Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Important Is Water?

Default How Important Is Water?

We must consume 1 1/2 liter of water everyday.

80% of the world is covered by water or ice. Only about 20% is dry land.

97% of the water on earth is salty ocean and 2% is frozen. The remaining 1% is available to meet human needs.

If you're an adult, your body contains about 40 quarts or 10 gallons of water.

A man's body is 60-65% water. A woman's is 50-60% water.
    The human brain is about 75% water.

Muscle tissue contains a large amount of water. Fat tissues contain virtually no water. Men tend to have more muscle as a percentage of body weight while women have more fat.

You lose 2.5 to 3 quarts of water per day through normal elimination, sweating and breathing. If you exercise or live in a humid climate, you may lose another quarter.

It has zero calories and zero sugar, but a good drink of water can reduce hunger. Water also helps your body metabolize stored fats, helps maintain proper muscle tone, and helps rid the body of wastes.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kayos View Post

80% of the world is covered by water or ice. Only about 20% is dry land.

97% of the water on earth is salty ocean and 2% is frozen. The remaining 1% is available to meet human needs.

A man's body is 60-65% water. A woman's is 50-60% water.
    The human brain is about 75% water.

Muscle tissue contains a large amount of water. Fat tissues contain virtually no water. Men tend to have more muscle as a percentage of body weight while women have more fat.

You lose 2.5 to 3 quarts of water per day through normal elimination, sweating and breathing. If you exercise or live in a humid climate, you may lose another quarter.

It has zero calories and zero sugar, but a good drink of water can reduce hunger. Water also helps your body metabolize stored fats, helps maintain proper muscle tone, and helps rid the body of wastes.

WOW, Man Like I am totally blown'away dude, that is some heavy snot man, dude you be like real smart about this stuff. Heavy man, real heavy dude, I like get it WATER be GOOD, thats cool man, water right-on man, water heavy as in like Pint a pound the world around, man.......Eight pounds per gallon, man that's some heavy stuff......

Blog Entries

Cool It's like this...

Well Duh...! Hey guys, this dude is just posting "survival 101" stuff so's he can get his web-site in his signature plastered all over the place! So far he hasn't commited a bannable offense but if your looking for the perfect "Numpty Survival Knives" he's got 'em; hollow handled and all! Sheeesh!
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge47 View Post
    Well Duh...! but if your looking for the perfect "Numpty Survival Knives" he's got 'em; hollow handled and all! Sheeesh!
    Haaaaa Haaaaaa Haaaaa Haaaaaa Haaaaa Haaaaaa Haaaaa Haaaaaa!!!
    Stoooooooooop it, it hurts. Hey numpty, what'cha got for rotflmao syndrome. Makes my belly hurt, Haaaaa Haaaaaa Haaaaa Haaaaaa Haaaaa Haaaaaa!!!
    There is no greater solitude than that of the Tracker in the forest, unless perhaps it's that of the wolf in the wilderness.

Blog Entries

Cool Uh...Gee!

[or if your name is Beo, about a 5th of Jack ought to do it!]

80% of the world is covered by water or ice. Only about 20% is dry land. [Crap! All that water out there & you haven't drowned? Dang!]

[So...you're saying you CAN'T distill seawater to make it drinkable, is that right?]

[Or, in Rick's case, about 2 six-packs of bear & a dozen Twinkies!]

A man's body is 60-65% water. [unless you're an alcoholic!] A woman's is 50-60% water. [You haven't seen my ex!] The human brain is about 75% water. [Except yours which is 100% stone!]

[did you just call all women fat? Is that politically correct?]

[I lost a half-dollar once.]

It has zero calories and zero sugar, but a good drink of water can reduce hunger.[Man! I'm gonna pig out!] Water also helps your body metabolize stored fats, helps maintain proper muscle tone, and helps rid the body of wastes.

[Too bad it doesn't rid this site of Trolls & Spammers!]

I couldn't help it, honest! He had it comin'!
    Last edited by Sarge47; 01-11-2010 at 06:37 PM.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Hey, he forgot to mention all the bad stuff about water.

