View Poll Results: Bella Coola BC Canada Rainforest Wilderness River Cabin

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ever been there or heard of it or check it out on net?

1 33.33%
  • Being in bear country bring any fear & can you follow rules?

0 0%
  • Cabin Size 12' X 26' How many would fit or adding tents OK?

2 66.67%
  • Alcohol, within limits, OK with visiters R seperate groups.\?

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Group to join me a river cabin- Bella Coola BC

Smile Group to join me a river cabin- Bella Coola BC

I'm new so unsure if this is OK. In May 2008 I came across Land For Sale next to the Bella Coola River BC Canada. I was going there anyway for the 1st time. So I took a chance & placed a bid offer, & dang if I didn't end up with it. Having a "basic" river cabin being built now & info on my Facebook. Wife & daughter have no interest, & I was there first time Aug 2009 for over 2 wks. Like to find others to make a group. Now you must check out Bella Coola BC on Youtube & the Net. Must get to it by boat. It's within Great Bear Rainforst, Wilderness, bear country, no food can be stored or cooked inside cabin. I have a guide take me because I'm not river skilled. I thought from the beginning, later, solar power can provide even internet usage, lighting, & much more these days. Right now, Coleman Lanterns, small Generator, wood heater later, outhouse being built, no electrical power to it. Only, to large degree, is the Green Tin Roof & plywood floor from Pro Hardware there. Trees are milled into lumber for the cabin being mostly Red Cedar. I'd be thrilled to have guys & gals skilled in things such as canoe,raft,cayak, wilderness skills, & such. I do take & allow beer. Must see to believe, it's on 160 acres & river is listed historical, & no motors allowed- gasoline or electric. Please ask for more info is interested. Note- I live 3K miles away, & only go once a year, so others could possible go at other times if we all agree to agree. Bear Spray a must & I carry rifles allowed by 909 Non-Resident Firearm Declaration. If you like the wilderness, this is IT.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Question: What is a "Cayak"........?

Quote Originally Posted by Sourdough View Post
    I tink is a kinda bote

Well that is a generous offer being made in an introduction. But I believe I'll hold off for now.

@ Sourdough - Kayak is what I believe he meant.

The place sounds like it has alot going for it. I will have to agree with Poco on this though. I've had a tough enough time with the camp of mine and I knew the others very well that I went in on it with. I bought them out a year ago just to keep them as friends.

Seriously? You are seriously inviting people on an internet forum that you've never met to an isolated retreat that must be reached by boat? You have no skills, but want people to show up that do? Oh, and you'll allow beer?

Well, I too will have to pass on that. Good luck. Welcome to the forum.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Just out of curiosity, what do you intend to do if one of the folks that takes you up on your offer is a serial killer?
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Just out of curiosity, what do you intend to do if one of the folks that takes you up on your offer is a serial killer?
    Could be he's the Serial Killer? Just saying..... But in a way that would be a good thing cutting down on some that are short of brain cells..... Just sayin'

Generous offer, I'm lookin for something a little closer to home though.
    Welcome to the forums
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery?" - Patrick Henry

A quest for knowledge is never complete.

The only easy day was yesterday.

Well, I'm not trying to poke fun at him. We get folks on here from time to time with the same idea. I just don't understand taking that kind of risk and I'd like to hear his reasoning for shopping on the net. There may be a valid reason for doing it but I can't see it.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Weird to advertise the location/description of your camp on the net.

Anyone wanna come up to my cabin for vacation?... Well its not exactly mine, but the guy who owns it is never there...
    He lives 3k miles away... I hear we can only get there by canoe.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery?" - Patrick Henry

A quest for knowledge is never complete.

The only easy day was yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by NightShade View Post
    Anyone wanna come up to my cabin for vacation?... Well its not exactly mine, but the guy who owns it is never there...
    He lives 3k miles away... I hear we can only get there by canoe.
    That is a good reason for not going. It might be his, it might not. I would hate to go and someone else show up saying - "Who are you and what are you doing in my Cabin".

Cavecooker, PM me please.

As we paddle up in our " cayaks" to the scenic shore we are awed by the sight as the music from Deliverance plays softly in the background
    If by what I have learned over the years, allow me to help one person to start to prepare. If all the mistakes I have made, let me give one person the wisdom that allows them to save their life or the life of a loved one in an emergency. Then I will truly know that all the work I have done will have been worth every minute.

Seen a lot of projects come and go over the years.

Mostly it seems the owner makes the rules, and wants labor/money etc because he can't do it on his own.

In the end seems it does work out for the owner, but the partners, kinda get the shaft.(this can be taken any way you want)
    So welcome, and good luck, but I have enough with my own Homestead/cabin/BOL, thanks for asking..............
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Seriously? You are seriously inviting people on an internet forum that you've never met to an isolated retreat that must be reached by boat? You have no skills, but want people to show up that do? Oh, and you'll allow beer?

I'd have him checked out & feel comfortable or not include.

Default cavecooker

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    One of us will die---don't you think. If he is so into going into the wilderness & trying to kill me, I'll be into the same thing & intend to kill him first. I'm not worried. I have a Nuxalk (new-hawK) Reservation 2,640 feet down river & he or them would never got out, get away, nor loose a group of Nuxalk. If he intends to go & take such risk, he's must be tough, but he will not get away alive or dead.

Default cavecooker

Quote Originally Posted by Sourdough View Post
    From a man who never made a type-O.

Default cavecooker

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post

I might add, I have lots of Nuxalk Indian friends there. You can't get to the cabin except by river. No motors are allowed on this Historical listed river- gasoline or electric, so he must go down river. The Great Bear Rainforest my 160 acres is on, is "all" wilderness & extremaly thick with everything including a carpet of mulch that's been falling for 1,000 of years. The Nuxalk, if you check the history, actually found it easier to pole up the shallow glacier fed river rather than go by land.

If I don't like em, my Nuxalk friends will carry him out right away.