Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: Living in the woods/The Bare Wilderness Numptys!

Banned

Strange thread to post such a request in, dont you think ?

Numptys probably would make for good ratings.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Numptys probably would make for good ratings.
    Yeah but he isn't looking for numptys, he's looking for pros. Something just don't sit right, y'all.

We've had about 15 or 20 of this type post over the years (maybe a few less). Nothing has ever come of them, but as Chris pointed out this is the type of forum/place that one without resources would naturally look to recruit from. With the success of some of the shows on Discovery, I'm sure small (very small) outfits are cropping up all the time to try and ride that wave to the nearest Emmy party - or at least the bank.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

UM if he can afford to pay people for a TV show why cant he afford a real email address, Gmail is kinda like a hotmail addy , ya know what I mean.
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

Banned

Default RE: Cast Call

Hey guys,
    I can't provide more information because it's for a pilot, and thus there's no particular network attached yet. Also, we're using gmail BECAUSE it's so general, in that we don't want to specify which company we are. If I were trying to scam you guys, I would've asked for the your name, occupation, address, account number, social security number, etc. And I would've been some bank in Africa.
    But seriously, if you're interested, send us a picture and just a short paragraph about why you think you're a wilderness expert, and we'll go from there. What can it hurt?
    And I apologize for spamming a few threads. I have to get the word out. You might think companies would have more advanced ways of finding people, but seriously, this is how the REAL people are discovered.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by David.Crockett View Post
    Hey guys,
    I can't provide more information because it's for a pilot, and thus there's no particular network attached yet. Also, we're using gmail BECAUSE it's so general, in that we don't want to specify which company we are. If I were trying to scam you guys, I would've asked for the your name, occupation, address, account number, social security number, etc. And I would've been some bank in Africa.
    But seriously, if you're interested, send us a picture and just a short paragraph about why you think you're a wilderness expert, and we'll go from there. What can it hurt?
    And I apologize for spamming a few threads. I have to get the word out. You might think companies would have more advanced ways of finding people, but seriously, this is how the REAL people are discovered.
    You could always have a look at some of the Blogs here and read some of the posts, some of the Guys have youtube channel links in thier Sig file,,

BTW, How Much will this show pay ?

Well, he didn't respond to my request and he kept on coming. Guess he learned a bit about survival today.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

YOU should take basic tools,knife,axe,fire starter,reasonable gun,rice beans or taters and stay for one week a peace of 12x12 plastic might come in handy if you dont need these things dont use them. Be honest with yourself allways

I,m sure you could think of a small list of things that mite come in handy if you had to have them We all might learn from this If you dont need them dont use them I trust you guys Be careful take all precautions

Blog Entries

Cool Uh, Maker of fire....

This is a pretty old thread with quite a story behind it! The two guys didn't do very well & had to quit half way through; they came home wet, cold & hungry. We have it up as a warning for all the Numptys who want to be a "real man" by going out in the wilderness with nothing more than a knife & the clothes on their backs. Stupid is as stupid does.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

I bet they learned a thing or two as well.

this threads still going? wow haha
    Jesus is my king.

Blog Entries

Cool Hey Buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by ATough View Post
    this threads still going? wow haha
    So how you been? Long time no see. Did you Move? I was wondering what had happened to you.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

ive been good, just busy with work and promotions, but i did get to spend the last week hiking part of the AT in NC.
    Jesus is my king.

Blog Entries

Cool Well...

Welcome back! Didn't you used to live over on the East Coast?
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

I was gonna let it go 'cause it's too easy and all....but what the heck?

Did they move Florida?!
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

thanks sarge. hahaha and rick i'm pretty sure even after all the hurricanes we are still on the east coast.
    Jesus is my king.

Whew! Had me worried for a second.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by wareagle69 View Post
    look up www.aloneinthewilderness.com then read the book and but the video. it is the most inspiring story i have evr seen.
    Thanks for the link,,,, Interesting guy !

Here is the Documentary,, (It says full movie) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYJKd0rkKss
    Last edited by Justin Case; 09-25-2010 at 03:20 PM.