Thread: bush medicine

Default bush medicine

I just got to spend all day with two traditional Indian medicine people while they did a presentation on the different plants they use for dealing with different ailments. We went over about 16 different things and they brought samples and showed them around and talked about how they help people and what their focus is, etc. It was great!
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Cool,Any you care to share??
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

spending several decated in the bush i realize that one needs the propper training in traditional medizine.
    a good first aid course is the strating point (i take one very two years just to refresh).
    read up on pharmacy to learn what you need and bring it along
    (basic is pain killers, muscle relaxer, flue and alergy med, indigestion...)
    i'm lucky one of my girls is a EMT, one a herbalist.

what tribe? did you score some one on one time i go to allot of the different reserves and reservations looking for opportunities to learn from people still living traditinal ways.glad you had the op..

non-senior senior member Assassin Pilot's Avatar

Are these Indians (from India) or Indians (from Americas)? I know both have some interesting medicines so I just wanna make sure I know which one you are talking about. Judging by you being in the Americas, I'd guess you are talking about your local kind.

Anyways, I would be glad to hear about the medicines you thought were most interesting / helpful.
    "He who throws dirt is losing ground"

The husband is Ojibway (Anishinabe) and the wife is Cree (Ininew) and nothing I'm going to post here, in respect for their traditions. I know a few traditional medicine people back home. Their perspective is pretty different from what people are generally accustomed to, more holistic and then some. The presentation wasn't really about things like first aid, more about traditional pharmacology.
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

im glad you had a fun time

well thanks hillbilly, yeah it was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by trax View Post
    well thanks hillbilly, yeah it was fun.
    so witch plants did you learn abt and what was the most fun thing?

Read post #6, I'm not posting what they taught on the Internet out of respect for their traditions.

Quote Originally Posted by trax View Post
    Read post #6, I'm not posting what they taught on the Internet out of respect for their traditions.

oh thats still kool

a good brew is good medicine in my humble oppinion