Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Doomsday Preppers

Blog Entries

Cool Well, since you asked...

Quote Originally Posted by JackJobe View Post
    I thought this board was for adults, not cruel children who believe they have all the right ideas and everyone else is stupid and these are the Senior members. (Do you have the courage to leave this posted and allow this discussion?)
    We have "cruel" children on here? Well if we ever do they don't last long. But we do have children. I didn't say that you were stupid, you just did some stupid things. That's MY opinion and I'm sticking to it. As a former Marine you should have a hide tough enough to handle criticism that isn't what you wanted to hear! Why go on there and let them make you look like a loon? They cut that show anyway they want. My wife is on another board where former participants have come on and stated how disappointed they were with the way it was handled. Have you seen your finished version yet? If not you may be in for a rude surprise. And, oh yeah, you better believe that there are a lot of "evil types" taking notes on all of this, not to mention the Feds!
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Jack, don't be too taken back that no one asked for your autograph, just because you were on TV, (haven't seen it).

What is presented to the world on a TV program isn't very important to those that are aware and prepared.....Just another TV show.

Let me know how you are doing in 10 years.......Oh yeah, Dec 21 2012.....Never mind.....
    Keep up the good work, Good luck....I do'no 'nutin 'bout no preps.......
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Well JackJobe - as I said - third times a charm. I'll leave the information about the show up in case anybody wants to view it, but you - my spamming friend - are gone. I suppose that based on your cruel children comments you really didn't plan on trying to engage in civil discourse anyway.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

As a Journalist "Doomsday Prepper" (S1E9 - Mar 27, 2012), I found this site while researching to make my own plan.

I'll be on TV this morning. Jack Jobe, Doomsday’s Super Bunkers (10:35am ET 3-7-12) Live.FoxNews.com What can “Urban Dwellers” do? Could you get there if you can afford one?

Thank You all for your wonderful advice and your concern, but I'd rather educate people than kill them. Don't ANY of you have anything constructive to add? Is your whole life about 'the negative', practicing to kill your family, friends and neighbors because you are too cowardly to teach them, AND being cruel and critical of people you don't know? I'd rather take the high road, build teams and communities. The Marine Corp taught me that. You can't hide in a War. Survival IS cooperation.

I thought this board was for adults, not cruel children who believe they have all the right ideas and everyone else is stupid and these are the Senior members. (Do you have the courage to leave this posted and allow this discussion?)

At 66, disabled and with a "city girl" wife, where am I going to hide? Answer this - do you honestly believe no one will find you and your plan is to kill them if they do? And I'm crazy!
    Well JJ, here's the thing. We have kinda built our own community here. We learn from each other and welcome anyone who wants to join. We do however, have some rules and you don't seem to be able or willing to follow them. You were warned and even told how to do what you want 'in the proper way', yet you continued to break the rules.

Oh well....I guess we won't learn anything from you, but you will still be able to learn from those here, if that is what you really seek.
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

I think Jack had a burr in his hong. Just in case you're lurking...Doomsday bunkers? Really? If you had said tornado shelters, well, okay. But doomsday bunkers? I have no need for one. But thank's for asking. I wonder if he has smoke alarms and fire extinguishers installed. I'll bet he just did a head slap and said, "Doh!".
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Blog Entries

Cool Well, since you mentioned it...

Quote Originally Posted by natertot View Post
    The show does make those who prepare look like they are one neuron away from the funny farm when we are in fact normal people.
    Some of you might remember the "party girl" who had all of those condoms and the cats. On one of my wife's forums she came on and said that she was offered by one of the idiot producers $1000 to kill one of the cats on camera! Don't tell me that it's not "managed!"
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Wow what I miss in here? Well the show is a joke, big surprise. Have seen some good ideas, and the guy from Maine had some really good skills that he was passing along to his kids. Most of them are stupid and dramatized. I expecially enjoyed the "seed" freak, and his shootout story. What a Dumb@$$.
    Alaska to Florida, for how long, who knows...

I have been watching this as well, and agree with you on the latest show. The "seed guy" is a moron.

Also, that is the second or third person that is all worried about a "polar shift". Maybe I am missing something, but with a polar shift, your compass would point to the south instead of the north. This will not cause earthquakes, hurricanes, volcanic eruptions nor athlete's foot.

The knuckle head from Maine teaching his little girl to take a gun away from someone holding it to the back of her head is going to get her killed.

It's my understanding that the Mayan calendar didn't have a leap day and a leap yr. So, according to the Mayan calendar, our age ended 7 months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    Jack, don't be too taken back that no one asked for your autograph, just because you were on TV, (haven't seen it).

What is presented to the world on a TV program isn't very important to those that are aware and prepared.....Just another TV show.

Let me know how you are doing in 10 years.......Oh yeah, Dec 21 2012.....Never mind.....
    Keep up the good work, Good luck....I do'no 'nutin 'bout no preps.......
    I had a compass, but without a map, it's just a cool toy to show you where oceans and ice are.

