View Poll Results: Bella Coola BC Canada Rainforest Wilderness River Cabin

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ever been there or heard of it or check it out on net?

1 33.33%
  • Being in bear country bring any fear & can you follow rules?

0 0%
  • Cabin Size 12' X 26' How many would fit or adding tents OK?

2 66.67%
  • Alcohol, within limits, OK with visiters R seperate groups.\?

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Group to join me a river cabin- Bella Coola BC

Default cavecooker

Quote Originally Posted by Camp10 View Post
    The place sounds like it has alot going for it. I will have to agree with Poco on this though. I've had a tough enough time with the camp of mine and I knew the others very well that I went in on it with. I bought them out a year ago just to keep them as friends.
    You sound like the kind of person with possibilities & could possibly fit in. I could, you could, check each other out. I do not blame anyone for being extra careful.

Bella Coola BC tourist are mostly European. I believe this place will catch on. I only purchased it, being ever once going there or seeing the 160 acres, to put my cabin on. Last August 2009 while there, for the first time, my Nuxalk & other friends asked if they could try & make a "sport" Pacific Salmon fishing place out of it & I said sure. I'd like to find a few salmon fisherman to make it a yearly thing more or less. Actually I'd like to go and still 30 - 60 days, so there could be a number of folks that could join me at different times. I'm not fearful of making new friends, and if I don't like them, they will not be scaring me. Screwing with me in the wilderness isn't an idle place with all the other Nuxalk friends just 2,640 (1/4 Section Square) feet down river. There's limited ways of getting into Bella Coola- flying into the 4,200 ft runway, seasonal ferry service on the Queen of the Chilliwack, or Hwy 20 also called Freedom Hill or The Hill which has 18% hills, single lanes in places, no railing, & much of it gravel from William Lake BC with is 300 miles. Bella Coola is small & no many can come & go without being seen. Getting away even is the Nuxalk don't get you------you can't. Dying isn't my main concern. If dying is his main concern, his going to have big problems.

If you've only been there once, how did you make all those friends?
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Default cavecooker

Quote Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
    Weird to advertise the location/description of your camp on the net.
    You, them can go to the place, if you can. River is dangerous & you will be spotted. You can't get away with it. He would go to jail for sure. Come on if you think it's worth the risk. You could destroy the cabin, but you pay a higher price than I. My cabin would be replaced. If you burn it down, & the rainforest burns too, you'd be staying in jail a very long time. Last August or 2009, while there, there were "over" 800 Wild Fires in BC alone. Helicopters were flying in Bella Coola all day long & they had two flight crews for each copter. They brought in a barge for the fuel. It was extra dry last year. You can see some info on YouTube. After I left BC, after almost 3 weeks, there were still over 700 Wild Fires in BC. Info off the radio. You start a fire in that country & it causes wide spread damage, you can hang up freedom.

Default cavecooker

Quote Originally Posted by pocomoonskyeyes View Post
    That is a good reason for not going. It might be his, it might not. I would hate to go and someone else show up saying - "Who are you and what are you doing in my Cabin".
    I can present the Land Title, just like I do at the Canadian Border, right now. I also have to stop at both American & Canadian borders coming & going to present my 909 Non-Resident Firearm Declation Form for my
    Mossberg Pump 12 ga that holds eight 3" slugs- last year the Canadian border guys said- "This is an assault weapen" & I didn't hesitate & said- "Your damn right, if a grizzly assault me, I intend to assault him back". He didn't say anouther word.

CZ550 .375 H&H Mag Rifle loaded with Federal 300 gr Cape Shock Sledge Hammers - Last year the American border guard pull it out, looking over it closely, points out this tiny stain looking thing-e & said- "What's this?" I knew he was thinking blood. It was no blood & I knew it. I said "I have no idea" He had no other questions for me.

The Canadian Border Guards asked me for the Land Title, maybe thinking I didn't have it, but I damn sure did. I carry lots of paper work. When they ask me why & what, I say I own 160 acres in Bella Coola & sometimes they look at me funny. Last year the Canadian Guard said- "That's alot of land" I said nothing---don't have to.

Cavecooker, I think that your offer is very generous. However I think that what most are trying to say is that regardless, you might want to get to know people first,before making such an open invitation. There is nothing wrong with being so generous. Yet when we see the news stories about this or that happening we all tend to be a little cautious of such an offer. Stick around,get to know folks,let them get to know you and see where it goes from there.

