Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Honey

I see that title and I just want to say, "Yes, dear." but I won't.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

My favorite use of honey is to ferment it into mead! Maybe not survival oriented, but really tasty and relieves aches, pains, and stress. Do not over-use, it can cause some of the most THUNDEROUS hangovers.
    I get this divine nectar regularly at medieval events, it once incapacitated half our group's leadership for a whole day. Me included. Oops!

Default Trap bait

It works great for baiting triggers on deadfalls. Most critters find it irresistable.
    You keep what you kill!

The vaddhas (indigenous tribe) of Sri Lanka used honey as a preservetive. They packed their dired and half dried meat in it using a wooden vessel or even hole in a tree and then sealed with mud.
    Garlic placed in a jar of honey and left to stand for about a month and then taken (orally) is a local remedy for cutting down cholosterol.
    Walk softly upon the earth!

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I see that title and I just want to say, "Yes, dear." but I won't.

LOL sorry I haven't been on in a while to see that but it was funny. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    The vaddhas (indigenous tribe) of Sri Lanka used honey as a preservetive. They packed their dired and half dried meat in it using a wooden vessel or even hole in a tree and then sealed with mud.
    Garlic placed in a jar of honey and left to stand for about a month and then taken (orally) is a local remedy for cutting down cholosterol.

That I did not know. Do you know how much to take? And how much garlic in how much honey? How long do you take it? That is very interesting! David will have to try that.

Quote Originally Posted by rebel_chick View Post
    That I did not know. Do you know how much to take? And how much garlic in how much honey? How long do you take it? That is very interesting! David will have to try that.

I don't know about that particular remedy, but you can add a couple of cloves of fresh garlic to your daily diet and it will help lower your count. It will also stabilize high or low blood sugar. It thins the blood, so if you have issues with that, I would be careful but that is a huge benefit for those susceptible to heart disease/attacks.

You can use honey for arthritic pain, dilute two cups in a gallon of water, add a cup of lemon juice, warm and apply to the afflicted join. The mixture won't go bad so you can store it for a while and use as needed.

It's also good for muscle cramps (charlie horses). You can drink a mixture of two tablespoons of honey, one of apple cider vinegar in a cup of water for breakfast and it will help to keep the muscles calmer.

Hmm. I uhh could go on for like another gazillion pages, so I'll just stop here before I get carried away.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayden
    you can add a couple of cloves of fresh garlic to your daily diet and it will help lower your count.
    As well as your dates......just sayin'
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

If you take 2 tblsp. of honey before going out drinking, you won't have a hangover the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorna View Post
    If you take 2 tblsp. of honey before going out drinking, you won't have a hangover the next morning.
    Now I gotta check that out! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Jayden Tor View Post
    I don't know about that particular remedy, but you can add a couple of cloves of fresh garlic to your daily diet and it will help lower your count. It will also stabilize high or low blood sugar. It thins the blood, so if you have issues with that, I would be careful but that is a huge benefit for those susceptible to heart disease/attacks.

You can use honey for arthritic pain, dilute two cups in a gallon of water, add a cup of lemon juice, warm and apply to the afflicted join. The mixture won't go bad so you can store it for a while and use as needed.

It's also good for muscle cramps (charlie horses). You can drink a mixture of two tablespoons of honey, one of apple cider vinegar in a cup of water for breakfast and it will help to keep the muscles calmer.

Hmm. I uhh could go on for like another gazillion pages, so I'll just stop here before I get carried away.

Hey, thanks a lot, I didn't think you were rambling! I would love to know more. This just keeps getting more and more interesting.

I don't know about that one. The hangover is caused by dehydration. I HAVE found that a sure fire cure for hang overs is to not go out drinking the night before.

Quote Originally Posted by rebel_chick View Post
    Hey, thanks a lot, I didn't think you were rambling! I would love to know more. This just keeps getting more and more interesting.
    Thanks. My grandmother is like a goddess with remedies, herbal and otherwise, I sorta picked up the knack from her. I've been collecting stuff like this for years and use them all the time.

I can't take credit for the honey stuff, however, I discovered a really awesome website a while ago called Sweet as Honey. A lot of it is using honey in conjunction with other things, but they are all pearls of wisdom, I think. And so many uses! I mean, kidney stones and liver problems and yep, hangovers are listed on the site.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I don't know about that one. The hangover is caused by dehydration. I HAVE found that a sure fire cure for hang overs is to not go out drinking the night before.

That is the best solution I have found. However, I still forget and get carried away.

Now the worst part about that lesson learned is that I had the drinking/hangover problem and curbed it before I even turned 21!

Quote Originally Posted by Jayden Tor View Post
    Thanks. My grandmother is like a goddess with remedies, herbal and otherwise, I sorta picked up the knack from her. I've been collecting stuff like this for years and use them all the time.

I can't take credit for the honey stuff, however, I discovered a really awesome website a while ago called Sweet as Honey. A lot of it is using honey in conjunction with other things, but they are all pearls of wisdom, I think. And so many uses! I mean, kidney stones and liver problems and yep, hangovers are listed on the site.
    Thanks, I will sure check that out. I appreciate all the info.
    Now, can you cure laziness? I hate the heat and I have not done a damn thing all summer!

Just think cool thoughts.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I try! It doesn't work. I had to bathe my akita yesterday and brush all the mats out from his under coat and it dang near killed me. I am in such a dust bowl and it is 10 degrees hotter than what I am used to and that make a heck of a difference. I didn't think it would when we moved here.

That's a dog, right?

LOL yes. he is not a typical akita, he has a long coat and his ears never did stand up all the way. I have seen someone with an avitar of a typical akita, they are beautiful dogs! Here is my guy. Before pics anyway. Didn't download the after pics.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Haha, not that this has anything to do with honey but its my thread anyway. Can you hijack your own thread?

Nice pic. Is he greeting a friend?