Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bugging out during martial law?

Banned

In the specific case where New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin declared martial law in the city it really did not matter that this was not constitutional he had the police and other military to back him up so it only made sense to obey and not get arrested or shot. However, most folks who knew they were in low areas and had the means, got the heck out of there long before Hurricane Katrina hit. This was a case where staying put was not a good idea. I never did read up about if he got heat for violating people's rights but that was only one of many problems with that whole mess. His political career did not go well for him after that as I recall. Some of the media make him out to be a hero and the federal government as the evil villains but they always over simplify complex issues for a short attention span audience that does not like to read.

On people fighting for freedom and unfair taxes: More Hispanics than Anglos died fighting in an attempt to expel Santa Anna from what is now Texas for imposing a heavy tax on them. And S.A. never even protected them from the Apaches/Natives like the British did from threats in the French and Indian War etc. Then King George attempted to impose an additional small tax on tea. So from a Texas viewpoint those folks from Boston seemed rather delicate and overly sensitive compared to the hard fighting Hispanics of Texas and New Mexico who have lived here since the 1600's. (First explored by the Spanish in 1519.)

If only the US school system still taught critical thinking... well a few private schools do, thanks to my parents I went to one of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Seniorman View Post
    Aye, and there's the rub.

Very, very few peace officers and military members have ever read so much as one word of the U.S. Constitution. I also doubt that very, very few schools in the U.S. teach anything about the U.S. Constitution other than on a cursory level, so mainly, the People are as ignorant as peace officers and military members. Therefore, by and large, most law enforcers and most military not only don't know our Rights, they obey their "leaders" blindly without regard to whether or not they are violating the Constitution.

Of course, there are a few, comparatively, people who have studied the Constitution (some lawyers, certain scholars, a few interested laymen, etc.) , but considering the population today in the U.S., 330,000,000 +/-, knowledge of the Constitution is rare.

Whether or not Martial Law when declared is "constitutional," it is meaningless to the Imperial Declarer and his enforcers. Submit or suffer the consequences.

S.M.
    Agreed on all points. My oldest daughter [27] had The Constitution in American Cultures in HS but my other 2 [19 and 16] have not. The 16 yr old has to take it as an "elective"...which IMO is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard of.

I understand why though - if the schools stop teaching The Constitution then the adolescents, growing into voting adults, won't know as much as they should and that skews their thoughts and ideology. It's a tactical move on the Government's part - and it's working............sort of.

I have been [informally] watching societal trends and over the past 20/25 years. In the past 5-6 years, it seems to me that The People are beginning to 'wake up' to the Government BS. Firearms sales, according to some, have quadrupled under Obummer's reign. Locally, we know they have almost doubled. The issuance of CCW's in my State have tripled. There's a reason for it....and it's NOT because crime rates are rising [at least, locally it isn't]. The People now realize it and now the Gov is running scared.

As to keep on topic.......

Bugging out will require a few things and some planning....

* A vehicle that is less susceptible to electronic pulse because yes....we have devices that can shut down your vehicle. Use carbon fiber plates or sheets of rubber to cover the entire undercarriage of the vehicle. [Leave NO exposed metal that connects to anything in the electrical system.]
    * A vehicle that can withstand tire damage [think run-flat tires on steroids].
    * A vehicle that cannot be shut down by On-Star.
    * A 4WD vehicle that is snorkeled might be a good idea.
    * Vehicle CB radio with whip antennae.
    * Brush bars and off road lights. A good idea would be a 4-light system that uses two toggle switches. One toggle operates 2 white flood lights, the other toggle operates red lens flood lights [preserves night vision]. Use covers until they are needed.
    * One oversized wool blanket per person.
    * Extra "immediate fix" parts - radiator hoses [upper and lower], fan, alternator, power steering [or serpentine] belts, one set of spark plugs and wires, distributor cap, rotor and point cleaning tool, front and back brake pads [or shoes], extra fluids [antifreeze, oil, ATF, PS and brake fluids, etc], and a couple of expansion-type freeze out plugs.
    * Extra fuel in an approved container.
    * US Road Atlas, State specific road maps and at least one good compass.
    * 3 days of food and water. The rule of thumb on water is one gallon per person, per day. That's two quarts to drink and 2 quarts for food prep and sanitation. Carry more if you plan on exerting yourself or prepare 'hard to digest' types of foods.
    * Respirators with face shields. "Gas masks" sport a preconceived notion that you are a "doomsday prepper".....respirators with face shields are easily explained away as "tools."
    * Common hand and automotive tools.
    * Water purification.
    * Bag with your personal gear.
    * Plate carrier with or without attached pouches [Bugger's choice].
    * Primary, secondary and edged weapons, appropriate ammo and magazines/clips [again, Bugger's choice].
    * Know what your destination is going to be. Have an alternate location in case that one is a no-go.

