Thread: Alaska 2019

Alaska, The Madness! 1stimestar's Avatar
    Little cabin in the woods, middle of Alaska.

Default Alaska 2019

Well it's been a busy, busy month. Let's see, what's going on since I've last posted.

We finally got fiance's house on the market. Hope it sells quick! We had fixed all the ding and dents, repainted, cleaned carpets, this was all after emptying the 4 bedroom 3 garage/shops behemoth. Was at the point to call the realtor to come take his pictures when a pipe busted and flooded the downstairs. That involved days of sucking up water, chopping ice, replacing sheet rock, painting again! Also, many new expletives where developed. But it's go time now!

My mom was diagnosed with leukemia. She's had her first 5 rounds of chemo. We wont really know anything until they see how her body reacts to the chemo though. She had more scheduled for February. So instead of flying her from Minnesota to here in Alaska for our wedding in August, I may be flying there to Minnesota. They say the chemo works pretty good for those under 65. She is 79! She has never been one of those fragile little old ladies though, always tough, always working on something. Prayers appreciated.

Tim has custody of his 7 year old grandson, so that means we are practically starting over with the whole kid raising business. With my 2 (17 and 20) and now a 7 year old, the future can look daunting.

Been speaking to Hayshaker. He lost his wife 6 months ago. He had his internet turned off but now has a tv and is enjoying that. He's got the old movie channel! He was worried about Mad Max since he hadn't heard from him in a while. Mad Max? You ok?

Getting ready for the Yukon Quest. I leave on the 7th or 8th, depending on when we can get the trailer/s up there Should have a good crew this year and I'm getting excited.

Well guess that's it for now. How's everyone been doing?
    Why do I live in Alaska? Because I can.

Alaska, the Madness! Bloggity Stories of the North Country

"Building Codes, Alaskans don't need no stinking Building Codes." Sourdough

Yes, I have wifi in my outhouse!

Glad to see you here. Prayers for your mom. Mad Max is fine.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

When it rains it pours it seems. Prayers for your mom.

If God never gives you more than you can handle, He must think you're a Bada$$! Keep the faith. I hope things run smoothly for awhile. Anybody who has to chop ice in their house needs a break.

Alan

Alaska, The Madness! 1stimestar's Avatar
    Little cabin in the woods, middle of Alaska.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan R McDaniel Jr View Post
    If God never gives you more than you can handle, He must think you're a Bada$$! Keep the faith. I hope things run smoothly for awhile. Anybody who has to chop ice in their house needs a break.

Alan
    Lol you got that right! Actually the water was flooding for a long time so it ran under the wall of the downstairs bedroom it ruined to the garage next to it where it pooled up, froze the door shut with about 3' of ice. Luckily he was going over there every night after work to check on things!
    Why do I live in Alaska? Because I can.

Alaska, the Madness! Bloggity Stories of the North Country

"Building Codes, Alaskans don't need no stinking Building Codes." Sourdough

Yes, I have wifi in my outhouse!

Have fun with the dogs. Keep us posted about your mom.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

Woodsman

I feel for you. I hope your mom handles the chemo well and all else works out for you. Things like that should make the rest of us feel fortunate, thanks for sharing. And again hope things work out with your mom, the house, and the kids. We all need a break from suffering.