Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: For the "Newbies".

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 2dumb2kwit View Post
    Dang it, Justin! You're the one that brought out a post that is over 2 years old! I try to look for that, when newbies post stuff, but I didn't think I had to check behind you. Guess I was wrong!
    (Have I shifted the blame off of me, and on to him, well enough yet?) LOL
    Well,, Since I have been here such a short time, I just seen it for the first time How long have YOU been here ?

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Case View Post
    Well,, Since I have been here such a short time, I just seen it for the first time How long have YOU been here ?
    Oh, sure....try to use reason and logic, now! Where was all that, when you brought up a 2 year old conversation, and joined in like it was todays??? LOL
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

Quote Originally Posted by 2dumb2kwit View Post
    Oh, sure....try to use reason and logic, now! Where was all that, when you brought up a 2 year old conversation, and joined in like it was todays??? LOL
    Takes that long for some to come up with a good come back....I know it does me sometimes.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Quote Originally Posted by MPI website
    Finding direction with a watch and the sun
    Watch the sunThis method is pretty accurate to within 10° -- plus or minus 5°. It will give you some other method to help you determine an approximate direction in the outdoors without a compass.

* Take your analog watch (one with hands) not a digital, and reset the time to Greenwich Mean Time, that is Eastern Standard Time plus 5 hours. (NOTE: determine the number of hours difference from GMT in your area before using this method.)
    * Place your watch on a flat surface, preferably on the ground. Have a small stick ready to stick into the ground. (see illustration to right)
    * In the Northern Hemisphere (this is the US and Canada) point the hour hand of your watch directly at the sun. SOUTH is now halfway between the hour hand and the 12. Place the stick in the intersection of these points, now you have a marker.
    * In the Southern Hemisphere (for those of you happen to find yourselves south of the equator) point the number 12 at the sun and NORTH will be approximately half way between the 12 and the hour hand.
    Why would you set your watch to GMT? That would screw the whole technique up. It doesn't matter what time it is in England, rather what time it is where you are now. The techniques only adjustment that you may need to make is if you are currently on "daylight savings" time (which starts next week by the way) in which you would need to make an adjustment of 1 hour.
    Last edited by lucznik; 03-08-2010 at 12:05 AM.