Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tattoos?

Question Tattoos?

Who here has tats? Whats the meaning behind them? When did you get it?

I know alot of you "old timers" :P were in the military and probably have some military related tats. so lets see them. heres my three

My first tat, my area code from san antonio texas. Good memories and bad memories here. this where I learned alot about my self, this is where i went to school, got an education about the streets, drugs, survival, responsibility, i learned everything here.

210.jpg

This is the tat I got in memory of my Mom. Before she passed away she ALWAYS wanted a daffy duck tattoo, She wanted it in the palm of her hand, so when ever she held out her hand for change in stores and restaurants , people would see it, she was an awesome 64 year old lol. So she never got it. So I got a tat of Daffy Duck for her in her honor. With my own touches added to it. The mohawk, since i listen to punk music and I have a mohawk. The 40oz, for the older fellas here, its a thing gangsters do "Pour some 40 out for my dead homies." It was my tat artist idea (the 40oz thing.) I love it and I know my mom would probably hate it lol but its for her and it reminds me of her everyday
    376075_268592636527876_100001314252529_656469_1239810085_n.jpg

And the angry birds. It resembles me and my gf, we love each other, and instead of names, which we both agree is not a good idea. we got angry bird tats. I got yellow and she got the red one.
    yelangry.jpg

heres another pic of my daffy duck without touch ups and background right when It got finished
    daffy.jpg
    Last edited by Kamel; 07-21-2012 at 02:51 AM.
    Dieing is easy, Living is the hard part.
    Rock the 40oz, its the change that counts.
    Life is a grave and I dig it.

Blog Entries

Cool Well, since you had to ask...

Quote Originally Posted by Kamel View Post
    Who here has tats? Whats the meaning behind them? When did you get it?

I know alot of you "old timers" :P were in the military and probably have some military related tats. so lets see them. heres my three

My first tat, my area code from san antonio texas. Good memories and bad memories here. this where I learned alot about my self, this is where i went to school, got an education about the streets, drugs, survival, responsibility, i learned everything here.

210.jpg

This is the tat I got in memory of my Mom. Before she passed away she ALWAYS wanted a daffy duck tattoo, She wanted it in the palm of her hand, so when ever she held out her hand for change in stores and restaurants , people would see it, she was an awesome 64 year old lol. So she never got it. So I got a tat of Daffy Duck for her in her honor. With my own touches added to it. The mohawk, since i listen to punk music and I have a mohawk. The 40oz, for the older fellas here, its a thing gangsters do "Pour some 40 out for my dead homies." It was my tat artist idea (the 40oz thing.) I love it and I know my mom would probably hate it lol but its for her and it reminds me of her everyday
    376075_268592636527876_100001314252529_656469_1239810085_n.jpg

And the angry birds. It resembles me and my gf, we love each other, and instead of names, which we both agree is not a good idea. we got angry bird tats. I got yellow and she got the red one.
    yelangry.jpg

heres another pic of my daffy duck without touch ups and background right when It got finished
    daffy.jpg
    No tats, thank you very much! If they won't wash off they don't go on!
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

haha, and you were the main guy i thought that would have some

My lab/shop partner in HVAC tech school, was into tats, blue hair, and piercings...and was about 18 years old.

We drew numbers to come up with 8 teams of 2, for classes.

I was in my 50's at the time, back for a re-train, and finish a degree I had started in the '60's....

So he was my partner, and the first thing he asked was...."So old man, do these piercing and hair and such bother you?".....

I just laughed and told him, "No, if I still had hair, I might do mine the same way....used to wear it down my back.....and as far as the piercings go, ..I thought the goal was to leave this world with the same number of holes you came in with...extra ones are generally bad....But at least the tats will help identify the body"

I added, "You aren't gonna get a job looking like that, our goal here,..servicing units for little old ladies......Make a statement however you want....but most people don't respond well,..... Up to you Dude, I could care less, go for it".
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Yah, its true, my tats are easily concealed. and im not into piercings, too much maintenance

Hey go for it man, whatever flips your switch.....But no....I don't 'rock" them....LOL
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

I have a single large Tat.
    Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    I had a compass, but without a map, it's just a cool toy to show you where oceans and ice are.

