC kit.

Wow, you guys have two years of food put away!

Not me. About 6 months for the whole family. I'd have to buy another house or 2 for two years worth of food.

I scouted a new trout stream for good looking holes.

I learned to remove and preserve beaver castor for bait.

I tried raw deer heart and t-loin to see how it was and see how my gut handled it.

I taught the figure 4 trap as well as the greased string dead fall.

I soaked a hide in preps for brain tanning it.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Thanks,
    Tres
    Website has been updated for 2012!! http://wildernessmeans.com/

NOTE: I'm a machinist, gunsmith, writer, and instructor of many outdoor topics looking for gainful employment in any geographical cool place to live. Resumes posted on website.

John 14:6
    Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

Quote Originally Posted by TresMon View Post
    I tried raw deer heart and t-loin to see how it was and see how my gut handled it.
    So, how did that go?

I actually REALLY liked raw deer heart (once washed and cooled.) It was like really good sushi, and I love sushi. The raw t-loin was okay. It was not gross or bad tasting. Nor was it good tasting. It was just middle of the road. Perfectly palatable but not finger lick'n.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Thanks,
    Tres
    Website has been updated for 2012!! http://wildernessmeans.com/

NOTE: I'm a machinist, gunsmith, writer, and instructor of many outdoor topics looking for gainful employment in any geographical cool place to live. Resumes posted on website.

John 14:6
    Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."