Thread: Fire Puck Field Review Video

Default Fire Puck Field Review Video

Here's a video that I did on a new item called the Fire Puck. You might want to check this item out for your kit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LabV...1&feature=plcp

Certainly looks like a good product to carry.

interesting but I will stick to a knife and Esbit.
    “There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag … We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language … and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Cool product, sorta a small road flare....
    Anyway, my attention span is about 2 and 1/2 min., just something to think about.......
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Other than the wrapper those pucks seem like they would be very manageable with frozen fingers. Six in. of snow here this morning and i have to go after a trail cam. It will make for a nice walk.

Goood luck with the trail cam. I hope you pick up some good photos.

Thanks, but i doubt it. I set it up on a brook just to see what might be moving through.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Wingman, I am learning how to watch your videos. I skip the first 7 minutes and go straight to the 30 second test, then shut it off.

They are road flares, $1.69 each at autozone.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    Wingman, I am learning how to watch your videos. I skip the first 7 minutes and go straight to the 30 second test, then shut it off.

They are road flares, $1.69 each at autozone.
    Thanks for watching even the last 30 seconds. LOL

I wonder what the size, weight and burn time differences are compared to a road flare. Also, maybe the price difference.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

Quote Originally Posted by finallyME View Post
    I wonder what the size, weight and burn time differences are compared to a road flare. Also, maybe the price difference.
    I will see if I can acquire a road flare to compare it to.

thanks wingman for posting

They look good. The only issue I have is the cost. To order them online from Home Depot they work out almost $4 each before shipping. Say you order enough for free shipping; then they cost just over $3.80. At my local WM I can buy two packs of Orion flares for $4.88. These new ones burn five minutes each for just over $2.60, tax included. They look like a nice item but for the price I think the Orions are more appealing, and they claim to burn a fair bit longer.

They do look very compact, though. It's got that in its favor. It may be good for a survival fire kit if they're waterproof.
    Last edited by Phaedrus; 04-13-2012 at 12:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    They look good. The only issue I have is the cost. To order them online from Home Depot they work out almost $4 each before shipping. Say you order enough for free shipping; then they cost just over $3.80. At my local WM I can buy two packs of Orion flares for $4.88. These new ones burn five minutes each for just over $2.60, tax included. They look like a nice item but for the price I think the Orions are more appealing, and they claim to burn a fair bit longer.

They do look very compact, though. It's got that in its favor. It may be good for a survival fire kit if they're waterproof.
    I've been talking to the folks at Fire Puck quite a bit since I've done the review (and no I don't work or get any kickbacks from them I'm just a reviewer.). They are working on getting them into grocery stores. The first store chain is Fred Meyer. So you may see the price come down the more popular they get. They are also coming out with a new item in the near future that they want me to test and report back to them on. When that happens I will post a video. Thanks for watching and keep your eye out for this product I thinks its going to be everywhere once it catches on.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    Cool product, sorta a small road flare....
    Anyway, my attention span is about 2 and 1/2 min., just something to think about.......
    Here's a bit of additional information to clear up a few things about the Fire Puck. The Fire Puck is made of eco-friendly organic materials. A road flare has toxic fumes due to the sulfur in it. So you could start your bbq charcoal with is and it would be fine.

If the 'Puck is fairly waterproof it might make a good addition to larger emergency/survival kits.

The folks at Fire Puck told me to put it in a ziplock bag to protect it from moisture. But man I must say when you strike it that bad boy fire's up!

Wingman - I appreciate the video you did on this even though I don't think it's the right product for me. Not every test of field gear turns out positive and we often learn more from the negative tests than the positive ones. You probably saved some folks some money that might have otherwise purchased it and been disappointed. On the other hand, there may be those that think it's the bees knees and went out and bought it. So, good test or bad (depending on your view point), there's plenty to be learned and I appreciate you taking the time to make these.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Wingman - I appreciate the video you did on this even though I don't think it's the right product for me. Not every test of field gear turns out positive and we often learn more from the negative tests than the positive ones. You probably saved some folks some money that might have otherwise purchased it and been disappointed. On the other hand, there may be those that think it's the bees knees and went out and bought it. So, good test or bad (depending on your view point), there's plenty to be learned and I appreciate you taking the time to make these.
    We all learn from each other. Thanks for the feedback.