Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gas and fuel prices?

Default Gas and fuel prices?

SE Wisconsin.....$4.19 unleaded
    But Diesel is $4.01....... first time I've seen diesel lower than gas for a while........
    How y'all's looking?
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

CA, SF Bay area
    unleaded.....$4.22
    Diesel.........$4.84
    I know what hunts you.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    SE Wisconsin.....$4.19 unleaded
    But Diesel is $4.01....... first time I've seen diesel lower than gas for a while........
    How y'all's looking?
    Wow. I hope that trend continues. I filled up with diesel yesterday for $4.60 a gallon in Seattle. I average about $130-$140 a week on diesel. I don't know how much gas costs.
    Go Dawgs

New Jersey;

gas $3.57

diesel $4.20
    .45 ACP Because shooting twice is silly... The avatar says it all,.45 because there isn't a.46

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTs6a...eature=related

Indiana about $4.10 a gallon.

http://gasbuddy.com/
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

4.15 a gallon in northern michigan. Diesel I'm not sure but that reminds me, my granddad was a diesel fitter. He worked at a ladies clothing store and would hold up some bloomers and say "deswillfither".

In my part of the state about $3.85 for regular and about $4.20 for diesel. I'm in Tampa for a couple of days and saw regular as high as $4.15 on the trip.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Regular between 3.75 and 3.89
    Super is well over 4, somewhere in the 4.40 range.
    Diesel is steady at 4.01
    Heating oil is ridiculous. Somewhere in the 4.80 range. I'm damn glad it was a warm winter.
    Last edited by LowKey; 03-29-2012 at 09:44 PM.

Just passed the station.

3.83 for regular
    3.96 for super
    4.18 for diesel

Have you seen the price for kero? Last I paid was a few months ago and that was over 5.00.

All of which is a very good reason to be looking at natural gas as an alternative fuel. NG cost is at a 10 year low with stores 59% above the 5 year average and expected to grow. There is almost an inexhaustable supply of NG as well. Certainly enough to carry us through until some renewable resource can be perfected.

http://www.businessweek.com/ap/2012-03/D9TQ7L600.htm
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by natertot View Post
    Just passed the station.

3.83 for regular
    3.96 for super
    4.18 for diesel

Have you seen the price for kero? Last I paid was a few months ago and that was over 5.00.
    I'm glad I'm not driving my truck since I'm up at college! Would cost me 125 bucks to fill up! And she tends to be a bit thirsty....
    "Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing."
    Thomas Paine

Minimalist Camping: Enjoy nature, don't be tortured by it. Take as little as you need to be safe and comfortable.

If it gets any higher, I am going to trade in my Tundra on a 4 banger Tacoma!

Blog Entries

England.

Petrol(gas) = $9.40 US gallon
    Diesel = $9.64 US gallon.
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

Quote Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
    England.

I always wondered why you guys had such small cars and nothing too big!

Quote Originally Posted by randyt View Post
    4.15 a gallon in northern michigan. Diesel I'm not sure but that reminds me, my granddad was a diesel fitter. He worked at a ladies clothing store and would hold up some bloomers and say "deswillfither".

LOL....great job.

England.

I guess it got a get a little higher here before we really start whinning?

WOW

England.

Doesn't that also include a lot of taxes? I heard it pays for health care. Is that true? Do you know the break down of how much is gas and how much is other stuff?
    Go Dawgs

That's true here as well. A good portion of our cost is taxes and it depends on the state. According to the U.S. Energy Information Administration, 72 percent of what you pay at the pump covers the cost of crude oil. 12 percent goes for refining, 5 percent for distribution and marketing, 11 percent goes for local, state and federal taxes. Indiana's state excise tax is a flat 18 cents per gallon. But Indiana is one of about 15 states that also has a percentage-based sales tax on fuel. Diesel is close but less goes toward crude.

Scroll down to the little pump pictures.

http://www.eia.gov/petroleum/gasdiesel/

Senior Member Thaddius Bickerton's Avatar

when I win my mega millions I will be able to speed up my wood gas generator flat bed.

I bought some gas a couple weeks ago at like $3.60 Haven't bought any since then, and Daughter and Son are not handy to ask them. (I don't go as much as I once did, and usually walk or go with one of my older kids.)

I have a whole homestead and those of my neighbors and the mountains up behind them to walk in without needing any fuel.

If I could run up on a buggy or buckboard that I could afford I would try to get a mule or horse to pull it and use it to do my trips into town for supplies. We cut and baled the hay last two days before it rained this afternoon. (Early hay, but the hay fever was so bad I cut it just to thin it down a bit) Have an old pull behind baler to put em up. I don't much care for those rolled up bales.

I talked to a fellow that lives over past the co-op that says he can sell me all the coal I want by the ton, so I am gonna make me a place and get a bunch of it delivered. The wood gas generator can also use coal. and I dip out coke for the forge from what is left if I"m not mistaken. That is win win for me and oldest son.

I also have been told that it can pretty much run on any type of biomass that puts off gas, so may see what else I can try.

Well as usual i rambled off into my own novel, but I don't think gas around here has hit $4 yet or someone would have commented.

I do know a lot of people are hurting and it is getting to the point where a minimum wage job that has to travel any distance is almost not worth traveling to.

Banned

~ 3.60 -- Seen as low as 3.09 in Greeley -- high as 4.09 in Vail.