Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Doomsday Preppers

But Hey, you get to come on forums like this one and say..."Whooo look at me, I'm a TV star, ain't I cool?...Want my autograph?
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    But Hey, you get to come on forums like this one and say..."Whooo look at me, I'm a TV star, ain't I cool?...Want my autograph?
    Only if you don't get banned first.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Yeah, I just watched the one with that Jake Jobe guy. When my grandma told me that too much TV can melt your brian, I think she was referring to that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by natertot View Post
    Yeah, I just watched the one with that Jake Jobe guy. When my grandma told me that too much TV can melt your brian, I think she was referring to that guy.
    Who is Brian? Did I already melt mine, I hope he is okay.... lol JK
    "Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing."
    Thomas Paine

Minimalist Camping: Enjoy nature, don't be tortured by it. Take as little as you need to be safe and comfortable.

See Sparky, It really does get melted! JK. Alot of times, I type too fast and don't proof read before I hit that post button.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildthang View Post
    It seems like thay all fixate on just one catastrophy, and it seems to rule their life and causes them to prep. I would think a true prepper with a good head on his shoulders, would simply prep for SHTF events no matter how big or small!
    WT, you're absolutely right. During my stint in emergency management, we stressed the "All Hazards" approach and go on from there.
    When Wealth is Lost, Nothing is Lost;
    When Health is Lost, Something is Lost;
    When Character is Lost, ALL IS LOST!!!!!!!

Colonel Charles Hyatt circa 1880

I haven't watched very much at all. What I've seen has been a bit way out there for me. As for Jack? I can only offer two suggestions. 1. Lose the hat. 2. Wear a tie. You're on TV for cryin' out loud.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydZ4Hml3oZk

Secrets to surviving 2012? Isn't that about the same strategy we used to survive 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008........
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Blog Entries

Cool And..........

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I haven't watched very much at all. What I've seen has been a bit way out there for me. As for Jack? I can only offer two suggestions. 1. Lose the hat. 2. Wear a tie. You're on TV for cryin' out loud.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydZ4Hml3oZk

Secrets to surviving 2012? Isn't that about the same strategy we used to survive 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008........

...and Y-2K, remember?
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Jan 2000 was good time to buy used generators....bought 2 at a couple hundred bucks each....never used.....
    Wonder if the mre's are still good...?
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27