Quote Originally Posted by oldfatguy View Post
    Also, that is the second or third person that is all worried about a "polar shift". Maybe I am missing something, but with a polar shift, your compass would point to the south instead of the north. This will not cause earthquakes, hurricanes, volcanic eruptions nor athlete's foot.
    It will cause Rick's hong to give him a major wedgie!

Not so! I have lead in my azz, no ferous metals.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge47 View Post
    Some of you might remember the "party girl" who had all of those condoms and the cats. On one of my wife's forums she came on and said that she was offered by one of the idiot producers $1000 to kill one of the cats on camera! Don't tell me that it's not "managed!"
    Condoms and cats! Sarge you owe me a keyboard cause I just spewed on that one!

Default Doomsday preppers mistakes/ morons.

Not sure if there is already a thread for this. I just started watching and have already seen a few things that irritate me.

Showing them shoot .22s and dubbing in a high caliber rifle shot for them

Someone explain to me why if you were in a knife fight and stabbed you would rub a natural blood thinner (willow) on it?

Please post anything else from this show you've seen that just didn't make sense or bothered you....

Blog Entries

Cool Jack was on!

I'm one of the Proud, the Few and The Chosen ---> I'm an ex-Marine, stupid, money hungry, crazy, publicity seeking, Doomsday Prepper (S1E9 - March 27, 2012) Please - if I missed any of your other insults, please know I appreciate them.

First, there was no money. That's right - I haven't met any of the participants who were paid.

Second, you can pretend you are ready but no one knows what will happen. IF it is as bad as the "Solar Flares" (Carrington Effect) I was 'forced' to talk about on NatGeo, where do you think you can hide when 300,000,000 people flee the cities?

Third, I rather educate my family, friends and neighbors rather than kill them as dehydrated Zombies later. SO I'll be a face for reason rather than violence. I'll look for any opportunity to teach. Such as ......

Did Great “Old Time Radio” make you laugh and feel good?

The 'Red M&M' (George Bettinger is discussing Laughter & Life mixed with music - and guest appearance by “Doomsday Prepper” Jack Jobe ---- LIVE at 4pm est (2mst) TODAY on [URL="............................................. ....[/URL]

Let us make you smile. And Walk About Prepared! (tm)
    I don't know if anybody caught our short-lived member, Jack Jobe, on Doomsday Preppies...er...Preppers, however, true to form, they made him look foolish. Too bad he didn't live up to his word on welcoming our negative comments, as he states here. The dumbest thing on the show was when they showed him using the sling-shot as a "weapon of choice." Also stashing all the kitchen knives around the house, then allowing their "secret" locations to be filmed. Finally the training he gave his wife on using the knives. Most "bad guys" would have firearms so the knives would probably just tick them off, unless they die laughing of course! Also thought his "safe room" was poorly constructed!
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

So far it seems that everyone senerio has been different....from no oil....to volcano and everything in between.....

Who's correct?...Inquiring minds want to know?

I don't want to invest a couple of hundred grand on a underground bunker, and have a volcano....didn't work real well in Pompeii....

So when the experts do the rating for the "How likely ratio"..... is there a prize?.......How do the experts do the rating?

I just don't know........
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

It seems like thay all fixate on just one catastrophy, and it seems to rule their life and causes them to prep. I would think a true prepper with a good head on his shoulders, would simply prep for SHTF events no matter how big or small!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wildthang View Post
    It seems like thay all fixate on just one catastrophy, and it seems to rule their life and causes them to prep. I would think a true prepper with a good head on his shoulders, would simply prep for SHTF events no matter how big or small!
    Most do, it's the producers that have them narrow it down to one big catastrophe. That way it's easier to make the "prepper" look like a loon!
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

I like the show But I often say to myself I see where you live and a million others do to I see your stock pile and what your weakness maybe why would you put your self out there like that .I love the underground bunkers that are so lavish and all the things our homes have only thing is I am a poor person .I dont have that in my budget so yeah I have food and shelter and a ways to protect it and I dont tell all the people in the county were I live my family knows where to come and I am trying to work on water supply but be real dont tell the world were you live and what you got we might come and say hey I want to borrow a cup a cup a cup oh just get outta the way I will take it my selfLOL

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge47 View Post
    Most do, it's the producers that have them narrow it down to one big catastrophe. That way it's easier to make the "prepper" look like a loon!
    Yeah that sounds about right. And those people just fall right into the script and look like a bunch of tards. They must pay those people a lot of money for that!
    I honestly dont think they could give me enough money to be on that show!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wildthang View Post
    They must pay those people a lot of money for that!
    I honestly dont think they could give me enough money to be on that show!
    Actually they don't pay them anything! Can you believe it? I wouldn't go on that show either, but for nothing? Gimmie a break people!
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin