Page 83 of 93 FirstFirst ... 33738182838485 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,660 of 1860

Thread: what did you do this week to prepare

[QUOTE=Wildthang;376706]I rearranged my work shop and wired in my new welder the girls got me for Christmas. I went through a lot of ols boxes and found many things that will come in useful. I bet I found 30 pounds of nuts, bolts, washers, wood screws, sheet metal screws, and drill bits. I have wondered where they were for the last five years.

Now, this is what my shop looks like since I rearranged it. I don't have a before picture but beleive me, it looks a lot better now!

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Waaaaaaay too organized. You'll never find anything.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Got a new Mora 860 heavy duty and a stainless canteen cup from Safezone, got my new .22 bolt action repeater, and got several hundred rounds of ammo. It was a good week.

Quote Originally Posted by Stiffy View Post
    Got a new Mora 860 heavy duty and a stainless canteen cup from Safezone, got my new .22 bolt action repeater, and got several hundred rounds of ammo. It was a good week.
    Way to go Stiffy! I have been after some more .22 ammo and it is all bought out around here!

[QUOTE=Wildthang;377687]
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildthang View Post
    I rearranged my work shop and wired in my new welder the girls got me for Christmas. I went through a lot of ols boxes and found many things that will come in useful. I bet I found 30 pounds of nuts, bolts, washers, wood screws, sheet metal screws, and drill bits. I have wondered where they were for the last five years.

Now, this is what my shop looks like since I rearranged it. I don't have a before picture but beleive me, it looks a lot better now!

Clean shop, sick mind......LOL....Looking good ...for now.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Way to go Stiffy! I have been after some more .22 ammo and it is all bought out around here!
    I got some at Walmart (all they had left was CCI CB shorts, and Federal bulk ammo); ordered some from Cabelas (I hate paying the shipping, but their shipping was much less than other internet sites I checked), and picked up some more at the gun shop in Pueblo where I got my rifle. For some reason, they still have a nice selection there.

For now, I've got a variety, everything from 710 fps shorts to CCI Velocitors. I want to see what works in my gun, before I go buy a lot of ammo.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

[QUOTE=Wildthang;377687]
    I rearranged my work shop and wired in my new welder the girls got me for Christmas. I went through a lot of ols boxes and found many things that will come in useful. I bet I found 30 pounds of nuts, bolts, washers, wood screws, sheet metal screws, and drill bits. I have wondered where they were for the last five years.

Yep, a truly sick mind!! Not something I would even admit too much less post on the internet.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Well I freely admit to having a sick mind, and you guys can spend hours digging through useless junk if that's what makes you happy

There is no such thing as useless junk......just things I don't need at the moment.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    There is no such thing as useless junk......just things I don't need at the moment.
    If you can only find it

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    I prefer to call it materials inventory for proposed projects.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Works for me.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    I prefer to call it materials inventory for proposed projects.
    Even purposed material / junk can be organized

Today I bought another 550 rounds of .22 ammo. My gun shop in Pueblo still has a selection. But that about does it for me for awhile. At least until my wife's new sofa is paid for.

I found 200 rounds of Target grade .223 yesterday. Just a little more zombie proof now!

I pulled out my single burner butane canister stove and boiled some simple canned soup for lunch in the back yard. I let my 10 year old daughter do it all. I didn't feel comfortable fighting with the phone for picks since my three year old was outside with us. I let the three year old play with a sterno foldable stove- not fuel of course, while we cooked lunch so she wouldn't be around the cooking table. We had fun! It is always good to make sure more than one person knows where things are, how to setup, use, and take down equipment before trouble happens! And oh so much better than playing barbies.

Quote Originally Posted by grokh5499 View Post
    I pulled out my single burner butane canister stove and boiled some simple canned soup for lunch in the back yard. I let my 10 year old daughter do it all. I didn't feel comfortable fighting with the phone for picks since my three year old was outside with us. I let the three year old play with a sterno foldable stove- not fuel of course, while we cooked lunch so she wouldn't be around the cooking table. We had fun! It is always good to make sure more than one person knows where things are, how to setup, use, and take down equipment before trouble happens! And oh so much better than playing barbies.
    And that's what is known as "quality time."

This week I got the result I've looked for after making some lifestyle changes.

A number of years ago, I was diagnosed with high blood pressure. At the time my systolic was 164( I don't recall my diastolic#) and the quote from the Dr. was "You are a stroke waiting to happen."

I started to make some diet changes and brought my BP down some , but didn't really get serious till a few months ago. I cut out all alcohol, almost all red meat, as much salt and white sugar as I could and started consuming a lot of bulgur wheat, honey, and steel cut oats.

I've lost 20 pounds and my blood pressure is now down to an average of 113/74 and I am completely off of all BP medication. I hope to be around to be a Daddy to my little girl for a long. long time. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Fishin' Fool View Post
    This week I got the result I've looked for after making some lifestyle changes.

I've lost 20 pounds and my blood pressure is now down to an average of 113/74 and I am completely off of all BP medication. I hope to be around to be a Daddy to my little girl for a long. long time. :-)
    CONGRATULATIONS!
    It's the most valuable prep you could have done not just for yourself but your family as well.

Congrat FF.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel