Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunter63

Whatever happened to, "First, do no harm" in the medical profession?
    "The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play." Capt. James T. Kirk

If I had two rehab ladies taking me to the bathroom I'd never get better....just sayin'....Hang in there. We need help around the campfire. Whenever there's an empty chair the dang raccoons wander in and take a seat. Then someone has to get up and shoo 'em away. The blasted things eat more than Kyrat does.

Hang in there man, you know, like that guy who was mauled by the bear and had to survive on bugs and stuff just to get his rifle back. I'd think a bear could do more damage than two rehab ladies, but I could be wrong.

Alan

Wishing you well, buddy! Hang in there, do the rehab and hopefully you'll be out of there and back to your real life soon.

Alan, I'd put my money on the nurses.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

Hope the Nurse Ratchet twins get you back to your old self soon.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Hope the Nurse Ratchet twins get you back to your old self soon.
    They did wonders for Wildthang so there must be something to it.

For years after I saw that movie I thought it was Nurse Ratsh!t...

Glad to hear you're mobile again, Hunter!
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    Never ever though I would ever be this helpless....
    Survival is more them what pack or knife to buy.....
    We never factor in that kind of survival when we talk about "Survival" and yet, that kind of survival is the most important one of all.
    We prepare for all sorts of things from an array of SHTF to TEOTWAWKI...we store, rotate, upgrade, practice and educate ourselves on a dizzying number of topics. To us, it's the time and money well spent.

Of course, none of this will matter much if we are not healthy and physically and mentally fit. Maintaining our health should be a non-negotiable part of any preps--not just for ourselves but for our loved ones. We all have a pretty good idea of what it takes and doing something is better than doing nothing.

Let's wake up before we get that wake-up call, or even worse before it's too late.

Amen to that.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by BENESSE View Post
    We never factor in that kind of survival when we talk about "Survival" and yet, that kind of survival is the most important one of all.
    We prepare for all sorts of things from an array of SHTF to TEOTWAWKI...we store, rotate, upgrade, practice and educate ourselves on a dizzying number of topics. To us, it's the time and money well spent.

Of course, none of this will matter much if we are not healthy and physically and mentally fit. Maintaining our health should be a non-negotiable part of any preps--not just for ourselves but for our loved ones. We all have a pretty good idea of what it takes and doing something is better than doing nothing.

Let's wake up before we get that wake-up call, or even worse before it's too late.
    For sure.....lots of stuff the think about....yet the bottom line is still....all your prep work and the exercise in thought process and practice different scenarios.

Added an extension cord an plug adaptor, need to do it on the Down low....Rules...LOL

BYW I using my old HP machine....maybe won't get stolen like a new machine might...
    BUT have the letters are worn off..not a big deal when used every day...but after 3 weeks don't remember where some letters are....then of course the crumbs under keys...and the hinge duct taped on the screen.

You would laugh, but still here...
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Keep plugging away, Hunter, it gets easier with time and you'll be back up in the saddle again. It's frustrating as heck, tempting to take the path of least resistance as we all like to do in difficult situations.
    But if you don't, you'll feel better and get there faster.

Prayers for strength and a positive frame of mind while you traverse this bumpy road.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    For sure.....lots of stuff the think about....yet the bottom line is still....all your prep work and the exercise in thought process and practice different scenarios.

Added an extension cord an plug adaptor, need to do it on the Down low....Rules...LOL

BYW I using my old HP machine....maybe won't get stolen like a new machine might...
    BUT have the letters are worn off..not a big deal when used every day...but after 3 weeks don't remember where some letters are....then of course the crumbs under keys...and the hinge duct taped on the screen.

You would laugh, but still here...
    Pfft......Mine has all the letters and I still have trouble finding them. Hahaha.........

(Glad you're doing better.)
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

Oh my I have been out of the loop for so long and just read all these posts today . Maybe if we could find him a nurse that looks like his old friend Ruth would put a little spark in Hunter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 2dumb2kwit View Post
    Pfft......Mine has all the letters and I still have trouble finding them. Hahaha.........
    I'd expect nothing less from you. Glad you didn't become 2smart while away.

@ BornthatWay....OMG, you're back!!!!!

I PM'd you a few times but each time your mailbox was too full. Get a plunger and get busy, sistah.

Yeah!!!! BornthatWay is Back.......

Good to see you back, Bornthatway! And Hunter63, hope to see you over at BUSA, too.

Get well soon Hunter. I'm glad you're finding out that PT therapists go to the same DeSade College of Sadism as X-ray techs do.

Also, 2dumb, welcome back.
    When Wealth is Lost, Nothing is Lost;
    When Health is Lost, Something is Lost;
    When Character is Lost, ALL IS LOST!!!!!!!

Colonel Charles Hyatt circa 1880

You start worrying when they aren't sadists.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.