Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Man Woman Wild

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    It's a wonder that I made it all these years in the outdoors with out TV survivial shows and the interweb.
    Carry on.
    And to be fair you may not be as skilled/knowledgeable as you could be had you seen these things. Books/experience are fine but are limited to ones own set. To see experts actually do things and verbally share tips can be useful for anyone. Always have to keep learning.

Sorry, its tv so entertainment comes first. Even channels that are aimed more at education are focused more on entertainment to keep the viewer watching. If you were serious about education you wouldn't be watching the tv.

Also, you fail to realize one thing. Yes, HE is an expert, but SHE is NOT. He didn't fail, but rather than risking his wife's life for tv, decided to call it quits. I guess though, if it were you, to maintain credibility with a tv show, you'd let her die. It would do wonders for ratings at least. You would be in headlines all over the world. Now that is entertainment....

Quote Originally Posted by JPGreco View Post
    Sorry, its tv so entertainment comes first. Even channels that are aimed more at education are focused more on entertainment to keep the viewer watching. If you were serious about education you wouldn't be watching the tv.

Also, you fail to realize one thing. Yes, HE is an expert, but SHE is NOT. He didn't fail, but rather than risking his wife's life for tv, decided to call it quits. I guess though, if it were you, to maintain credibility with a tv show, you'd let her die. It would do wonders for ratings at least. You would be in headlines all over the world. Now that is entertainment....
    Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Ok first off you're making a lot of assumptions, second of all they were VERY close to rescue point, and I know they would of made in. They had water, and had only been out there a few days...they had shelter, fire that went out(but probably coulda got going again), and did get *some* food, but regardless neither of them was going to starve. You saying they would have died is a bit dramatic, while anythings possible, it seems unlikely in that time frame.

Third of all you don't know me bro, so don't make claims about what I would or wouldn't do. But I can tell you one thing, if I called myself an expert and I was getting the big bucks for a survivalist tv show, you better believe i'd "get'r done". Otherwise I have NO business being on said show, you can make all the excuses you want, but it is, what it is.
    Last edited by MichMetal; 05-08-2012 at 09:53 PM.

Let's keep the discussion focused on the issue, not on each other. Thanks.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Let's keep the discussion focused on the issue, not on each other. Thanks.
    I'm essentially "nobody" and I agree. This isn't about who's right and who's wrong, y'all.

Weve all got our opinions and while some might not be popular, it is what it is. I have picked up a tip or two on these shows and still think Ruths hotter than Cody.

Quote Originally Posted by Stairman View Post
    Weve all got our opinions and while some might not be popular, it is what it is. I have picked up a tip or two on these shows and still think Ruths hotter than Cody.
    What he said.........
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Blog Entries

Cool well now...

Quote Originally Posted by Stairman View Post
    Glad to hear it! However I think Bear's tush is cuter than Ruth's. To prove differently she needs to strip down and do push ups in the snow like Bear did! All in favor say aye!
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge47 View Post
    Glad to hear it! However I think Bear's tush is cuter than Ruth's. To prove differently she needs to strip down and do push ups in the snow like Bear did! All in favor say aye!
    Somehow that statement doesn't surprise me...........Just saying.......LOL

I dont watch many of those shows, and it is my opinion that you will learn more by taking a couple of primative camping trips, than all of those shows put together. Until you figure out how to really do the skills, you haven't really learned.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildthang View Post
    I dont watch many of those shows, and it is my opinion that you will learn more by taking a couple of primative camping trips, than all of those shows put together. Until you figure out how to really do the skills, you haven't really learned.
    Seems to be some discussion on that....but, Hey what do I know.....LOL....gotta go..... Rachael Ray is coming on....gotta learn how to cook.

Wouldn't bother to observe ("Bear's tush") even on a bet. I'd stand in line, for hours if need be, just to get a good look at ("Ruth's").

Hey, I'm old! Gotta take life's pleasures whenever, and from wherever, they may come.

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Rather than get P'd off at a TV show try looking at it like this.....It is best to go into the wilderness prepared because even the experts can run into problems and failures when they are not prepared.....which is really one of the points of all of these types of shows.
    And experts can run into insurmountable problems even when they ARE prepared... This is exactly why I prefer Man, Woman, Wild over the others. They don't seem to be afraid to show their problems, mistakes and failures.

