Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: What did you do TODAY to be healthier?

Is it anything like Butter Buds? If so, I use it quite a bit and it works well. http://www.bbuds.com/
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Revamped our pantry diet and got my eyes examined.
    The key to immortality is not having a life worth living, but living a life worth remembering.
    - St. Augustine

A government big enough to give you everything you want,
    is strong enough to take everything you have.
    - Thomas Jefferson

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kris-C...6355540?ref=nf
    www.etsy.com/shop/KrisAndChrisPlaques
    www.politicsbykrista.blogspot.com

Powdered butter? They make powdered butter? I've never heard of it. I had to google it. Well I'll be darned. Who'd a thunk it?

I've got canned butter from MREDepot but I didn't know they made it in powdered for, too. Cool

Good stuff power butter. I cann my own real butter easy to do, and it last for years if kelp in dry cool place.

Is it anything like Butter Buds? If so, I use it quite a bit and it works well.
    Better than butter buds! It's use the same way. I buy it in the 2 lb. tin 1/2 cup plus 1/2 tablespoon, is equivalent to a 1/2 cup store bought butter... you can not rehydrate...

Oh, I thought you misspelled it. It really is Power Butter. I hadn't heard of that either.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Oh, I thought you misspelled it. It really is Power Butter. I hadn't heard of that either.
    Ok Ok Ok... It's powder, I did misspell.... So we are talking powder not power.. Hey I never say I was good at spelling. So for the record I'm not..... lol When you get to know me you will over look my misspelling....

Well, as it turns out there really is Power Butter.

http://powerbutter.com/
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Well, as it turns out there really is Power Butter.
    Well now that is something else we need to stock up on.... Nice to know there is power butter! But, I think I will stay with the real peanut butter and the powder butter...lol

Default Useful info for all

Being a vegetarian, I have a pretty good idea of various plant based nutrients but was particularly interested in protein and wanted to compile a more comprehensive list. In the course of my research beyond foods I normally consume, I came across this site and particularly this section that I found incredibly informative. It's all about protein, specifically where it comes from and how much.

http://www.vegparadise.com/protein.html#Charts

The charts shown use figures from the USDA Nutrient Database and list the protein content of the plant-based foods that comprise the vegetarian and vegan diets. I didn't know, for example that all plant foods contain protein and that it is protein that gives all plants their structure regardless of whether they grow upright or sprawl on a vine.

Considering everything we stock for a rainy day it might be useful to know what contains the most of what we nutritionally need.

Banned

Healthier... Nuttin, I have had the flu since last night and I am glued to the computer, sneezing and headache.....body aches....took there-flu and am higher than a kite.

Quote Originally Posted by OhioGrizzLapp View Post
    Healthier... Nuttin, I have had the flu since last night and I am glued to the computer, sneezing and headache.....body aches....took there-flu and am higher than a kite.
    And that's bad, how?

We picked-up one of those Vitamix blenders yesterday. Wife has been experimenting with it today. It cost a bunch, but in the long run I think it is worth it. She kills one of the top of the line brands (various ones) every year or so. If this one holds up for the warranty period (7 years), it will have more than paid for itself. I am not a big fruit and vegetable person (at least in variety), hopefully this will help change that a bit (at least when I am home).
    Have Lights? Thank a Lineman!
    "Being prepared is sometimes inconvenient, but not being prepared is always inconvenient." - Fred Choate

I only had one beer, one shot....I feel like breaking out in full song..... must be spring.

I'M OK the moment passed.
    “There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag … We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language … and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Ive been working out the past 3 months and changed my diet to the better.
    I grew 5 cm (2 inches) and put on 7.4 kg (16 lbs).

I believe im stronger than Rick now

Alaska, The Madness! 1stimestar's Avatar
    Little cabin in the woods, middle of Alaska.

Well now that I am back from working on the Yukon Quest, I am back to running almost every day, normally over 3 miles a day. But yesterday I took off to give some people a dog sled ride. We just got a huge amount of snow. Even though we ran the trails with the snow machine, twice, the trail was still really soft. So that was a lot of kicking, and pushing the sled. I didn't even have my coat on and was sweating. So yea, a good work out.
    Why do I live in Alaska? Because I can.

Alaska, the Madness! Bloggity Stories of the North Country

"Building Codes, Alaskans don't need no stinking Building Codes." Sourdough

Yes, I have wifi in my outhouse!

Same as every day, worked my butt off and watched what I eat. I am a one sandwich, two pieces of fruit (with a bottle of water) for lunch kind of guy. Seems to work, I still wear the same size clothes as in high school..I think I am healthier now then back then.
    Have you tried going Solar in Adelaide?

Yogurt with granola and berries for Bfast. 1 hr hike. Before 8 am.

Heading out to the gym for my cardio work out....here in a couple of minutes.....then rake leaves ....again.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

New to the forum but not to the concept:

I am nearly 70 years old. I work out 3 days per week (more or less) and walk extensively all the time. Our goal, once My Lovely retires, is to walk the Camino de Santiago de Compostella in northern Spain, beginning in France and continuing all the way to the Atlantic Ocean at Finisterre.

Am I old? Yep. I turn 70 in June.

Have I given in to the "limitations" of age? Not just 'no' but 'Hell-no!'

There will come a day, of course, but IT IS NOT THIS DAY....!

Happy Days,

Spooky Ol' Joe
    Last edited by Spooky Ol' Joe; 12-07-2015 at 06:24 PM.

I'll be getting my five year colonoscopy in a couple of hours. That WILL keep you healthy.