Have a planned route from where you are, to where you are going. Have 2 back-up routes to the same destination. One of those should be the most rural method possible....such as tractor lanes on the edges of farmland, shallow/dried up creek beds, abandoned RR tracks, etc. If you have family that must meet you from another location, predetermine 3 spots you are all familiar with, are out of the way and number them. If you get a call from "honey," Have them grab their bag and meet you at "location one" [or "two" or "three"].

There's tons more anyone can add on their own, those are simply things I think about the most.
    Last edited by druid; 10-14-2015 at 11:38 PM. Reason: grammar
    "But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.--Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government."

~~Declaration of Independence

Quote Originally Posted by druid View Post

* A vehicle that is less susceptible to electronic pulse because yes....we have devices that can shut down your vehicle. Use carbon fiber plates or sheets of rubber to cover the entire undercarriage of the vehicle. [Leave NO exposed metal that connects to anything in the electrical system.]
    * Brush bars and off road lights. A good idea would be a 4-light system that uses two toggle switches. One toggle operates 2 white flood lights, the other toggle operates red lens flood lights [preserves night vision]. Use covers until they are needed.
    * Extra "immediate fix" parts - radiator hoses [upper and lower], fan, alternator, power steering [or serpentine] belts, one set of spark plugs and wires, distributor cap, rotor and point cleaning tool, front and back brake pads [or shoes], extra fluids [antifreeze, oil, ATF, PS and brake fluids, etc], and a couple of expansion-type freeze out plugs.
    * 3 days of food and water. The rule of thumb on water is one gallon per person, per day. That's two quarts to drink and 2 quarts for food prep and sanitation. Carry more if you plan on exerting yourself or prepare 'hard to digest' types of foods.
    * Respirators with face shields. "Gas masks" sport a preconceived notion that you are a "doomsday prepper".....respirators with face shields are easily explained away as "tools."
    * Water purification.
    * Primary, secondary and edged weapons, appropriate ammo and magazines/clips [again, Bugger's choice].
    * Know what your destination is going to be. Have an alternate location in case that one is a no-go.

Have a planned route from where you are, to where you are going. Have 2 back-up routes to the same destination. One of those should be the most rural method possible....such as tractor lanes on the edges of farmland, shallow/dried up creek beds, abandoned RR tracks, etc. If you have family that must meet you from another location, predetermine 3 spots you are all familiar with, are out of the way and number them. If you get a call from "honey," Have them grab their bag and meet you at "location one" [or "two" or "three"].

There's tons more anyone can add on their own, those are simply things I think about the most.
    Mostly agree....
    Just want to add....make a few trial runs....you will be amazed how fast your plans get screwed up

We have a BOL (or vaction place, homestead, retirement home, hunting cabin...whet ever you want to call it.
    One gas/fuel tank away...have option of gas motor or diesel ....always full of fuel....way of life.

Have done the March Bug out , twice....using all stashed preps and pre-packed supplies, and always carried gear.
    Decision to go to one the road 45 min...fastest time....Longest stretch 3 weeks.....week one piece of cake, week two, getting to be PITA, week three....needed (wanted resupply).

Note this took place at the start of a 3 month prescription med cycle...would be a real beeatch if it was at the end....

Practice, but expect the un-expected.
    Last edited by hunter63; 10-15-2015 at 12:38 AM.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    First get your self an ambulance,...... out fit it with multi fuel capability, with on board gen set, rack it out, survival gear, water tank, extra fuel.
    Mark truck up as "Biohazard Quarantine transport unit".......get biohazard suits helmets, respirators, go where ever you want.
    $ 100,000 bucks should be a good start.

Repair parts are 3x exspensive.....
    “There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag … We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language … and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post
    Repair parts are 3x exspensive.....
    Life of death....so what?....LOL
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Default Edit

Quote Originally Posted by druid View Post
    Agreed on all points. My oldest daughter [27] had The Constitution in American Cultures in HS but my other 2 [19 and 16] have not. The 16 yr old has to take it as an "elective"...which IMO is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard of.

I understand why though - if the schools stop teaching The Constitution then the adolescents, growing into voting adults, won't know as much as they should and that skews their thoughts and ideology. It's a tactical move on the Government's part - and it's working............sort of.

I have been [informally] watching societal trends and over the past 20/25 years. In the past 5-6 years, it seems to me that The People are beginning to 'wake up' to the Government BS. Firearms sales, according to some, have quadrupled under Obummer's reign. Locally, we know they have almost doubled. The issuance of CCW's in my State have tripled. There's a reason for it....and it's NOT because crime rates are rising [at least, locally it isn't]. The People now realize it and now the Gov is running scared.

Never heard about this ... can you cite a source.. this eliminates all vehicles in the last 25 years. When a BMW has more than 25 microprocessors today... there isn't a chance in hell of it surviving. The BMW Diesels from 15 years ago,,, will work.

(Old School) - Dridown or Dupont Microfiber

Good to Know

* Water purification.

Great post.
    Last edited by Wise Old Owl; 10-15-2015 at 08:56 PM.
    “There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag … We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language … and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post
    Great post.
    Thanks. As to the question of citing a source, I cannot. Not because it's "National Security" or anything but departmental policy. I absolutely wish I could cite the 200+ page manual and Use of Force policy to you but I can't.

As to your comment of "that eliminates every car made in the past 25 years" - didn't you ever wonder why there was a huge National push [by Clinton, Bush and Obummer, under the guise of environmentalism] to get rid of all the old vehicles?

What I can do is point you in the right direction. Internet information is free, remember? :wink:

I may or may not be referring to any one of these items listed. There are more than can be researched but I can tell you with 100% certainty, that these devices are in play. It's up to the jurisdiction if they choose to employ such devices.

https://www.newscientist.com/article...ars-to-a-halt/

http://govtslaves.info/police-disabl...ia-emp-strike/

https://defensesystems.com/blogs/cyb...mp-weapon.aspx

http://www.policeone.com/police-prod...-at-50-meters/

and just to make it interesting, I found this:

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/LIVING/w...t.engine.down/

and even more scary, this on YT:

If you think these two jerk-offs can figure this stuff out, what makes you think the government/military and police departments don't already have access to the same knowledge and technology?
    Last edited by druid; 10-15-2015 at 10:03 PM.
    "But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.--Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government."

and this one:

Add to that, the ever increasing drive to clone the US into / or adopt EU practices...whether you believe the Agenda 21 / globalist / Illuminati / etc / stories or not......

https://www.rt.com/news/remote-car-disable-eu-413/

Point is, the military absolutely has access to this technology and local government [including smaller, local jurisdictions] have [perhaps limited or not-so limited in some cases] access to this technology. Many are used as 'testing grounds' to iron out bugs in the systems. They use departments/street/real time deployment data to do those things the 'book smart, street stupid' techno lab geek hasn't accounted for. How we will use it differs greatly than how they use it in a lab or testing facility.

Rumblings through the ranks at LE Conventions are that these companies often speak to police chiefs, promising "free" units in trade for data during that 'testing' period.

Vehicles with computers are particularly susceptible, plain and simple. Non-computer based vehicles require 'shorting out' the electrical systems, tire damage or extreme measures [PiT maneuvers] to bring it to a halt.

Think of "road spikes" that don't deflate the tires but use TASER technology to disrupt the electronics....scary huh?....yep......but not so far fetched anymore.

Now...in a case of ML, the military will generally 'absorb' police units, simply to placate the officers on the department. Remember, our training is not all that different than there's. It makes more sense to "keep your friends close, enemies closer" because if anyone is going to provide military forces a "real problem," it's going to be pissed-off, properly trained police officers thrown into the 'civilian mix' - feeling betrayed and as 'throw aways' when that time comes.
    Last edited by druid; 10-15-2015 at 10:09 PM.

Our goverment organized crime

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

What's really sad in this thread is the conclusion that LEO and military are illiterate miscreants that don't know how to do their job. That school systems are in this universal conspiracy with the "government" (personally, I'm suspicious of my postman. He's government, right?) to dumb down America.

Many LEO and most military are college educated at some level and quite capable of reading. 89% of military officers hold at least a bachelor's degree and 93% of all enlisted personnel hold a high school diploma and some college completed, according to one report by militaryhomefront.dod.mil. Compare that to any of our previous military. As for schools, if you want the Constitution taught in your area schools may I suggest you petition your local school board and vote to increase taxes so they have more money with which to expand curriculum.

I think you are overreacting and coming up with your own misguided conclusion.

No one said that LEO or military or illiterate miscreants [that I have read]. I know I said [or eluded to] that they simply [and often blindly] follow orders. There are such things in both occupations called "Illegal Orders" and I've witnessed those illegal orders being carried out. Some in person and much on video. Others have too. Others still, have pasted YouTube with it. Let's not forget the largest military brass migration ever is under Obama....fired or forced to retire. Why? Because they refuse to shoot Americans under his reign? Because they spoke out against the tyranny of this Administration? We've heard [or read] the "rumors" spread by vetted veterans from various source media outlets....but hey, only 'rumors' right?

And petitioning the school district to do the job it's supposed to is ludicrous. Their job is to teach math, science, English, American and World History.....not engage in social experimentation, be surrogate parents or shade-tree politicians. When they stop wasting money on the crap that doesn't matter, there will be plenty of monetary resources to pull from.....like....stop ordering school books that no one uses because they aren't issued, for one.

I had a female professor in college who on the first day of class, told the female students that "if and when they become pregnant, they should drink a beer every day. the vitamins and minerals in the hops are good for the baby." Never mind the alcohol content in that drink is equally detrimental [not to mention, addictive]. She got pissed off at me when I chimed it, "....or just take the prenatal vitamins your family doctor should order for them?" She glared at me and said, "You aren't a woman or a doctor...you wouldn't know.' I responded, "No...I'm a father and a pragmatist...so yes I would." Needless to say, that was a tough semester.....

Agree with you druid. That is funny about your professor. I would have asked her if her mother drank during pregnancy because signs of it were showing!
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

Quote Originally Posted by natertot View Post
    Agree with you druid. That is funny about your professor. I would have asked her if her mother drank during pregnancy because signs of it were showing!
    lol.

The thing about conspiracy theories is that each "thing" on its own is just that...a theory. Alone, it means little to the People.

But it takes a healthy dose of logic and an even bigger leap of faith to actually connect A to B to C.

and that's why we are here, isn't it?

Misguided? When a thread is nothing but conspiracy theories and what if's without any level of substance it's not overreacting.

Had you considered that a war on two fronts wound down as a cause of the military draw down? I'm not a fan of Obama but there is an occasional problem that can be rationalized.

Quote Originally Posted by Druid
    And petitioning the school district to do the job it's supposed to is ludicrous.

Seriously? Ludicrous? School boards serve at our leisure. If you are not happy with the job they are doing vote them out. If you are still not happy run for the office.

Anyone can quote an anecdotal story. That does not make it representative of the whole.

And no, conspiracy theories isn't why we are here. To be a conspiracy theorist is to give up responsibility for conditions and blame someone else. It's much easier to do that actually work for change at any level. The "government", whoever that is supposed to be, is nothing more than people; 2.7 million to be precise. Are all of them involved in this "conspiracy"? If not, who then do we point the finger at? The FHA? The Agricultural Research Service? Taxpayer Advocacy Panel? They are all part of the "government". Perhaps just the President? That office has been blamed for every problem known to man since the first holder took oath. To be sure some were true, most were not. I don't engage my time in "conspiracies". I prefer to take responsibility and work for honest change at every level I can impact. I don't consider that misguided either.

Rick, I think what Druid is trying to say is that we shouldn't have to petition schools, or any other government body/entity, to do what it is already supposed to be doing. It is not like this is a new arts program or anything. This is the Constitution, the foundation of our country, and the fact that nothing (or very little) is taught is absurd. Speaking of all this, my daughter did not have school last Monday in observance of Columbus Day. Despite this day being important enough to not have school, not one single thing was mentioned about who Columbus was, what he did, or why he has his own holiday was mentioned in my daughter's class! I took the time to fill her in a little, but why in the heck aren't schools covering this? BTW, they covered Martin Luther King Jr day fairly well. Same with Black history month and even Cinco de Mayo was touched upon. But to petition to tell the schools to do the job they are already supposed to be doing and not think there are NO political motivations behind any of it is absurd.

I understand precisely what he is saying. If it's not being taught then change it. If no ones cares to take them to task then no one should complain about what is being taught. Political motivations and conspiracies are miles apart. Political motivations are what drive politicians.

Did you question your child's school administrator and/or the school board? (rhetorical question)

Political motivations and conspiracies are miles apart? I don't think so.

I have a meeting with the teacher this week and plan on bringing it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I understand precisely what he is saying. If it's not being taught then change it. If no ones cares to take them to task then no one should complain about what is being taught. Political motivations and conspiracies are miles apart. Political motivations are what drive politicians.

Did you question your child's school administrator and/or the school board? (rhetorical question)
    I've had my "meeting" with the chair of the school board "rescheduled" 4 times because he's "busy." Well then I went to the public school board meeting. When I brought up the fact that his secretary has been postponing our meeting at his behest because he doesn't want to have to deal with answering my questions...the crowd woke up a bit. I put him on the spot right there and asked those very pointed questions. Wanna take a guess at his Liberal answer? "I'll review it and take it under advisement." You and I both know what that means don't we?

