Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Here's your chance.....

Blog Entries

Cool Yup!

This thread is a great way to get away from all the political speculation that's been posted by certain members, one with the appropriate initials: "B.S.", BTW.

I've enjoyed reading what's been written so far but wonder if anybody can come up with an actual "outdoor" scenario. You know, something that perhaps you might use to train a group of Scouts? An actual program that would immediately transfer to an outdoor program.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Starving Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Bibow View Post
    gray wolf that is what i always carry hunting. i forgot to add a small piece of tinfoil though
    No, guys. The tinfoil is used to fashion a hat to protect you from big brother's brain wave reading devices...
    Dennis K.
    Not all who wander are lost.
    www.AnthemBrass.com

Blog Entries

Cool Party's over!

So okay, I gave everybody their shot & a few of you took it seriously, most either never responded or turned it into a BS session. So go to my latest Blog:

http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...blog.php?b=153

Read it, think about it, then come back to this thread to post your answers.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

CRASH you aint rite.

Quote Originally Posted by Runs With Beer View Post
    CRASH you aint rite.
    Whad I do this time?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Sarge - I'm not sure what you're looking for here. Are you asking us what things we would be looking for as an instructor and how we would grade them?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Blog Entries

Cool Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Sarge - I'm not sure what you're looking for here. Are you asking us what things we would be looking for as an instructor and how we would grade them?
    Yes...yes...yes...I'm NOT looking for another "Forum Scenario" like we've had in the past, but a real-life, "hands-on" field-test of survival skills & knowledge. Also left out the weather situation, so assume that it's moderate weather which may or may not include rain.
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

Well, here goes......Since this is an evaluation for beginners, the scenario that I give them is: You are all lost and the bus has run out of gas. Here are the things that I am looking for - how they perform as a group and the plan that they formulate. Collectively they have the skills to survive, or even thrive so I want them working as a team and not individuals. I want to see who emerges as a leader. Some things that I expect are calmness since they have done all of their pre-trip planning, have notified people where they would be and for how long. I would expect them to set up camp around the bus (already a great shelter that may aid in a visual cue for searchers). I would want them to work in small groups or pairs for every task. They have food and water and with the skills present in the group can esily obtain more. Some of the members that lack a particular skill set will be learning new ones. Since it is a test for beginners, that's what I would be looking for. Hope that's what you're looking for.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Yeah!

That's EXACTLY what I'm talking about! You can have a "pass-fail" sytem or grading them by a point system where "X" amount of ponts increases their standing; similar to the Boy Scouts "Tenderfoot, 2nd Class, 1st Class...etc.."
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin