Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Best survival radio communications systems....????

Sure. What kind of stuff do you want made?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Sure. What kind of stuff do you want made?
    when you get a change PM me the address you want me to send it to. As for what to make Maybe a strap/leash for the dog 8-10' and a couple of 7"or 8" braclets if that sounds okay?

Sure. PM on the way.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Bump.......
    If by what I have learned over the years, allow me to help one person to start to prepare. If all the mistakes I have made, let me give one person the wisdom that allows them to save their life or the life of a loved one in an emergency. Then I will truly know that all the work I have done will have been worth every minute.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sjj View Post
    Sourdough,

Based on this thread - have you made any decisions on communications? Have you acquired any communication devices? Do you have something other than telephone land line or cell that will reach Anchorage?

Nope............Just a land line.

Yeah. We feel that way a lot of times, too. But what are you gonna do? He's ours so we'll keep him.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Blog Entries

Hands down the best commo radio out there is the one that works... lol...
    Personally I think people suk and there is no one I really wanna talk to enough to get a special radio for... lol...
    I prefer smoke signals though, only a strong wind screws them up and when it's raining they lag and can be difficult to read... lol...
    The tin can and string method is an age proven technique also... lol
    and then there is the carrier pigeon method... which you can eat if it acts up or you get really hungry... makes a fine meal... lol
    screaming works well for the wife, seems I always here her when she does that...
    or you can lay your head to the ground and listen, doesnt have to be for a train either...
    have seen a method where two neighbors shot an arrow with a message tied to it but when the one neighbor tried to catch it... he got killed, I don't recomend that method...

Hope this helps... lol
    Beo,
    There is no greater solitude than that of the Tracker in the forest, unless perhaps it's that of the wolf in the wilderness.

Quote Originally Posted by Sourdough View Post
    OK, price is not an issue, pretend it will be a gift. You wake up in the morning, and your computer is fried, the TV is fried, The phones are all fried, the AM and FM radio stations 600 miles away are broadcasting, but everything you would normally use for gathering information and communication is fried for a 600 mile radius.

However you and your friends and family all have the very BEST radio receivers and also a two-way radios in lead containers inside steel boxes, and they work perfect. If price is no object, what is the best radio system, that does not require a special license to own or operate. (I don't know the answer, I am looking for "THE" answer)
    I OWN the answer.
    I have an old Zenith Trans Oceanic AM-FM Multiband radio from when my father got it as a kid.
    Thing works like a dream. We have it set up to be plugged in and take batteries if needed. Damn thing is SICK! We can listen to radio from across the country, into Canada, and over the pond.
    Won't give it up for the world.
    The key to immortality is not having a life worth living, but living a life worth remembering.
    - St. Augustine

A government big enough to give you everything you want,
    is strong enough to take everything you have.
    - Thomas Jefferson

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kris-C...6355540?ref=nf
    www.etsy.com/shop/KrisAndChrisPlaques
    www.politicsbykrista.blogspot.com

Banned

Who Cares about a License in a survival situation ? I don't, I would get a good Yeasu Ham rig ,,, you dont need a License to listen anyway, With the right Ham radio you can cover EMS also,

Blog Entries

A tech license is really easy to obtain. No more code requirement. Just sayin'.
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

Banned

lets see here -.-.-...-.- ok

Blog Entries

... --- --..-- / .--- ..- ... - .. -. --..-- / -.. --- / -.-- --- ..- / .-. . .- .-.. .-.. -.-- / -.- -. --- .-- / -.-- --- ..- .-. / -.-. --- -.. . / --- .-. / .- .-. . / -.-- --- ..- / .--- ..- ... - / -- . ... ... .. -. --. / .-- .. - .... / ..- ... ..--..
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

Banned

If you say so ,, LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    ... --- --..-- / .--- ..- ... - .. -. --..-- / -.. --- / -.-- --- ..- / .-. . .- .-.. .-.. -.-- / -.- -. --- .-- / -.-- --- ..- .-. / -.-. --- -.. . / --- .-. / .- .-. . / -.-- --- ..- / .--- ..- ... - / -- . ... ... .. -. --. / .-- .. - .... / ..- ... ..--..

I have been running my fingers over that for hours. Most messed up brail I ever read...

snort - chuckle - snort
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

2 meter handheld ham radio is the best and most reliable communications available. I always carry one camping, hunting or flying. They have far better and more reliable coverage than cell phones. That's why I carry one when I fly the back country. They will always hit a repeater from somewhere and therefore you can always find help. They also link into the phone system via "autopatch" so you can call on the phone too. Used 2 meter handhelds are cheap and can be found under $100. The basic ham license test is a no morse code test and easy. Any idiot can pass the 35 question test. No excuses, get your ham license! (You'll have fun with it too when you travel.)

Quote Originally Posted by jbtusa View Post
    2 meter handheld ham radio is the best and most reliable communications available. I always carry one camping, hunting or flying. They have far better and more reliable coverage than cell phones. That's why I carry one when I fly the back country. They will always hit a repeater from somewhere and therefore you can always find help. They also link into the phone system via "autopatch" so you can call on the phone too. Used 2 meter handhelds are cheap and can be found under $100. The basic ham license test is a no morse code test and easy. Any idiot can pass the 35 question test. No excuses, get your ham license! (You'll have fun with it too when you travel.)
    Good to know. Also - no excuses - stop on by the intro section. http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...splay.php?f=14 Thanks.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    .. / - .... .. -. -.- / .... . .----. ... / -- . ... ... .. -. --. / .-- .. - .... / -.-- .-
    The key to immortality is not having a life worth living, but living a life worth remembering.
    - St. Augustine

- Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Trabitha View Post
    .. / - .... .. -. -.- / .... . .----. ... / -- . ... ... .. -. --. / .-- .. - .... / -.-- .-
    -.-- . .- .... --..-- / .-- .... .- - / - .-. .- -... .. - .... .- / ... .- .. -..

The commonly overlooked problem with operating a HAM radio (or any other radio without a license) is that the bandwidths available to you will likely be so overcrowded that sending a message will be impossible.

Also, you shouldn't underestimate the government's ability to stubbornly continue functioning as frequency police during a catastrophic failure of society. Chances are the FCC will clamp down even harder WTSHTF, because they'll want to keep their own communications options uncluttered by private citizens. You can also count on the military shutting down any transmissions that they think will interfere with their own ability to function as an internal security force. Military jamming hardware tends to indiscriminately shut down every transmitter and/or receiver on any band. It doesn't just interrupt it. In some cases, it burns out the circuitry too.
    - St. Augustine

- Thomas Jefferson