No offense but I always meet someone I have met on the internet in a PUBLIC place first, and get to know them better before I would even think of going somewhere like a wilderness area. Trust me you stick around, get to know people,let them get to know you, and you will have some take you up on your offer. Thanks for being so generous, and I hope understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I was at the cabin for the first time last August 2009. I bid on the land which was being advertised by Century 21 Nanaimo, BC & the realitor was acting as a duel agent meaning Seller could not know buyer (bidders) & Buyer could not know who seller was, but my Victoria Atty told me we could find out. Seller only listed a number & a surrey, BC address which I looked up on Map Quest but it only showed Interstate Hwys coming together & bridges. Strange huh. I thought the same. My attorney found out he was with a big logging company & his title was "Director" what ever that is. I can prove all this & take all bets. I found out, by email, seller accepted my bid on May 22, 2008. There is so much more to all this, I/you could write a book. There is much more related to the Nuxalks (check net) taken a stand against the logging in the Great Bear Rainforest & a numer of chiefs were arrested. Green Peace was there & another conservation groups with three letters but forgot name. Opra, I read, even had some folks there. The logging was stopped, the canniery closed, hard times there, land value went down, population dropped when many had to leave Bella Coola. I arrived, first time, in Bella Coola August 2008 & Century 21 arranged Leonard Ellis bcgrizzlytours.com to take me to the land to see it for the first time, but Leonard was out of town & my Nuxalk friend Barry took me. I/we were only at the land or about 2 hrs. I left "everything" up to Barry know he knew better than I or anyone where to put the cabin. The cabin site, when I/we went first time was up river a ways & we never walked there then. Fact is, it's so thick, we followed bear trails & only walked over maybe 200 ft square area. I still haven't seen more than 400 ft square area around cabin. I met others there including Jim & Rose Mary Smart who own Eagle Lodge, Tom & Kathy Moore who own Moore's Organic Foods on Grant Rd & more. One has email, & they build, take photos & email them to me, & repeat this process. Check out Leonard Ellis who sold over a million dollars of land & can send you that link too, & why he sold. Tom told me I had done well getting Barry a Nuxalk because you just about have to have the Nuxalks to do anything in Bella Coola. Most people there are Nuxalk. The land transferred officially into my name in June of 2008 & can provide proof. I have a numer of friends the, & with Barry being my friend, he has great contact with other Nuxalks in the Nuxalk neighborhooh called 4 Mile. You're damn right I have friends there. I do "everything" from right here in my shop/office. I, amoung other things, make money leasing commercial property. If you try to put something over on me, & get ugly, doing it in the wilderness would be an unwise place to push your luck. I can be a big SOB.

Default cavecooker

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I guess I made a mistake thinking most folks here would be OK, but there are wise asses everywhere. If I said something you don't like, you're wasting you feelings, because I have none for such issues, & feel it's a waist of time. I'm not like everyone, maybe un-normal, or ab-normal, but many great people were not like you either. I'm not saying I'm great, I'm just saying indeed I'm probably not like you. I have had folks from here to there say they couldn't have done what I did, buying without ever once seeing, but some are spending the same amount of money on a damn vette vehicle & that's not my thing. Land is something I have more of then just Bella Coola. It dangerous & I take out Life Insurance each & every year I go & intend to go into the wilderness. I'm worth more alive, but I may be worth more than you dead, & if you're going to try to kill me, be damn sure I'm not sucking any more air when you do it, or I'll remove you whole f------ head & toss it into the river.

A bat cave called...it wants it bat $hit back.
    Jeez!

Cavecooker - it is obvious by your lack of maturity that most folks here were spot on with the assessment of your offer. Since you have chosen the path that you have, you will have to seek your fantasies elsewhere. Goodbye
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

But Crash......he said I would fit it! I need a drink...maybe a shower.

Quote Originally Posted by cavecooker View Post
    I guess I made a mistake thinking most folks here would be OK, but there are wise asses everywhere. If I said something you don't like, you're wasting you feelings, because I have none for such issues, & feel it's a waist of time. I'm not like everyone, maybe un-normal, or ab-normal, but many great people were not like you either. I'm not saying I'm great, I'm just saying indeed I'm probably not like you. I have had folks from here to there say they couldn't have done what I did, buying without ever once seeing, but some are spending the same amount of money on a damn vette vehicle & that's not my thing. Land is something I have more of then just Bella Coola. It dangerous & I take out Life Insurance each & every year I go & intend to go into the wilderness. I'm worth more alive, but I may be worth more than you dead, & if you're going to try to kill me, be damn sure I'm not sucking any more air when you do it, or I'll remove you whole f------ head & toss it into the river.
    Quite the sales pitch.
    OK boys, I'm for axing this post.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    Quite the sales pitch.
    OK boys, I'm for axing this post.
    nah, I think it helps the thread go full circle. From a friendly invite to a decapitation threat.

Cavecooker will no longer be posting here. He has been banned.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Now that was just scary.......Had to be in marketing, like the guy that keeps calling and telling me my credit card intrest is too high.............
    Thanks.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Well that's just great. I had my tin foil hat and my Magic 8 Ball all packed.

What was up with all the killing and head tossing and shipping you down stream with the Newalk stuff? Griminey.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

I guess he answered the question about whom (or is it who) is mentally unstable.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Well that sucks! After the head tossing in the river part I was about to try and take him up on the offer.

Banned with 11 posts, never got out of his introduction. Makes you wonder exactly what he was cooking in that cave of his.

My invisible hand says thank you. Actually its a sock puppet but he doesn't like being called that.
    Karl

The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion the the effort he puts into whatever field of endeavor he chooses. Vincent T Lombardi

A wise man profits from the wisdom of others.

Oooh. A testy sock puppet. Careful with that.

If he was banned yesterday, how did he log in this morning?