[Climbing up on soap-box] Let there be no mistake. Survival is not a game, nor a hobby, nor a pastime, nor an adventure. Survival is danged difficult, terribly risky and awfully dangerous. It is not something that one walks into willingly. That's why it is called "Survival" and not "minimal-gear camping."

I get cold chills whenever I see or hear someone claiming survival as a "hobby". [Climbing down from soap-box, kicking it into the corner.]

-- Nighteyes

Blog Entries

Cool Well...

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Nighteyes View Post
    And experts can run into insurmountable problems even when they ARE prepared... This is exactly why I prefer Man, Woman, Wild over the others. They don't seem to be afraid to show their problems, mistakes and failures.

[Climbing up on soap-box] Let there be no mistake. Survival is not a game, nor a hobby, nor a pastime, nor an adventure. Survival is danged difficult, terribly risky and awfully dangerous. It is not something that one walks into willingly. That's why it is called "Survival" and not "minimal-gear camping."

I get cold chills whenever I see or hear someone claiming survival as a "hobby". [Climbing down from soap-box, kicking it into the corner.]

-- Nighteyes
    Mykel lost me when he forced Ruth to drink his urine. Then when I visited his web site I saw how he closed with the line "Happy survivalin'" The best episode was when the Hawkes were on the desert island and Ruth was out producing Mykel with the food gathering! Loved it. BTW, my reference to Bear's bare tush is about an episopde where he was in a sub-zero climate and jumped into a small body of freezing water to demonstrate hypothermia. He got out, stripped down, and began to do push-ups in the snowto regain body heat! Many of us are waiting expectantly for Ruth to do the same demonstration, right Hunter?
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Huh, really?....when?....what I miss?....must have been napping?.......

Mykel lost me when he forced Ruth to drink his urine.
    Thought I'd seen 'em all, but didn't see THAT one. In a word, BLECH!!! (Do you recall the episode number, Sarge?)

BTW, my reference to Bear's bare tush is about an episopde where he was in a sub-zero climate and jumped into a small body of freezing water to demonstrate hypothermia. He got out, stripped down, and began to do push-ups in the snowto regain body heat! Many of us are waiting expectantly for Ruth to do the same demonstration, right Hunter?
    I'm right there with ye on that one! In fact, we'd be tusslin' for the front-row-center seat...! Heck, I'm just OLD -- I ain't DEAD -- though one or both of ye lads might become such, should ye push me too hard in the midst of the tussle!

(Do ye BEGIN to understand why me eyes are brown, now? And do ye BEGIN to understand why the Blarney Stone was so diminished after me last trip to Ireland??? Though I be one-half Choctaw, I also be one-quarter Irish, and do ye not know what THAT signifies...?)

All in good fun,

-- Nighteyes
    Last edited by Daniel Nighteyes; 05-17-2012 at 08:18 PM.

Blog Entries

Cool Well...

Thought I'd seen 'em all, but didn't see THAT one. In a word, BLECH!!! (Do you recall the episode number, Sarge?) Though I be one-half Choctaw, I also be one-quarter Irish, and do ye not know what THAT signifies...?) All in good fun,

-- Nighteyes
    No, sorry to say that I don't. It was in their 1st season, I believe. Later Ruth got really sick and the back-up guys had to cheat and bring her bottled water. Mykel acted like it was something else that caused it other than his piss, but I tend to believe otherwise.

BTW, my wife is part Cherokee, part Crow, part Irish, and part German. Don't get her angry 'cause she knows where the scalpin' knives are!
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

BTW, my wife is part Cherokee, part Crow, part Irish, and part German. Don't get her angry 'cause she knows where the scalpin' knives are!
    You are a very wise man, Sarge.

Mine is Spanish, French, Irish and a bit of English. At 5' 11" she's only an inch shorter than I am. Wouldn't have it any other way!

-- Nighteyes
    Last edited by Daniel Nighteyes; 05-17-2012 at 09:38 PM.

Blog Entries

Cool well now...

Daniel, check out this tthread: http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...+Woman%2C+Wild Then start at post #38.
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

Blog Entries

Cool Right.....

You are a very wise man, Sarge.

-- Nighteyes
    And Mitchie the Kid said I wasn't an expert on survival! What does he know?
    Last edited by Sarge47; 05-17-2012 at 09:51 PM.
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin