Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Boston marathon

Blog Entries

Boston Marathon Bombing: What the Suspects' Arsenal Reveals

"The New York Times identified the rifle as an M-4 carbine, a weapon capable of firing in multi-bullet bursts."

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2013/04...rsenal-reveals
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

He had a 9/11 party. Does that say something for you liberals?

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    The suspension of Miranda for "public safety" stemmed from a 1980 case and has been through the courts already. http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/pu...1/legal_digest
    Argue current case is distinguished from said case as the threat was imminent. While possible explosives hidden which might be triggered at a much later time are outside the contemporaneous bubble danger existing in that of the Quarles case, Namely that a loaded gun which may be picked up by any passer by, including children.

Constitutionality of laws relies heavily on time and scope. His lawyer simply need to distinguish this case from any precedent.

Or they simply ask him questions they don't care are inadmissible in court. I still don't like the idea of suspension of rights of a citizen. Even when the crime is this obviously heinous.
    I'm seeing new photos in the paper from the marathon day showing much clearer images of these two guys than the two or three the FBI showed earlier when asking for ID...maybe they have all the incriminating evidence they need and those photos were just to flush them out.
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant

Quote Originally Posted by Davidlastink View Post
    Argue current case is distinguished from said case as the threat was imminent. While possible explosives hidden which might be triggered at a much later time are outside the contemporaneous bubble danger existing in that of the Quarles case, Namely that a loaded gun which may be picked up by any passer by, including children.

Constitutionality of laws relies heavily on time and scope. His lawyer simply need to distinguish this case from any precedent.
    No wonder y'all are shot first.
    Last edited by rebel; 04-22-2013 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
    Or they simply ask him questions they don't care are inadmissible in court. I still don't like the idea of suspension of rights of a citizen. Even when the crime is this obviously heinous.
    I'm seeing new photos in the paper from the marathon day showing much clearer images of these two guys than the two or three the FBI showed earlier when asking for ID...maybe they have all the incriminating evidence they need and those photos were just to flush them out.
    Those clearer photos are actually from a guy here in Jacksonville. He ran the race and took a few pics with his I Phone and then uploaded them to his Facebook page. He was later contacted by the FBI. http://www.clickorlando.com/news/Jac...q/-/index.html

This also shows that the data mining software is pretty danged advanced, which as an "unrelated" thought reminds us to not post things that you wouldn't want the rest of the world to read.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

That and these sites are watched closely and included in every basic watchlist. Also sites on anarchy, piracy (swashbuckler and data) lots of "ify" sites.

Also usually the first people to stand up for right or wrong are the first shot. C'est la vie, or end to it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    This also shows that the data mining software is pretty danged advanced, which as an "unrelated" thought reminds us to not post things that you wouldn't want the rest of the world to read.
    You ain't kidding. I posted a comment about caviar on RandyRhoads sturgeon thread, and the next thing I see at the top of the Forums page is this:

Red-Caviar.com High Quality Red Caviar Easy online ordering. Fast Shipping www.red-caviar.com
    Last edited by Ken; 04-23-2013 at 12:47 PM.
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

Yum salty balls of water goodness. That will land u in gitmo be careful. You wont be charged or mirandized because you are an enemy of the state and support Russian supremacy.

The bombers' mother may have had a big influence on her sons. Thanks mom.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rebel View Post
    Shhhh. She's already angry enough. Didn't you read that her husband said they may sue us?
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

I just saw on the news tonight that it is suspected they obtained their explosives by breaking down hundreds of dollars worth of fireworks they had purchased just a few weeks ago.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Blog Entries

".....did you know Mrs. Tsarnaev has an outstanding criminal warrant against her? The mother defaulted last October on charges of larceny and malicious destruction of property resulting from a June 2012 shoplifting arrest at Lord & Taylor at the Natick Mall."

http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion..._welfare_state
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    ".....did you know Mrs. Tsarnaev has an outstanding criminal warrant against her? The mother defaulted last October on charges of larceny and malicious destruction of property resulting from a June 2012 shoplifting arrest at Lord & Taylor at the Natick Mall."

http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion..._welfare_state
    Any reward money for bringing her in? $$$$$ I'll throw in a few bucks for a video of her being tazed and hog tied.

Blog Entries

Any reward money for bringing her in? $$$$$ I'll throw in a few bucks for a video of her being tazed and hog tied.
    I still prefer the old methods.
    Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

I like the nick names they gave the two terrorist.

Speed bump and flash bang.

Quote Originally Posted by Davidlastink View Post
    " ...
    Wonder how in the heck they will provide an impartial jury of peers..."
    Just as a point of information, there is no mention in the U.S. Constitution's Bill of Rights about "a jury of one's peers."

ARTICLE SIX: "In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial , by an IMPARTIAL jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed..."

Afterall, if an accused were to have the Rigt to a "jury of his peers," the Boston Bomber's jury would be composed of twelve radical Muslim terrorists from Chechnya.

Kinda like O.J. Simpson. His "jury of peers" would have been twelve black, professional football running backs.

As I said, just a point of information.

S.M.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to gain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

- Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790),U.S. statesman, scientist, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

I don't even own a pier. I'd be in big trouble.

I'm impartial. I could be on the jury. I think he should receive a fair trial before we hang him.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

I'm with you, Ken. Here's how the moderators handle folks that disagree with them. The lucky ones just get banned.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

They should use the choke pear on the wrong end and then light some fireworks and see if they come out the right end.