But I'm not giving up...he's going to answer me whether he likes it or not. Publicly, I'll keep putting him on the spot. Eventually he'll have to visit the questions and answer them.

Quote Originally Posted by natertot View Post
    Political motivations and conspiracies are miles apart? I don't think so.

I have a meeting with the teacher this week and plan on bringing it up.
    completely agreed. They are NOT miles apart, they are intertwined like grape vines.

And the truth plainly spoken is this...anyone and everyone has the absolute Right to disagree with what others say. One should never take into consideration, a person's occupation that provides details of 'things to [that may] come" and isn't common or published knowledge. Never should a person take for granted that there are those "in the know" who have to get trained on the myriad of protocols devised by the Federal Government. I'm fairly sure my department was versed in what's to happen if/when __this__ happens, who we will report to, which protocol gets implemented, etc. etc

But then again, I guess one doesn't have to take the word of People on the Internet at all. Perhaps they'd just rather read it and find the information themselves? Or...let someone else do the leg work [?] :

All of this, being common and public knowledge:

https://www.congress.gov/bill/109th-...ouse-bill/5122

http://armedservices.house.gov/index...aa-home?p=ndaa

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/PLAW-11...-112publ81.pdf

The NDAA of '06 [H.R. 5122] by Bush, later expanded upon by Obama in '12 [to further strengthen the Executive offices ability to declare Martial Law, and added provisions that would allow military troops to detain U.S. citizens without a trial]. President Obama Formed the National Police Task Force; Uses Social unrest as Justification. In March of 2015, the Obama administration put together a task force that outlined rules for our nation’s police. In his Task Force on 21st century policing report, he outlined the formation of a National Policing Practices and Accountability Division within the federal government. The report went on to describe how the Department of Homeland Security could be used to “ensure that community policing tactics in state, local, and tribal law enforcement agencies are incorporated into their role in homeland security.”
    Increasing number of Joint Police/Military Drills are using American Citizens as Theoretical Threats. Back in 2012, an army report about the future use of the military as a police force within the United States looked at theoretical situations where the U.S. Army could be used against Tea Party “insurrectionists” who take over U.S. cities. During that same time period, the Department of Homeland Security released a report titled, “Hot Spots of Terrorism and Other Crimes in the United States,” where they outlined who the federal government sees as the largest terrorist threat in the country – that threat was U.S. citizens with extreme “right-wing” views.

The Patriot Act......the most UNpatriotic piece of legislation I've ever heard of....http://www.justice.gov/archive/ll/highlights.htm

A 1 million square foot, $1.5 BILLION, "store domestic spying information" facility in Utah https://nsa.gov1.info/utah-data-center/ [BTW, THANK YOU Mr. Snowden!]...

http://www.theverge.com/2013/6/6/440...llance-program

MRAPs going to civilian police departments:
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/not-your...ack-in-the-us/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...809_story.html

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/not-your...ack-in-the-us/

http://patch.com/connecticut/montvil...police-service

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...ment/10286485/

.....and from our good buddy Sheriff Doug Cox from Indiana:
    https://www.rt.com/usa/164816-americ...arization-war/

Indiana?!?! That sheriff makes it sound like downtown Fallujah ....and is going to "Protect and Serve" the CRAP out of his Constituents...

Drones being used over US soil: http://www.theverge.com/2013/6/19/44...s-over-us-soil

Anyone here that's recently former military want to explain exactly what these drones are capable of? I know, you know; care to share with the nay-sayers?

Need I say more? Coincidence? Anecdotal? Theoretical?
    None of the above.

The use of the words "Martial Law" are not likely to be used. Replace "Martial Law" with the term "State of Emergency." Essentially they are the same thing. Remember, a polished turd is still a turd.

...and there was nothing "anecdotal" about [testing the waters?] declaring Martial Law...I'm sorry..."States of Emergency"....during Hurricanes Katrina and Sandy, the Boston Marathon, Newton [CT] to name only a few....

But hey, since I like coffee and not Kool-Aid.....I guess it's just a "theory" ::eyeroll::
    Last edited by druid; 10-20-2015 at 01:57 AM.

Your guys are probably right. Sorry I said anything.

Rick, you have nothing to be sorry about. We are all [I'd like to think] adults here with different opinions, formed by what information we can individually gather. We try to 'make sense' of that information and sometimes 'stuff' is just "too hard to believe."

Peace.