Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WTH did that thing go?

Quote Originally Posted by Wildthang View Post
    I hate those little C-clip type keepers that fly 30 feet when you pry them off with a screwdriver! I call the jesus clips, probably don't need to explain why I call them that........LOL
    Now I call those E clips because they are always getting totally eclipsed by something .

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I don't know about that. I can sit at my desk and drop a hearing aid battery and it just disappears somewhere between the top of the desk and hitting the carpet. There is a space/time continuum thingy about 2 feet off the ground. They eventually reappear but someplace else in the room. I must pass through that space/time thingy on occasion because I'll sometimes find myself in a room and have no idea what I went in there for.
    Didn't Einstein have a theory on that? Theory of loseativity.............maybe???
    Sir Knife Collectin, Rocket Ridin, Girl Crazy Post
    Hoe of WSF

He must have had a lot of those 'cause I had a girl tell me one time I was living proof of the Theory of Losertivity. So I don't know.

Tool & Die Maker

For items that fall on the floor I keep my marine type spot light handy. Seems like those tiny items show right up when hit by an awesome light source. More often than not the lost items are right there in the shadows.

As for entering a room and forgeting why you are there is perfectly normal. There is a psychological reason for it. Different rooms in your house or shop have different purposes. When entering different rooms your mind tends to shift gears so to speak and your mind gets repurposed. Your best defense is to stay focused on your mission as you go through doorways.

I've been in Harbor Freight and see something that you will seldom use, but comes in real handy when you need it. The last one that comes to mind, was a set of brass bars. (You know....good for driving in a bearing race, or something.) The price was right and I could see them being useful, so I bought a set, like any guy would do. I took them home and started looking around the shop, trying to decide where would be a good place to keep them. I went to put them in a drawer I rarely use, in a tool box that I hardly ever use, (You know....the one where you keep those tools that you almost never use.) and to my surprise, in that drawer sat an identical set of brass bars. Apparently, I had had that good idea before......and decided on the same storage spot.
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

They say two is one and one is none. I think the person that made up that saying was as forgetful as the rest of us and didn't want to look stupid in front of his friends.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by 2dumb2kwit View Post
    I've been in Harbor Freight and see something that you will seldom use, but comes in real handy when you need it. The last one that comes to mind, was a set of brass bars. (You know....good for driving in a bearing race, or something.) The price was right and I could see them being useful, so I bought a set, like any guy would do. I took them home and started looking around the shop, trying to decide where would be a good place to keep them. I went to put them in a drawer I rarely use, in a tool box that I hardly ever use, (You know....the one where you keep those tools that you almost never use.) and to my surprise, in that drawer sat an identical set of brass bars. Apparently, I had had that good idea before......and decided on the same storage spot.
    LOL...The "Ice pick and tile knife Theory."..Right there in that special place.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

I wonder how many on here don't even know what an ice pick is......but yeah, I'll put it right here where I'll be sure and remember where it is.....famous last words.

Tool & Die Maker

Quote Originally Posted by 2dumb2kwit View Post
    Just a tip: I might store that set of brass bars by standing them up in a block of wood. Easy to find and easy to find the size needed. Some items just store better that way.

I tried that once and still haven't found the block of wood.

Teflon tape, Duct tape, electrical tape and cans of WD-40. I know I've bought millions of dollars of those things and can't put my hand on any of them when I need them.

Alan

If, ah, if you give me a million dollars I will personally follow you around with all of those items and hand you whatever you need. Just ask for it.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.