I have a japanese sleeve on my left arm( its what I always wanted). 3 on my right arm ( just some that I liked). Couple on my back( one has no meaning but the other one is my first one and my dad has the same one on his arm). And my AKS 4-2-1012 on my leg for my brother who passed away in a car wreak this year! Have some pics but not on my laptop right now.
    Yor are only a failure when you stop getting back up!
    I'm not a hoarder........ "I'M A COLLECTOR"

Putting tats on that give away your ID or service training is a bad idea for active service members. Sailors back in the old days would do it to remember various ports of call and such, and after one is out, getting tats is a way to recall special times and good friends. But a lot of guys still won't ink themselves no matter how long they are out.

I personally have a firebird on one shoulder blade, a celtic knot, and a series of letters and numbers on my left forearm that are significant to myself and a girl I once loved. No one else would know what they meant, but we did. I don't have any service oriented tats though.

A buddy of mine who is a marine and served in Iraq showed me his 'Meat tag' tat once and I found it a sad and disturbing reminder of the kind of war we are fighting now. Rather than discouraging tats, the military now has a lot of kids getting these dog-tag tattoos on their chests, sides or abdomens so that they can be identified if they are blown up by IEDs and are unrecognizable by other methods. I can't imagine being 70 and having that on my ribs as a reminder of the war. Glad that came up long after my time.
    "A free citizenry should never abide a government that seeks control over it's people rather than service to them"

All my tats are in my brain.
    I understand their significance...but mine are for me only. I prefer to be a blank slate for everyone else.

Even as a teen I was adamant to not have "distinguishing marks" and still is................................................ .................
    ---------------------------------------------
    Thanks,
    Tres
    Website has been updated for 2012!! http://wildernessmeans.com/

NOTE: I'm a machinist, gunsmith, writer, and instructor of many outdoor topics looking for gainful employment in any geographical cool place to live. Resumes posted on website.

John 14:6
    Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

No tats on this guy. If I ever did get one, it would be my navy rate symbol with "In God I Trust, All Others I Track" around it.

I have thought a few times of putting my Name, DOB and blood type on an inside ankle, just in case of emergency. Probably won't do it though.

To be honest, I'm kinda chicken when it comes to needles!
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

Quote Originally Posted by TresMon View Post
    Even as a teen I was adamant to not have "distinguishing marks" and still is................................................ .................
    What about scars?

I have two tattoos and a bunch of scars. The tattoos don't have much meaning. They were done between 12 and 15 years old with a single needle with thread wrapped around it.

The scars tell the stories...

Quote Originally Posted by natertot View Post
    I have thought a few times of putting my Name, DOB and blood type on an inside ankle, just in case of emergency.
    Mr. B & I have recently got our Road IDs which I highly recommend:
    https://www.myroadid.com/WhatIsInteractiveID.aspx
    We wear our bracelets every time we run, ski or are alone and without any other ID.
    It's worth considering...

I have 6 all native american themed but one. I'm 1/2 cherokee.
    If by what I have learned over the years, allow me to help one person to start to prepare. If all the mistakes I have made, let me give one person the wisdom that allows them to save their life or the life of a loved one in an emergency. Then I will truly know that all the work I have done will have been worth every minute.

no tats on me although I have a distinguishing scar on my upper lip that prevents me from growing a nice mustache. It especially shows up with a 5 o-clock shadow.

There will come a point in your life when you don't care about what anyone knows or thinks about you.
    When you're comfortable in your own skin with nothing to prove, is when you've finally arrived.

Blog Entries

Cool Well...

Quote Originally Posted by Kamel View Post
    haha, and you were the main guy i thought that would have some
    well, if it makes you feel better, my son, the retired Marine, has several and is adding more later on. AS for me I don't like needles and don't like sticking out in a crowd. I have many Christian friends, however, that have tats, and if it works for you, then okay.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by BENESSE View Post
    There will come a point in your life when you don't care about what anyone knows or thinks about you.
    When you're comfortable in your own skin with nothing to prove, is when you've finally arrived.
    Agreed,somewhat,I have so many scars,it is unreal,I'm not talking small unnoticible either,and most of them don't bother me but 2 of them do,and one of them I lie about when asked what happened my reply is "a shark bit me when I was a kid" it's easier than the truth.
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

I hear you, sister!
    Who gives a flying hoot what they think? Just say it, and don't look back.