Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Want a sturdy bag

Default Want a sturdy bag

I'm searching for a good sturdy pack.I want something I can add to with pals webbing.I want sort of an in between 3 day bag and something that could hold enough to get thru a week if necessary,I would like some input on some good well built bags but don't want to spend a fortune.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by methit120 View Post
    I'm searching for a good sturdy pack.I want something I can add to with pals webbing.I want sort of an in between 3 day bag and something that could hold enough to get thru a week if necessary,I would like some input on some good well built bags but don't want to spend a fortune.
    I have some experience, and be able to help. However what is your price range??? Not really sure what your idea of "Lass" than a fortune is.

Which one of these threads do we post in? Is this the right one?

Hi thanks for helping me.I'm working with about 150 to spend on a bag,I may be able to put a little more if need to be,like an extra 25.I'd like a tactical style bag what is your thought on this?

Quote Originally Posted by methit120 View Post
    I've no experience with PALS since I don't do tactical gear...however, as a professional river guide I've used for the past decade the NRS Pargon Portage Pack with great success to which I've posted comments about on at another thread...

here's a link for pack....

http://www.nrsweb.com/shop/product.asp?pfid=2933

Banned

I've been to gun shows where someone is usually there selling bags to carry weapons like to a range. These bags are usually top quality triple strength nylon webbing, super strong, seversal internal pouches, just a damn fine bag. The price was over 300 bucks but worth it. I didn't buy it because I wanted it as a carry on bag for flying and as it would have been a great fit the price didn't add up to the use it would have gotten......I don't fly THAT much.
    In short, get to a gun show or look for bags on gun sites. I've also found in Army surplus stores and online bags used for tank repair tools, a little too small for me though.

I have a Rush 5.11 24 for a work bag and two 72 for GHB/BOB bags. I am greatly satisfied with them. I shopped around on the internet forums and found both 72 bags for just a little over $100.00 new with tags shipped. I have had no complaints at all with my bags. I used a Blackhawk STOMP Medial Bag for a while, but retired it back to a medial bag for which it was intended for. The yoke shoulder straps are comfortable and easy to get on and off on the Rush bags. Hope this helps.
    For those who fight for it, Life has a special flavor the protected never know.... Khe Sahn "68" Unknown Marine

Duluth Pack Company, Duluth, Minnesota Check them out. High quality, simple designs. Proven over the years. Great outfitter store
    Ride, Shoot Straight, and Speak the Truth.

Nothing , sorry !!!
    Last edited by welderguy; 02-03-2013 at 02:24 AM.
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

I'm pretty happy with my medium alice. I have made several additions to the basic pack but with frame, pack, additions, i'm still sitting less than $150 spent. Plus it is very versatile in that I can take it off the frame if I want a light day pack for hunting trips, frame it up for multi day hikes. I have added four coyote IFAK pouches on the sides to allow for more stowage.

Check out Condor Outdoor. I have been very happy with everything that I have gotten from them.
    "When young men seek to be like you, when lazy men resent you, when powerful men look over their shoulder at you, when cowardly men plot behind your back, when corrupt men wish you were gone and evil men want you dead; Only then will you have done your share." -Phil Messina

Quote Originally Posted by Highhawk1948 View Post
    Duluth Pack Company, Duluth, Minnesota Check them out. High quality, simple designs. Proven over the years. Great outfitter store
    Newer one are less expensive than the older one....

http://compare.ebay.com/like/1204784...Types&var=sbar
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Blog Entries

Default Hmmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    Newer one are less expensive than the older one....

http://compare.ebay.com/like/1204784...Types&var=sbar
    That bag better be filled with gold bars, that's all I can say! .....
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Yeah sorry, was a joke....but I couldn't resisit.....

That better haul my stuff, set up camp, start the fire, start supper, and open me a beer......Oh wait that's DW's job.........Bohahaha

Banned
    Blog Entries

A very good pack that will hold up with loads 130# to 200# is going to start at $700.00 and could go up to $1,400.00 with two different rain covers.

I just got a medium alice with frame for $46. I spent another $20 for extra pouches. Assembly will be later this week, but I can tell it'll be a good pack.
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

I bought a sierra designs Prophecy 35 liter a while back. Have been very happy with it. For me its the perfect size. I have some larger ones but they just don't do it for me like this one. The way it zips open and closes is the key. You can fit just about anything in it. They are showing 169$ on backcountry but you should be able to pick one up for around 100$ on ebay. It is super tough material and very light.