Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Boston marathon

Quote Originally Posted by letslearntogether47 View Post
    I hope if he does live they extract all the info they can.And then put him to death asap.
    Ken, does Mass. have the Death Penalty?? I thought Mass. had banned the Death Penalty, so the tax payers and the relatives of victims of murderous criminals could pay for the murderers to live-for-life in prison, along with their peers.

Just wondering.

S.M.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to gain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

- Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790),U.S. statesman, scientist, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

The voters of Mass voted for the death penalty twice.It was shot down by the dopes on Beacon Hill.
    Sal Demasi and Tom Finneran have both been convicted of felonies.
    This however would be a federal crime,so the death penalty would be enforced here.
    BTW,I'm not Ken,my name is Bob.
    I suspect there's going to be another push for the death penalty in Ma.
    I hope it gets through this next time.And not shot down by the....well....I wont go into politics.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Seniorman View Post
    Ken, does Mass. have the Death Penalty?? S.M.
    Lawyer's Answer: Yes and No.

We still have a law on the books, but our Supreme Judicial Court held it to be unconstitutional.

Long story on that one. HOWEVER, this "Suspect 2" is certainly eligible for the Death Penalty under FEDERAL LAW.
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

I thought this state's SJC deemed that the Constitution didn't apply here.
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant

Blog Entries

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

Looks like they caught the guy

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

They have decided;

The suspect's Constitutional protections have been suspended in the interest of public safety????

After all the posturing of the past week that may sound good to some, what with the threats of skinning, scalping, disembowelment and all.

But it scares the crap out of me!
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    But it scares the crap out of me!
    A LOT of it scares me. Are we setting Fourth Amendment precedent? I need to mull this over, but I'll be posting about it soon.
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

Keep mouth shut only ask for lawyer. If he does this he "Technically" will be fine.

However there isn't much out there on exactly how HIG handles these things.

Bottom Line this is dangerous ground, leads to things like martial law being implemented due to an "active" conflict taking place on U.S soil and the interests of safety. Safety has always been the cloak Totalitarian governments use to feed the masses their daily dose of tyrannical control. But I put the horse before the cart so to speak.

So whom qualifies as an "enemy belligerent to the U.S?"
    Whats the period of effect?
    Would a suspect of drug/illegal dealing with Foreign threats be subject?

Today's world allows a kid sitting in his basement to connect with all kinds of nasty out there. He connects to some guy in Iran once and this info comes to the notice of the Local DA then they start pushing for cases to become federal. The HIG team becomes something that has to be expanded and they start popping up in every major city... So instead of "High Priority, its Sort of maybe High Priority detainees (not suspects even, because we are not talking about crimes, its FUTURE threats here)

But yeah its all good, because he is a terrorist, not suspected it is 100% certain. It will be OK they won't push on this and look to broaden the "capabilities" of this special task force. Anyone ever hear of how the FBI began? (No, I am not saying the FBI is bad, but think of the FBI with out the constitution... that's terrifying.)

Edit: If the Dude catches a bullet or shank I could care less, if he did it hes below scum if he didn't the stuff he pulled to escape warrants it. The person isn't whats important here its the things that will reverberate forward through time that is.

David Sarti anyone?
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Yeah but instead of losing you property and right to bear arms you lose your liberty and right to due process.

Joking aside some real nasty things are capable with these here safety measures. Nevermind the conspiracy nuts with their men in black and secret interrogations this make the men in black an all too real entity. These guys ain't going to be shooting aliens either the human or mqrtian kind but citizens of this our free nation.
    BUT HEY THE TRAINS WILL RUN ON TIME!!

Is it just me or do you think someone intent on placing a bomb might want to do a bit of surveillance before hand to see how many cameras are set up? I'm not familiar with the Boston Marathon route. You might not suspect this but I don't participate. In any case, I have to believe there were other locations that might have garnered more casualties if you're into that sort of thing. How do 2 guys that are smart enough to construct bombs and not actually blow themselves up in the process be so stupid with regard to surveillance cameras? There are round parts to this square puzzle that I don't understand.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Blog Entries

Why surveilance? How about a simple disguise? You know, fake beard, mustache, wig, some makeup (Sarge can tell you a lot about using makeup) sunglasses....
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

Here's another sort of rhetorical question. How long can a news station continue to repeat the exact same thing by different reporters using slightly different camera angles? Even today they are talking about the man in the boat. Move along folks. Nothing on this channel to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Why surveilance? How about a simple disguise? You know, fake beard, mustache, wig, some makeup (Sarge can tell you a lot about using makeup) sunglasses....
    I was thinking the same thing; at least put on a sheep mask, for Pete's sake!

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Here's another sort of rhetorical question. How long can a news station continue to repeat the exact same thing by different reporters using slightly different camera angles? Even today they are talking about the man in the boat. Move along folks. Nothing on this channel to see.
    They're gonna drive it into the ground til everyone hates everyone else and is immune to X lit up a room any time he entered it. And the constant...why...what drove them to it...why did they change from nice boys, etc, etc.
    Last edited by BENESSE; 04-20-2013 at 05:19 PM.

I like Cheese.
    However I will not blow up Switzerland if I can't get any more Swiss cheese.
    So these guys were so disgruntled about something they did something else horrific as a means of reprisal. Hmmmmmmmm JEEZE U.S foreign policy and immigration is the reason this all happened (so lets make borders oppens and give an acre and mule to everyone! except U.S citizens born here of course they can work and pay taxes/ follow the laws).

But oh wait we are now working closer with Russia on counter-terrorism matters.

True Story: China perpetrates more attacks on the U.S in an day then the combined attacks on the U.S by any other government or terrorist group to date. These are just cyber attacks however, which can only cause financial instability and economic ramifications as well as intelligence breaches.

Who cares what makes people do what they do... It usually is the same for the most part if you take the time to study a person in depth. Russian, Chech, Chinese, American, Wacko, Whoopie Cushion. None of it matters if nothing is learned on how to prevent it in the future.

I ramble a lot... my mind is a tricky tricky maze so don't get lost.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Viewing this from an urban survival standpoint, with no pro or con opinions of the person, idals or philosophies,

HOW DOES;

an untrained 19 year old pull off an historic terriorist act

stay calm and go about his normal life for 4 days

Go on a sudden crime spree and commit 3-4 criminal acts in 30 minutes

Drive through a firefight like he was trained by Blackwater

escape an instantly formed parimeter

leave no scent for tracker dogs while leaving a blood trail

Elude 10,000 LEO for 24 hours

still have enough strength to put up resistance when cornered even though he had suffered blood loss for his entire evasion

I am not presenting a conspiracy theory, I am simply wondering if I have underestimated the capabilities of young "sheeple", their motivation and instantly acquirable urban combat skills!

Remember that the 19 year old was NOT the one suspected of returning to Russia for training.

This kid ain't like the kids I taught in HS, even if he did wear his hat backwards.

And what if there had been 50 of them?
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 04-20-2013 at 09:57 PM.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Practice......lots of practice. and it ain't easy practicing getting shot but it does toughen you up.

Set it to music, Kyrat. What's your theory?

Hes from the future so he knew all the right moves.