* Death due to accidental inhalation of water, even in small quantities.
    * Prolonged exposure to solid water causes severe tissue damage.
    * Excessive ingestion produces a number of unpleasant though not typically life-threatening side-effects.
    * water is a major component of acid rain.
    * Gaseous water can cause severe burns.
    * Contributes to soil erosion.
    * Leads to corrosion and oxidation of many metals.
    * Contamination of electrical systems often causes short-circuits.
    * Exposure decreases effectiveness of automobile brakes.
    * Found in biopsies of pre-cancerous tumors and lesions.
    * Given to vicious dogs involved in recent deadly attacks.
    * Often associated with killer cyclones in the U.S. Midwest and elsewhere, and in hurricanes including deadly storms in Florida, New Orleans and other areas of the southeastern U.S.
    * Thermal variations in water are a suspected contributor to the El Nino weather effect.

It also has some terrible uses:

* as an industrial solvent and coolant,
    * in nuclear power plants,
    * by the U.S. Navy in the propulsion systems of some older vessels,
    * by elite athletes to improve performance,
    * in the production of Styrofoam,
    * in biological and chemical weapons manufacture,
    * in the development of genetically engineering crops and animals,
    * as a spray-on fire suppressant and retardant,
    * in so-called "family planning" or "reproductive health" clinics,
    * as a major ingredient in many home-brewed bombs,
    * as a byproduct of hydrocarbon combustion in furnaces and air conditioning compressor operation,
    * in cult rituals,
    * by the Church of Scientology on their members and their members' families (although surprisingly, many members recently have contacted water.org to vehemently deny such use),
    * by both the KKK and the NAACP during rallies and marches,
    * by members of Congress who are under investigation for financial corruption and inappropriate IM behavior,
    * by the clientele at a number of bath houses in New York City and San Francisco,
    * historically, in Hitler's death camps in Nazi Germany, and in prisons in Turkey, Serbia, Croatia, Libya, Iraq and Iran,
    * in World War II prison camps in Japan, and in prisons in China, for various forms of torture,
    * during many recent religious and ethnic wars in the Middle East,
    * by many terrorist organizations including al Quaeda,
    * in community swimming pools to maintain chemical balance,
    * in day care centers, purportedly for sanitary purposes,
    * by software engineers, including those producing DICOM programmer APIs and other DICOM software tools,
    * by popular computer science professors,
    * by the semi-divine King Bhumibol of Thailand and his many devoted young working girls in Bangkok,
    * by the British Chiropractic Association and the purveyors of the bogus treatments that the BCA promotes,
    * by commodities giant Trafigura in their well-publicized and widely-known toxic-waste dumping activities in Ivory Coast,
    * in animal research laboratories, and
    * in pesticide production and distribution.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

Quote Originally Posted by FinallyMe
    Death due to accidental inhalation of water, even in small quantities.
    Ah, yes. Death from ingesting dihydrogen monoxide.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Ah, yes. Death from ingesting dihydrogen monoxide.
    Well, now you know where I COPIED all that stuff. Isn't copy and paste grand?

that reminded me of a story a guardsman i know told me.

after katrina he was sent to the superdome to help with security and such. when he arrived, refugees approached him, saying they had been desperately short on water.

looking around in dis-belief he exclaimed 'dude; there's water EVERYWHERE! it's why i'm here.'
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

Actually, no to the first part and oh, yeah, baby to the last part.

I didn't go looking for your source.

Actually, no to the first part and oh, yeah, baby to the last part.

I didn't go looking for your source.
    Here is the source. I love reading this site for the laughs. http://www.dhmo.org/facts.html
    At work, I am surrounded by chemists, so we all get a good laugh at it.

Ha! Now that right there is funny. I promise, I didn't know your source. Who'd a thunk out of all the lines you put up there I'd have chosen that one. Weird....

Ha! Now that right there is funny. I promise, I didn't know your source. Who'd a thunk out of all the lines you put up there I'd have chosen that one. Weird....
    Wait, you randomly put dihydrogen monoxide? That is awesome.

I really did. I just saw that first line and had the thought.

I remember reading an excerpt some place about a city council that had received a fax touting the problems of dihydrogen monoxide and how dangerous it could be. They even proposed a resolution to ban it within the city until someone finally realized they had been duped. I'll see if I can find that article. At least to find out what town it was.

Found it and I found an internet reference, too. It was Aliso Viejo, California.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...foolshoax.html

haha. now that is just 10 kinds of priceless. now it begs the question; how legitimate is that 04/01 NG article?
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

I actually read in the 2009 edition of The Bathroom Reader. That's where I first saw it.

Found it and I found an internet reference, too. It was Aliso Viejo, California.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...foolshoax.html
    so is that close to this county? http://www.acetj.com/videos/player.php?mediaID=3006