Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hats

Default Hats

Why the hat band and head band? Any historical need? Seems like a neck tie.

Banned

to absorb sweat?

Hat band to tuck stuff into and look cool.....inside head band to keep sweat off the felt or silk.....
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Let me see if I've got it, underarm sweat stains are OK. A head sweat stain is not?

Quote Originally Posted by rebel View Post
    Let me see if I've got it, underarm sweat stains are OK. A head sweat stain is not?
    Right.....

LOL. You gotta appreciate that. Unless you haven't been there.

O.o

What's wrong with underarm sweat stains?!!??!
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfVanZandt View Post
    O.o

What's wrong with underarm sweat stains?!!??!
    Nothing...it's just head sweat runs in you eyes and burns.......usually when you have your hand full.

Hmmmm. I wonder if they make sweat bands for hongs.

Depends.......

Now that right there is funny......predictable, but funny. I don't care who you are.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Yeah, I know.....had to do it....pitch gets up in the zone........Smack it over the fence.

You know, one of my first lessons in appreciating diversity came from my lack of appreciation of some of the "gaudy fads" of the Black community. My education started when I started developing friendships with some Black folks.

Black guys wearing shower caps in public was the first and I thought it was downright ridiculous until I actually asked a friend why he did it and he explained that if Black people's hair dried out, it turned white. Suddenly it made sense.

Which brings me to do-rags. I used to think they were absolutely one of the worst fashion statement I had ever seen until I got very tired of wiping sweat out of my eyes one hot, humid, Alabama summer hike and I took off my t-shirt, twisted it up part way, and tied it with the rest over my head and down the back of my neck. I never made fun of anyone wearing a do-rag again.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

When Rick sweats in his hong, does it get in his eyes...............

Which brings me to do-rags. I used to think they were absolutely one of the worst fashion statement I had ever seen until I got very tired of wiping sweat out of my eyes one hot, humid, Alabama summer hike and I took off my t-shirt, twisted it up part way, and tied it with the rest over my head and down the back of my neck. I never made fun of anyone wearing a do-rag again.
    We call them.....take your pick....Do Doo Rag, Biker Helmet Liner, Skull Cap, head scarf, motorcycle Bandana, Turban, Alopecia Head Covering, welders cap, barcarva....many names and ways.

Scull cap, or bikers bandana helps with a hard hat, for sweat and keep it on your head when working over head.....

Quote Originally Posted by wildthang
    When Rick sweats in his hong

I hate to be picky and a spelling cop but sometimes a slight error makes a big difference. I'm sure you meant, "sweets in his hong".

Aye, Hunter. I began associating with the bikers much later in life.

Aye, Hunter. I began associating with the bikers much later in life.
    I hear ya.....I don't claim to be one....dirt bikes and ATV are more my style..........

Heh. Actually, I'm only an honorary biker. I had a Virago for about 2 months before I realized that it was too expensive for me to have both a motorcycle and a van, and I had to have something I could sleep in. I was one of the founding members of the Christian Motorcycle Association chapter for Montgomery, Prattville, and Selma in Alabama. I was one of three members I knew that were, in fact, not bikers.

I've always figured there were two kinds of bikers in this world. Those that have gone down and those that are going to. I never wanted to be in either camp. Now a three wheeler could get me talkin'.