Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cast iron fryer

Default cast iron fryer

I can't find it, on their web site, but in the Bass Pro Shop's sale paper, they are going to have on sale, May 30th only, a "Brinkman, 8 quart cast iron fry pot and basket". In the picture, it looks to me like a dutch oven, with an aluminum basket with it, for frying. It has a rimmed, flat lid, and a handle.(No legs.)

Anyway, next Sunday they will be on sale, for $19.94 each.

The same day, they are also going to have smokers for $29.94
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Thanks, Rick.
    A few pages further in, is a "aluminum fish fryer" for $29.94. That's about as cheap as I have ever seen an outdoor, stand alone propane burner, let alone an aluminum pot, and basket, with it.

I may have to make a run to BPS, next Sunday!
    Writer of wrongs.
    "Stop Global Whining"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 2dumb2kwit View Post
    Thanks, Rick.
    A few pages further in, is a "aluminum fish fryer" for $29.94. That's about as cheap as I have ever seen an outdoor, stand alone propane burner, let alone an aluminum pot, and basket, with it.

Just keep on runnin' till you get here and we will go out on the River and catch a few 10-20lb Stripers to test that fish fryer,,
    Last edited by Justin Case; 05-16-2010 at 09:51 AM.

Blog Entries

Thanks, Rick.

Just make sure you buy 3 of everything so you can send 2 to the Quality Control Department for inspection and review.
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Just make sure you buy 3 of everything so you can send 2 to the Quality Control Department for inspection and review.
    I'll send y'all some of the rice, that I fry in them.

(Hahaha...fried rice......I crack myself up!)
    Writer of wrongs.
    "Stop Global Whining"

I'll send y'all some of the rice, that I fry in them.

(Hahaha...fried rice......I crack myself up!)

....and y'all know how well I cook!
    (But, I'm learnin'!) LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4222...eature=related
    Writer of wrongs.
    "Stop Global Whining"

2D - Before you buy that skillet you need to measure it first. Just hold it up to your head and see if it's bigger or smaller than your skull. You're wife will be sure to do that when you bring it home. Size matters to a woman. They don't want too small a skillet to clobber you with.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    2D - Before you buy that skillet you need to measure it first. Just hold it up to your head and see if it's bigger or smaller than your skull. You're wife will be sure to do that when you bring it home. Size matters to a woman. They don't want too small a skillet to clobber you with.
    Don't worry. If it's in the kitchen, but not near the microwave, or the ice cream, she'll never see it. LOL
    Writer of wrongs.
    "Stop Global Whining"

Dear Mrs. 2D...Please check the above post.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Uh, oh, Mr. 2d is in big trouble now
    .45 ACP Because shooting twice is silly... The avatar says it all,.45 because there isn't a.46

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTs6a...eature=related

Yeah, the next thing you know he'll be getting rid of the extra milk and bread.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Yeah, the next thing you know he'll be getting rid of the extra milk and bread.
    *Snort, Snicker*
    Writer of wrongs.
    "Stop Global Whining"

Hey 2D - you could always turn it upside down. I hear that helmets can come in handy sometimes.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Hey 2D - you could always turn it upside down. I hear that helmets can come in handy sometimes.
    Does cast iron work as good as tin-foil???

Ya know....it does come with a chin strap.
    Writer of wrongs.
    "Stop Global Whining"

I've had it, with Bass Pro Shops!

I went there this morning, to get a couple things that they had on sale. One of the things has been on sale all week, so of course they were out of those. So I start looking for the "cast iron fryers" that were only on sale today. While I was looking, a guy that works there, asked if I needed any help. I told him what I was looking for, and he laughed at me. He said that they were all gone. I said something about thinking that they were only on sale today, and the store hadn't been open for an hour, yet. He laughed again, and said Yeah, those things were gone within 5 minutes of the store opening.

I got to thinking about it....there wasn't an empty table, or empty shelf anywhere, so they must not have had but a few of these things, to start with. Then I started to remember that there has been at least one other time, that I have gone there for something that they have advertised on sale, only to find out that they are "out of that".

I'm not real smart, but I'm starting to see a pattern, here. I think I will spend my money elsewhere.
    Writer of wrongs.
    "Stop Global Whining"

Hey, if you REALLY want that stuff, then send a very nice letter to Bass Pro and tell them you really wanted those items and ask if there is some way Bass Pro can make them available for you. Write to:

Jim Hagale
    President and COO Bass Pro Outdoors Online
    2500 East Kearney
    Springfield, Missouri 65898

I'll bet you get a response.

I've had it, with Bass Pro Shops!

I went there this morning, to get a couple things that they had on sale. One of the things has been on sale all week, so of course they were out of those. So I start looking for the "cast iron fryers" that were only on sale today. While I was looking, a guy that works there, asked if I needed any help. I told him what I was looking for, and he laughed at me. He said that they were all gone. I said something about thinking that they were only on sale today, and the store hadn't been open for an hour, yet. He laughed again, and said Yeah, those things were gone within 5 minutes of the store opening.

I got to thinking about it....there wasn't an empty table, or empty shelf anywhere, so they must not have had but a few of these things, to start with. Then I started to remember that there has been at least one other time, that I have gone there for something that they have advertised on sale, only to find out that they are "out of that".

I'm not real smart, but I'm starting to see a pattern, here. I think I will spend my money elsewhere.
    Is their sale "in stock item's only" or do they offer rainchecks?
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Bait tactic. All the big box stores do it. Talk to the manager, sometimes they will sell the item for the sale price when they get more in.

Quote Originally Posted by nell67 View Post
    Is their sale "in stock item's only" or do they offer rainchecks?
    Oh, they have that covered on their sale paper.

Limited quantities!
    While supplies last!
    No rain checks!
    Writer of wrongs.
    "Stop Global Whining"