Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Alone Season 4 or should i say Not So Alone ;) Season 4

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Zachary Fowler View Post
    Just finished my review of episode 2 if anyone is interested

https://youtu.be/ENRfTbi3ZEk?list=PL...ot6QN1_VBlcMP1
    Come on Zach, a 15 minute review of a one hour show????

I can not even stomach 10 minutes of the real show!

As far as I am concerned the producers have gone bat s%!t crazy for this season.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

I love the premise of the show and actually, all shows showing survival in extreme conditions. Except naked and afraid. Not a fan as I find it that the producers want to place teams in adverse conditions. Bug infested jungles, desert islands with no water, that kind of thing. Also seems funny that on day 20 or 21 they happen to luck into some kind of protein laden snake, possum, nutria whatevers for their first real meal.

My favorite shows are the Alone series, Life below Zero, Last Alaskans, Yukon Man and perhaps Alaskan Bush People (not a fav, but entertaining). The named shows feature extreme conditions but with sensible survival equipment.

I am rooting for the married couple on this seasons Alone. She has already built an awesome shelter in anticipation of her husband showing up. There are no more "tighter" teams than a married couple. That is why they get my vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachary Fowler View Post
    Waw tough crowd its not that bad in fact i like it. Jami and i watched hears our reaction Video Link>>>https://youtu.be/z2KlrhrtgSQ?list=PL...ot6QN1_VBlcMP1 I think it has potential to be very interesting and if they can just find each other without getting eaten. What a miserable hike they have to make. Of course I said that to EJ Of naked and afraid when I saw him last week At the blade show And he just laughed at me And said "At least they don't have to do it naked"
    What is the "payout" for finishing 21 days on Naked and Afraid? The show never mentions anything. But who in the hell in their right mind would subject themselves to 21 days of extreme skeeter infestation without any incentive? What, tell me that the PSR being increased from 6.8 to 8.2 is a "reward" for that? BFD on the PSR.

So far this season sucks. If they have gps tracking, they could at least show the progress of the hiking member.
    A man full of grits is a man full of peace.

Quote Originally Posted by chiggersngrits View Post
    So far this season sucks. If they have gps tracking, they could at least show the progress of the hiking member.
    They kind of do. If you look at the beginning of when they are featuring a pair, their avatars get closer and closer. Not scientific at all with it and that would be nice.

I was glad to see the first team that matched up finally after 7 days I think. I can see what you are saying @chiggersngrits , not enough of living in the wild versus extractions of wounded participants. The third episode and the show seemed to concentrate on those that were wounded or chose to tap out.

It will be interesting, cause you get group dynamics, and you get really ratty with eachother.. having a decent partner will help but yeah you kinda will get on each others nerves.
    I would take my best friend whom has done a lot of survival outings with me, we know eachother well and can let eachothers breakdowns slide off eachother and cheer eachother up, and best of all I would not need to baby sit him or him I.. we would just split up tasks and get it done.
    My youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ultsmackdown Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/antonyraison/

(BOSWA) ELITE SURVIVAL RANGER - BSR/16/05

Interesting that the three tap outs have come from those that were stationary and not hiking through the rough terrain. For the two that were injured.....was it from carelessness? For the young man that tapped, it seemed to me that it was more of his Dad's dream than his.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Were they paying more attention to their camera gear or getting a good view on the selfie stick than where they were putting their feet or how they were using their tools?

I have said a few times that all of the injuries seem to be captured on film (talking about all of the seasons of the show). I believe being distracted from the activity you are performing (hiking, splitting wood, etc.) by filming can and probably does/did cause enough distraction for the injury to occur.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Given how quickly some people remark how hard it is. I have wondered if any of the injuries have been intentional or staged just to have an out. I wondered the same thing when a lost item caused a tap.

...still remember the guy from s1 whining about losing his firestarter and how he can't make it without his firestarter, and behind him in camera frame his fire is burning away.
    The pessimist complains about the wind;
    The optimist expects it to change;
    The realist adjusts the sails.

- William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingTree View Post
    ...still remember the guy from s1 whining about losing his firestarter and how he can't make it without his firestarter, and behind him in camera frame his fire is burning away.
    yeah I recall that guy, shame I kinda get why he left... i think they struggled with fire in the first few days everyone did, everything wet.
    He did have a fire then I think he misplaced it and couldn't find it?
    Felt bad for him but yeah I guess I get his point , very hard to get a bow drill etc.
    here is a video explaining himself
    My youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ultsmackdown Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/antonyraison/

(BOSWA) ELITE SURVIVAL RANGER - BSR/16/05

I just felt that since he had a fire, he coulda tried to keep it going...might not have been able to keep it forever, but tap when the fire is gone instead of as soon as the firestarter went missing. But he is right though - there's a lot we don't see on t.v. while doing armchair judging.

- William Arthur Ward

Armchair judging is why they make the show, otherwise broadcasting it would be useless.

by the end of the 5th day 3 teams had tagged out it took till the 9th day for the first team to reconnect

I would like to participate in Alone, but so do 7,500 other people! It pisses me off that the producers chose YouTubers with not enough outdoor experience. The fact that this people have had accidents so early in the challenge says a lot. Being careful in the wilderness is not something you learn in a day or two. Even the sustenance hunter had a stupid accident. They need to chose people with remote, self supported outdoor expeditions under their belts, like the Baird brothers. My girlfriend keeps reminding me that it's just survival entertainment. Rant off.
    http://SurvivalSkills.Guide for Long Term Wilderness Survival

Here's a thought for anybody that wants to participate in Alone but didn't get chosen by the producers......

Strap on a back pack and head on out. Simple. Problem solved.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I've done that, but with a canoe, rations, and my girlfriend. There was no half million dollars and opportunity to boost a career in the field though. Maybe next year I'll go with an INCH bag and spend 2-3 months. I would make a video I think.
    Last edited by jpqs; 07-05-2017 at 12:19 PM.
    http://SurvivalSkills.Guide for Long Term Wilderness Survival

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Here's a thought for anybody that wants to participate in Alone but didn't get chosen by the producers......

Strap on a back pack and head on out. Simple. Problem solved.
    And it's better...cause you're not carrying around cameras and talking into them.

- William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingTree View Post
    And it's better...cause you're not carrying around cameras and talking into them.
    But remember...Pic's or it didn't happen.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27