Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: out of the picture

naturalist primitive your_comforting_company's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Unhappy out of the picture

Well, I officially have to buy a new camera.

My phone took pics till I dropped it in the brain bucket about a month ago. Dried it out and everything works now but the camera.. bummer, thats about all I used it for.

Yesterday the kitty cat decided it wanted to play with the tether strap on the kodak. It wen't down hard and now it sounds like a baby's rattle.

No way to document the stuff I'm doing till I can save up the money to get another camera. The way the economy has been going the world as we know it may end before I save up the money.

I guess I could rant about the things I do but without pictures noone will believe me.. not to mention that a picture says a thousand words and I'm just not that good at explaining things without a picture to go with it..

Maybe one day soon I'll get hold of one and can take some pics again, but for the time being you'll have to make due with my caveman-gibberish instructionals

Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. Helen Keller

My Plants
    My skills
    Eye Candy
    Plant terminology reference!
    Moving pictures

"Ma'am, my phone camera stopped working."
    "Well, yeah. Like, what happened to it?"
    "I dropped it in a bucket of brains."
    "Well, Eeeeeeeeew! We don't cover that."
    "Show me in the contract where it says anything about brains."
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    "Ma'am, my phone camera stopped working."
    "Well, yeah. Like, what happened to it?"
    "I dropped it in a bucket of brains."
    "Well, Eeeeeeeeew! We don't cover that."
    "Show me in the contract where it says anything about brains."
    Yeah, I'll bet she doesnt say "your the third guy this week to drop his phone into the brain bucket!!"

That would be pretty fun if she did. LOL.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by your_comforting_company View Post
    Well, I officially have to buy a new camera.

My phone took pics till I dropped it in the brain bucket about a month ago. Dried it out and everything works now but the camera.. bummer, thats about all I used it for.

Yesterday the kitty cat decided it wanted to play with the tether strap on the kodak. It wen't down hard and now it sounds like a baby's rattle.

No way to document the stuff I'm doing till I can save up the money to get another camera. The way the economy has been going the world as we know it may end before I save up the money.

I guess I could rant about the things I do but without pictures noone will believe me.. not to mention that a picture says a thousand words and I'm just not that good at explaining things without a picture to go with it..

Maybe one day soon I'll get hold of one and can take some pics again, but for the time being you'll have to make due with my caveman-gibberish instructionals

Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause
    due to your excellent post on tanning.i will send u $100 dollars.if others can contribute,u can get a camera,to continue this fine effort. pm me an addy..and all u other big guys and small ladies jump jump in..

Blog Entries

I really appreciate the offer PS. Perhaps rather than sending money to me, would it sound like a good idea to send the money to a "middle-man" who would purchase the camera and send the camera to me. I don't want anyone to think I'm asking for free money.
    Crash already has my details, maybe he would be interested in being the middle-man? I trust him wholeheartedly!

If anyone else thinks the same as PS, perhaps we could get a pool going. I really do thank you for such a generous offer, I just don't want anyone to think I'm being a bum.
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. Helen Keller

My Plants
    My skills
    Eye Candy
    Moving pictures

fine with me ycc.if crash wants to handle the cash,

I'll get in, y'all got a lot of first hand knowlage there, guy, be a shame mot to continue.
    Let me know.....here or PM
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

You guys have made a very generous offer. However you want to handle it is fine, and I would be happy to send it on to YCC. Just as a note though - you can buy a darn fine digital camera for under (quite a bit under) $100.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

throw in some more for one that takes good video too. I'd love to help but my funds are seriously limited. I screwed up buying that .22 and now I'm paying for it.

That's a very nice offer of you two.

well, i suggest that,a good camera be found.all that want to contribute ,sign in..amounts need not be posted.pick a member..yen,bott,$,lire.centoves,lbs(sorry winnie i dont have the sign on my keyboard)kogerands,inka gold, what ever u can give..

Blog Entries

it's £ And if Crash has a paypal acct I'd like to contibute too.
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

note to self: brain slurry and cameras/phones don't mix.

hrm, can't believe i didn't already have that on the list.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

uh i got a flat tire on my porhce the other day? hey just saying lol. seriously this is what i like about this forum tho.
    always be prepared-prepare all ways
    http://wareaglesurvival.blogspot.com

Blog Entries

I'm sure you'll be happy to know that I got my computer fixed. The power supply died I guess about 2 or 3 months ago. Well.. they were cleaning out the "geek's" office where dad works and the fella had a few power supplies layin around. They were gonna junk 'em and he asked could he have one.
    He dropped it off to me a couple days ago and I got it plugged in tonight. I have access to some pics I never uploaded to my photobucket and lots of bookmarked stuff I haven't had access to.

I still may not be able to take new pics, but now at least I can post up some old ones that may be new to you guys.

Now I got like 100 updates I gotta do, so I'll be around lmfao!

My Plants
    My skills
    Eye Candy
    Moving pictures

Woo Hoo!!!!
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Blog Entries

You guys might have noticed I'm back in the picture again!!

Thank you Mr. Crashblade! The kindness and generosity this fellow has exhibited is just outstanding.
    Crash sent me his old camera, with all the bells and whistles. I think it takes great pics, what do you guys think?
    I'm indebted to Crash for this offering and I vow to take as many pics as I can of everything I do (that I can take pics of ) for materials for the forum. I hope my neanderthal explanations will be concise enough and well photographed for everyone to learn and contribute.
    Since it's 100% chance of rain tomorrow, I won't be roofing lol.. I'll be testing out the video features and snapping stills of some other projects I'm working on.

Crash, If there's any way I can repay you, you just let me know.
    Thanks again!!

My Plants
    My skills
    Eye Candy
    Moving pictures

Boy this forum sure has a lot of generous folks.

Just keep posting pictures and teach us.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I should also mention that a few members contacted me via pm when they found out that the original camera had somehow gone the way of the zombies and tried to eat brains. They made very generous offers to send $ so that a new camera could be purchased. There are a lot of folks here that help out when they can. Kind of why I like this place.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel