Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Million Dollar Survival kit.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLeePettimore View Post
    This kit has nothing to do with survival. The seller just came to the correct conclusion that you make more money by selling to clueless rich people.

Why make a nickel per widget, when one sale of this kit sets you up pretty well.

I reminds me of a "health club" I saw on a TV news story (back in the '90's when I watched broadcast TV). All of the "exercise" equipment had motors on them. The club member was strapped into the machine and the motor was turned on. It may have helped increase circulation, but that's it. Oh, and it was in Beverly Hills.
    you have a point... and to a degree everyone, myself included are gear heads.. I love gear, always want some new toy.. but yeah is it really needed to Survive, or a nice to have.. with each trip I do I actually seek ways of making my kit smaller more stream lined, yes sometimes that means less things, but some times it actually means JUST better things in general, tough hard wearing things that work and will not fail.
    My youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ultsmackdown Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/antonyraison/

(BOSWA) ELITE SURVIVAL RANGER - BSR/16/05

In the great gold rush the throng of folks had to have 2 tons of supplies before the mounties would let them travel north into the Yukon. I guess that was the million dollar survival kit of the day. Of course, most of that gear littered the trails along the way since a cast iron wood stove can only be carried so far before you drop it by the side of the trail. "Are they looking?" "Nope." "Heave that @#@# thing!". We sort of have our own million dollar kits. It may not look like that but we have one none-the-less. House, car, and all the rest. That's how we survive.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

And in each of the gold rushes in American History the people that made the real money were the ones who sold shovels, shoes, jeans, and wheelbarrows.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Jeeps, coffee, AR's, military surplus ammo, cb radios and toilet paper. Different stuff, different day.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    In the great gold rush the throng of folks had to have 2 tons of supplies before the mounties would let them travel north into the Yukon. I guess that was the million dollar survival kit of the day. Of course, most of that gear littered the trails along the way since a cast iron wood stove can only be carried so far before you drop it by the side of the trail. "Are they looking?" "Nope." "Heave that @#@# thing!". We sort of have our own million dollar kits. It may not look like that but we have one none-the-less. House, car, and all the rest. That's how we survive.
    ^ Rick you have a very good point.
    My youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ultsmackdown Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/antonyraison/

(BOSWA) ELITE SURVIVAL RANGER - BSR/16/05

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    And in each of the gold rushes in American History the people that made the real money were the ones who sold shovels, shoes, jeans, and wheelbarrows.
    That's right. Sam Brannan, the guy who started the California gold rush, or gave the big initial boost to it, knew this. Gold was discovered in the race of a sawmill that John Sutter was building. He tried to keep it quiet, because he knew the influx of gold-seekers would destroy his land and what he was trying to build. Of course, you can't keep a thing like this secret for long. Sam Brannan dressed up like a prospector, went into downtown San Francisco, stood in the middle of the street with a small vial of gold, and yelled, "Gold! Gold on Sutter's land!" He cleaned up selling supplies to "49ers".
    "The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play." Capt. James T. Kirk

Back up. Where's the cigars? Rich people ALWAYS smoke cigars

Nice first post.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Nice first post.
    Well, has been slow......
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27