Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: multi tool.

Default multi tool.

Ive been savng for a good multi tool for some time now and was wondering if anybody had a suggestion as to which multi tool brand and style I should buy.
    thanks

I strongly recomend leatherman, I have been wareing a leatherman super tool for years. I also really like the Sog tools. I have found the gerber tools flimsly compared to the others, but Some people love em. Hope this helped

Leatherman is the only way to go. (sorry if im biased im a leatherman collector) i have 6 different leatherman modles and use all of em all the time. the best one is by FAR the Wave, i have the special edition and absolutially adore it. i would rather go hiking naked then without it. it costs roughly $120 so if your willin 2 spend that kinda money buy the wave. you wont regret it.

Thumbs up multi tool

I carry a Gerber Suspension multi tool now, but I prefer the Leatherman multi's. I broke a Gerber , but never a Leatherman. I also like the SOG knives. I carry a SOG Jungle Primitive bowie with me anytime I go out in the boonies and it is a hell of a knife. Well worth the money.

Blog Entries

Talking My choice.

Leatherman is a good choice, however I use the model that I've seen Les Stroud use which is the Victorinox, the people who make a top quality Swiss Army Knife. I really like the fact that I can acess the assesories without having to open it up. SARGE.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Yep, the wave tool is one of the best. I don't leave home w/out it.
    Earth - love it or leave it.

FireSteel.com

the WAVE is the way

FireSteel.com

the WAVE is the way (sorry about my triple post - for some reason the button did not seem to be working)
    Last edited by RobertRogers; 07-09-2007 at 07:33 PM. Reason: posting error

FireSteel.com

I'm a Leatherman fan too. I've been using the same one (PST II) for close to ten years and It's still going strong.

For years I carried the original leatherman tool, right now I have the Gerber 600 Sportsman I think, I carry it and use it daily on the farm and at the plant I work at. It's held up fine, but I plan on getting a Leatherman Supertool or one of the larger Leathermans sometime within the next 6 months, The leathermans seam to be a lot tighter and the diamond files and woosaw would be useful.
    Bob
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety" Benjamin Franklin

What about the cons of having a multi tool in a survival situtation if you lose it then you are without many of you tools. Do the pro's of having everything in a handy mini tool outweigh the fact that if your in a survival situation and lose your leatherman than you don't have it's tools and make things much more difficult?
    Survival Scout

I have had my Leatherman Wave for about 10 years. I will ALWAYS stick with and recommend Leatherman just because of this. I was doing some prying with one of the flat head screwdrivers, probably should have been but anyway, it broke. So I just lived with it being broke until about 2 years ago when I was thinking of buying a new one. Instead I called them and they said to send it in for repair. Within 2 weeks I got "my" Leatherman back. Well when I took a close look they didn't fix it at all. They just sent me a brand new Wave back. I am VERY big on customer service and I must say, that's awesome.
    Survival Skill - Personal Outdoors Survival Blog and Resources
    Nevada Carry - Nevada Concealed Carry Information and Resources

San Francisco, CA (Or San Freak-Skid Row, if you prefer)

Leatherman Wave - All you'll ever need The only thing I don't like about it is that there are no scissors on this model - easily cured by buying the Leatherman Mini for your keychain

Quote Originally Posted by Fog_Harbor View Post
    Leatherman Wave - All you'll ever need The only thing I don't like about it is that there are no scissors on this model - easily cured by buying the Leatherman Mini for your keychain
    The WAVE I have has scissors on it. It's a few years old, does their newer model not have them?
    Survival Skill - Personal Outdoors Survival Blog and Resources
    Nevada Carry - Nevada Concealed Carry Information and Resources

Look on ebay type swiss army knife huge (or something like that). Look for one priced at 100 bucks more or less... it has like over one hundred functions and is a couple of inches across. They are not actual swiss army knives, i think, but a lookalike... they work, though and have tons of accessories... here's a link for one... if its still up-
    http://cgi.ebay.com/VICTORINOX-NEW-S...QQcmdZViewItem
    Strider
    I take paths untrodden...

I've been using Leatherman multitools for about 13 years now, when my dad gave me my first one as a gift just prior to entering the Academy. Since then, I've gotten the Wave (love it) and now my every-day-carry- the Charge Titanium. Can't go wrong with any of 'em, IMHO.
    GO RED SOX

Blog Entries

Cool Ya think that's something?

Quote Originally Posted by Strider View Post
    Look on ebay type swiss army knife huge (or something like that). Look for one priced at 100 bucks more or less... it has like over one hundred functions and is a couple of inches across. They are not actual swiss army knives, i think, but a lookalike... they work, though and have tons of accessories... here's a link for one... if its still up-
    http://cgi.ebay.com/VICTORINOX-NEW-S...QQcmdZViewItem
    Go to www.knifecenter.com. Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page and check out Wenger's new "Giant Knife". It's 8 1/2inches across and has enough tools on it to rebuild a buick and cost $1000....BTW, who was that guy that posted he didn't mind shelling out a grand for a knife? Of course if his hands are big enough to hold that puppy I'm gonna shut up!
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

attn marcraft this is a public service anouncement please do not hike naked in the woods this message brought to you by the wildlife of manitoba

ps i am a moose and i approved this ad

Quote Originally Posted by wareagle69 View Post
    attn marcraft this is a public service anouncement please do not hike naked in the woods this message brought to you by the wildlife of manitoba

ps i am a moose and i approved this ad
    lol that was random! but I'm a person and I stand behind moose wareagle69 all the way

I carry this everywhere I go...

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.