Thread: Hello the fire

Default Hello the fire

My name is Dave and I have been sober....no wait...wrong group. I miss you guys. I got a private message from the board so I thought I would check it out. Turns out it was from some (I am sure) sweet lady who wants me to email her so we can get to know each other.
    Status update: DW is going good, both the kids are good, 6 granddaughters, three grandsons, 3 great granddaughters all seem to be doing as well as we can hope for. I took a new job a while back. I am now the "Director of Emergency Management" for a rural county in south central Oklahoma. 29,000 population. 10 rural fire departments (Volunteer), 2 "Combination Fire Departments" (part paid part volunteer)8 school districts, 7 Towns/Communities, 5 nursing homes, 9 group homes, no hospitals, 5 EMS districts, a US Interstate divides the county north to south, The Burlington Northern, Santa Fe does also. Learning lots of new tricks, not camping as much as I want but still thinking about it all the time. Keeping my kit up and staying ready. Just Checkin' in. It is so good to see so many usernames I know still here. God bless and keep y'all. As Thanksgiving is near I will say I am very thankful for this community of individuals. I value your perspectives, experience, insight and wisdom.

Dave
    Last edited by DSJohnson; 11-22-2019 at 06:45 PM.

Welcome back to the fold. Please let us know if you're ever in FL. We would love to camp with you. Tony

Welcome back, Dave.

There seems to be a lot of private messaging going on. If any of you are receiving unwanted or inappropriate PMs just let Crash or me know.

Glad to see you back. The lady in question has been bannished back to her spam laden lair.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Hey, from one old missing member to the next... welcome back!
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein

Blog Entries

Welcome BACK I think? to the Wilderness Forum and can I ask what have you learned about Survival today? Have you taken Sergeant Safari, Survival Wilderness Survival Quiz as yet? a good idea to take it as a new member and then say six months to a year test your skill levels. You can find a link on the bottom of the main forum page. Good Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by DogMan635 View Post
    can I ask what have you learned about Survival today?
    Today I have learned mostly all about filling out PEOSHA OK 300 forms. However I have practiced my situational awareness all day because I have to be in Oklahoma City all day. Then I practiced some ICS skills on two different small wild-lands/grass fires.

I will take the quiz but I have to tell you I am kind'a quizzed out...but it should be interesting and entertaining.
    Last edited by DSJohnson; 12-06-2019 at 12:00 PM. Reason: correct spelling

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DSJohnson View Post
    Today I have learned mostly all about filling out PEOSHA OK 300 forms. However I have practiced my situational awareness all day because I have to be in Oklahoma City all day. Then I practiced some ICS skills on two different small wild-lands/grass fires.

I will take the quiz but I have to tell you I am kind'a quizzed out...but it should be interesting and entertaining.

I must say you have me rolling on the floor and laughing out loud. YES, I understand all too well FORUMS and when you ask for one which should have been completed, no one can find it anywhere. Sounds like you have a lot going on and maybe more than you want at times. Being on the move and that should tell you that you're needed. All in all a good thing. YEP, wildfires can be a pain, just keep that situational head off your shoulders on a swivel so as not to lose any trucks in a Grass Fire as that would be another form to complete. I also performed duty at HQ-Hammond, LA during Katrina 2005, Incident Command System/Center. I would Brief and debrief's team leaders. I do understand, reports are a necessary headache. BUT YOU LOVE IT.

Stay well be safe and keep warm.
    Thanks, I needed a bit of levity today
    Last edited by DogMan635; 12-06-2019 at 08:52 PM.
    The Wilderness for myself has always been a place, I can escape to and discover my stronger self. A true builder of self-confidence and skills, I never knew we're possible within me to achieve. A tough taskmaster breakdown my self-limits and barriers. I have overcome and found my inner self, leaving behind only the old skin, blood, and sweat, having won a newer stronger self. The Wilderness shows me a better reflection of myself.
    by Dogman.