Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: Alone Season 2 on History Channel

Quote Originally Posted by DSJohnson View Post
    Thank you Hunter. I just got back from a 13 day Road trip Hunter. Rocky Mountain National Park, Teton National Park, Yellowstone NP (4 nights in the park) Mt. Rushmore. Saw Moose, a grizzly bear, a big black bear, couple of thousand buffaloes (Yeah I know..Bison...yeah right) Elk, Antelope, Blacktail deer, Eagles, Pelicans, Swans, Snow Geese and just a few people.......okay maybe like a kazillion people... 4800 miles on the Yukon. 5 adults and one 11 year old female. "And a good time was had by all"
    Sounds like a terrific trip!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    PM sent........enjoy.
    OK.. now I'm intriqued.. Please kindly send me a PM for "the other side" (Is it the DARK side??) Based on my own personal philosophy I suspect I'd enjoy reading his thoughts. Not to mention another site/board to waste time reading on!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by NJHeart2Heart View Post
    OK.. now I'm intriqued.. Please kindly send me a PM for "the other side" (Is it the DARK side??) Based on my own personal philosophy I suspect I'd enjoy reading his thoughts. Not to mention another site/board to waste time reading on!! LOL
    PM sent....LOL.....enjoy.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Quote Originally Posted by NJHeart2Heart View Post
    its a really good site but this site is more like family

Quote Originally Posted by Grizz123 View Post
    its a really good site but this site is more like family
    It is until you disagree with one of the "regulars". Many have been banned for expressing an opinion contrary to the herd mentality.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    It is until you disagree with one of the "regulars". Many have been banned for expressing an opinion contrary to the herd mentality.
    hey, I resemble that remark

Well, haven't been banned yet, but get regular warnings.......as there are time I can't contain my self.....
    This is home, and is more of a family, ...."there" is a business, that doesn't tolerate a disturbance in the force.

So like I said...I don't advertise them and only pasted along the info as a favor to our "family"....in a PM.

Since finding this site I don't visit many other forums. I find most of what I need right here. I would like to read David's comments so please include me in the PM. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lfos847 View Post
    Since finding this site I don't visit many other forums. I find most of what I need right here. I would like to read David's comments so please include me in the PM. Thanks
    PM sent..........

Other forums?! Don't make me Tae Kwon Do you!

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Practicing for that Lord of the Universe thing I see.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Awww Rick, Rick, Rick.....
    Some folks may need the help, picking out the Best shoe laces, The Best bunch of sticks.....and The magic of Fatwood.....That come for the deepest darkest special secret places.......The cheap crap (Not my description) from Menards for a $1 buck a pound isn't good enough.

And don't forget to "LIKE" every and anything in sight......Major ashkissin' is expected and graded......
    Y'all have fun....

And above all --- don't criticize their favored knife maker (I didn't) who raffles off (you have to pay for a raffle ticket) spots to get on his wait list.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    And above all --- don't criticize their favored knife maker (I didn't) who raffles off (you have to pay for a raffle ticket) spots to get on his wait list.
    And the two biggest makers don't even get their knives used but put in a safe.

I stopped going there as much because of all of the "stuff" they started doing and treating their members. Haven't posted since December 2014.
    What's so crazy about standing toe-to-toe saying I am?
    ~Rocky Balboa

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    I am waiting to see how long it takes for someone to pick an extra tarp and use it completely for water gathering.

Rains 2 days out of three, so wet you can't start a fire with a road flare, but everyone is dehydrating for lack of drinking water when all they have to do is dig a hole and spread a tarp.

I would also like to see someone build a real shelter. No one has done that yet. They throw together an "overnight survival hut" and fight the wildlife until they whine out and go home.

If you are staying in bear/wolf country for the long haul why not take a couple of days to build a real trapper's cabin and use the tarp for a roof instead of the whole shelter. What else do you have to do for the next two months?

I wonder how many of them packed on an extra 20 pounds for this effort? That was what the last winner attributed his success too. An extra 20 pounds will give you 2 weeks mobile food reserve.

I'm good for a month myself.
    You're kidding, right? a couple of days to build a cabin, with nothing but axe and saw, by yourself? 2 weeks, maybe, a very small one. They are not allowed to cut green trees on Vancouver. Finding a stand of dead trees, close to the shore that is your only shot at feeding yourself? not gonna happen. What are you eating while you waste 4000 calories per day on this cabin? Having a cabin will not prevent those wusses from wussing-out. That cabin will take 15 lbs of your body weight and it wont feed you. The ones who just use a small, portable tent shelter are the smart ones. The ones who waste a month on building something elaborate are the screwups.

I guess I'm just anti-social, cause being alone doesn't bother me a bit, and yes I do mean for months at a time. I don't think it bothers the competitors as much as they say it does, either. They are just trying to cover up the fact that they can't feed themselves properly and the lack of calories, especially carbs, is depressing, leads to bad decisions, etc.